+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TAC Tailgating Policy

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: TAC Tailgating Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Used to do that. Used to be all we looked forward to.

That was back then. Before family tailgates were ignored, then priced out, then runned off.
    It's about knowing your audience, and building off of it with new clients. He trashed the family and student atmosphere that had been building, to cater to, a much smaller although well heeled group. It would have been a fairly simple fix to keep the area the same and full of families, students, and the relatively small loyal group of alums who are always there, and still have catered to the suite holders etc.

Puppy Hanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    It's about knowing your audience, and building off of it with new clients. He trashed the family and student atmosphere that had been building, to cater to, a much small although well heeled group. it would have been a fairly simple fix to keep the area the same and full of families, students, and the relatively small loyal group of alums who are always there, and still have catered to the suite holders etc.
    Perhaps I'm not a typical graduate / fan of La Tech, but I am thankful for the what the education did to prosper my career and life. I love Tech and want to see our academics continue to be outstanding, our enrollment soar, our athletic teams win, our fan experience improve, and larger crowds bring financial benefits. Although it is more than a 2,000 mile round trip, for quite a few years i have planned my travel schedule to attend 2-4 home games in Ruston and spend vacation money there. The tailgate experience at Aillet stadium had become something i really looked forward to, but also noticed that something had changed last year. The atmosphere was flat and the tailgate experience had taken a huge backwards step. I made a decision to not go back this year, and it is not because of the coaching by Skip Holtz, nor the effort of most of these fine young men who represent my school. While I am disappointed that we don't have a quarterback in charge that is leading the team as we have been accustomed, I am even more concerned that we don't appear to have leadership at the AD position to achieve Tech's potential and promote fan support. Ruston is a fantastic small town, and La Tech is great. I sincerely want Coach Holtz to succeed with this program. At the same time i understand why so many who love Tech like I do are frustrated with the status quo, given our tradition and potential. My hope is that things will change, and a new energy can unite team performance, wealthy donors, tailgate events, and large attendance crowds. I want to come back to Aillet, join you in tailgating, and along with them cheer the Bulldogs to championship wins!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover Dawg View Post
    Perhaps I'm not a typical graduate / fan of La Tech, but I am thankful for the what the education did to prosper my career and life. I love Tech and want to see our academics continue to be outstanding, our enrollment soar, our athletic teams win, our fan experience improve, and larger crowds bring financial benefits. Although it is more than a 2,000 mile round trip, for quite a few years i have planned my travel schedule to attend 2-4 home games in Ruston and spend vacation money there. The tailgate experience at Aillet stadium had become something i really looked forward to, but also noticed that something had changed last year. The atmosphere was flat and the tailgate experience had taken a huge backwards step. I made a decision to not go back this year, and it is not because of the coaching by Skip Holtz, nor the effort of most of these fine young men who represent my school. While I am disappointed that we don't have a quarterback in charge that is leading the team as we have been accustomed, I am even more concerned that we don't appear to have leadership at the AD position to achieve Tech's potential and promote fan support. Ruston is a fantastic small town, and La Tech is great. I sincerely want Coach Holtz to succeed with this program. At the same time i understand why so many who love Tech like I do are frustrated with the status quo, given our tradition and potential. My hope is that things will change, and a new energy can unite team performance, wealthy donors, tailgate events, and large attendance crowds. I want to come back to Aillet, join you in tailgating, and along with them cheer the Bulldogs to championship wins!
    Great perspective! You should forward a copy of this to LG.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I hope that this can be shared with the proper person . This is a fine example of what poorly thought out changes can do. The flat part is so true and will deter new fans along with old ones as well. I have a son who lives in Houston who went to Tech and all homes games and to all of the bowl games and this year he will only be a 2 !

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Good post. It was embarrassing to me to see most of the students leave at half-time as a protest. And those are the ones who at least showed up for the first half. I know there were many students who quit going altogether.
    Go Tech!

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

The students at most stadiums are the ones setting the tone for the atmosphere of the game. If we deter students from tailgating, of course many won't show up at the game. The tailgating last year felt empty. I'm not really looking forward to going to tailgate this year if it feels the same as last year.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    Good post. It was embarrassing to me to see most of the students leave at half-time as a protest. And those are the ones who at least showed up for the first half. I know there were many students who quit going altogether.
    Lol, you honestly think they leave to protest?

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that insight from an out of town fan, and a dedicated one at that.

You are completely right about enthusiasm being flat, and it carries over to the students and fans then the game and then on to the supporting Alumni.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously haven’t been following our sage brown noser D65. He’s got a scholarship named after him you know. We have a great AD, great HC, great S&C coach, and rock star QB. And if you disagree you’re not a real fan.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    It's about knowing your audience, and building off of it with new clients. He trashed the family and student atmosphere that had been building, to cater to, a much smaller although well heeled group. It would have been a fairly simple fix to keep the area the same and full of families, students, and the relatively small loyal group of alums who are always there, and still have catered to the suite holders etc.
    Yes, it wouldn’t take too much thought to resolve the issue. If you want to cater to the suite holders have valet parking, wouldn’t take much to accomplish. Leave the rest of the tailgating experience the same....For a school that is known for it’s engineering program we have very few if any creative problem solvers in administration.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    The students at most stadiums are the ones setting the tone for the atmosphere of the game. If we deter students from tailgating, of course many won't show up at the game. The tailgating last year felt empty. I'm not really looking forward to going to tailgate this year if it feels the same as last year.
    The tailgating at LA Tech is over-policed and underappreciated.

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

I think I will start tailgating in the Quad. It is the PERFECT spot!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX View Post
    I think I will start tailgating in the Quad. It is the PERFECT spot!
    IMO, I think we should have made this the thing back when Ronny Walker was at Tech. Tailgate Alley has changed the game day atmosphere at Tech for the better. However, I feel we would have been better off to have designated some spots on campus and run a trolley down to The Joe. We could have tailgates in both areas.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Let's pretend that ESPN Game Day came to Tech(I know. very remote). Where would they set up?

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    I hope that this can be shared with the proper person . This is a fine example of what poorly thought out changes can do. The flat part is so true and will deter new fans along with old ones as well. I have a son who lives in Houston who went to Tech and all homes games and to all of the bowl games and this year he will only be a 2 !
    Well you aren’t my dad, but this post could have come from him as well. 8 year season ticket holder, and 5 of those years driving from Houston every game is ending this year.

+ Reply to Thread