+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Travesty unfolding in Kavanaugh Hearing

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Travesty unfolding in Kavanaugh Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    When you are the victim of a crime you have no other recourse other than to notify the proper authorities. I don't advocate taking the law into your own hands...as tempting as that might be sometimes.

YES! women sexually assaulted are victims of a crime. I think we all agree on that...I think. It's horrible! And the guilty party should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. When a woman is victimized in such a crime, and they...no one else, they make the conscious decision NOT to report it, they have to understand there are ramifications for that choice.

I know women...several...who I believe, because I know them very well and trust their honesty and integrity...who have told me about a time when they were either sexually harassed (very common) or sexually assaulted. Obviously I won't reveal too much information, but the gist of it was this...

this woman had just been hired in what she considered to be a dream job. She had gone to college to earn a degree just so she could get a career in that field. Three days after she started the big boss summoned her to his office. At first it was all positive and encouraging. But as she leaving, he walked her to the door and then put his hands on her, where he had no business putting his hands, and he said to her "I think you have a bright future here." She was incensed! More than that, she was pissed! More than that, she was crushed! that she was being viewed as some sexual object rather than just a promising member of this organization. But, she tells me, if she had made a big stink about it her job there was over, and it might have damaged her career. And on that basis, she decided to let it slide.

Okay...now the cynic might say...well, girly, YOU decided to put your career ahead of doing the right thing, the necessary thing for the sake of women everywhere. There is truth in that.

About a week later, she tells me, she was in the lounge getting coffee when that creep came in and they were alone. He walked quickly toward her and she tried to maneuver away, sidestepping him. But he was insistent and got really close to her, saying stuff like "I hear you are doing some good things (job related), and I think you have the makings of climbing the ladder here, getting promotions, ya know..." When he tried to put his hand on her, near her waste, she twisted away and stepped back a couple of steps. He got upset, and then he became more aggressive, cornering her in the room and pressing close to her. He put a hand on her waste and then slid it toward her buttocks. She froze...

as my friend relived this experience, from years ago, she broke down and cried. She recalls everything as if it happened yesterday...it was 1995. He said something to the effect of if she would just cooperate, he could guarantee she would have a great career there. He did finally place his hand on her buttocks and squeezed it, with a big smile. By that time they both heard people approaching the lounge, so he stepped away and then quickly left.

That is sexual assault, I'm pretty sure in every state. Yes, states do have slightly different wording on that statute, but I think physical contact like that constitutes sexual assault.

She told me....and this was a few months ago before this Kavanaugh-Ford mess surfaced...to this day she is conflicted. She is no longer with that organization, but she is still in that field and today has a very high position making 6-figures. That creep left that organization for another one, getting a promotion and huge raise, but shortly thereafter, like less than a year later, he was mysteriously terminated by that organization, no explanation other than they were reorganizing. She suspects he got nailed by a female employee and that was why they terminated him.

I asked her, why are you conflicted? (I knew why already...) She said, "I put my career ahead of being concerned over the sexual advances. I knew I would never go "too far" with that [creep], and I thought I could balance it all." I asked her, looking back do you think you did the right thing, or not? She said, well, it all worked out didn't it. That [creep] (that's my term for him) left, I didn't have to deal with him anymore, and my career certainly has worked out for me.

I expect to see her soon, like this weekend. If I get the opportunity I will ask her what she thinks about the recent news, and how it affects the whole issue.
    That would fall under quid pro quo harassment. It’s probably the most common type. Terrible work environment for a woman to be in, but I’m afraid it’s probably fairly common.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    That would fall under quid pro quo harassment. It’s probably the most common type. Terrible work environment for a woman to be in, but I’m afraid it’s probably fairly common.
    Yes....and then outright assault when he grabbed her buttocks.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Gives credibility to the whole thing being a witch hunt when there are multiple stories which have no corroboration(there’s that pesky word again). As I said a few days ago, the only thing I have to go on is logic.
    Explain the “logic” further. So, if one person told an account that you don’t believe, how does that impact the truthfulness of another account of separate events?

Even if you were to concede that Dems were motivated to find people willing to tell such stories, how does the believability of one person’s story have any bearing on another person’s story?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

And I am concerned we are heading down a path where Kavanaugh could get impeached and that is going to create quite the Constitutional crisis...

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And I am concerned we are heading down a path where Kavanaugh could get impeached and that is going to create quite the Constitutional crisis...
    Impeached? For what?

Impeached? For what?
    Perjury

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Impeached? For what?
    For adhering to the constitution. That's a horrific offense to libs.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Explain the “logic” further. So, if one person told an account that you don’t believe, how does that impact the truthfulness of another account of separate events?

Even if you were to concede that Dems were motivated to find people willing to tell such stories, how does the believability of one person’s story have any bearing on another person’s story?
    I guess I should have said common sense instead of logic. To me, it seems like the same thing, but maybe not to an attorney. To me, it’s very simple. If 25 different people tell you we beat LSU this year, do you automatically believe them? A quick check for facts would show they were mistaken, regardless of how many people made the claim. You could reach the same conclusion if there was no verification in local news, newspapers, or social media to confirm that thought, even if there was no reporting that LSU won. If it happened, there should be some shred of evidence/corroboration that agree with the claim.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I guess I should have said common sense instead of logic. To me, it seems like the same thing, but maybe not to an attorney. To me, it’s very simple. If 25 different people tell you we beat LSU this year, do you automatically believe them? A quick check for facts would show they were mistaken, regardless of how many people made the claim. You could reach the same conclusion if there was no verification in local news, newspapers, or social media to confirm that thought, even if there was no reporting that LSU won. If it happened, there should be some shred of evidence/corroboration that agree with the claim.
    The difference is, there were millions of witnesses that saw the game just a few weeks ago. The other supposed incident happened 36 years ago. It would be impossible to prove or disprove it happened with any degree of certainty, especially since not a single person has come forward to verify any part of it. There’s not even a single person that admits to seeing them at a party together. There’s more credible evidence that Bigfoot lives in Lincoln Parish than there is in her case.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Perjury

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Because it establishes a pattern. One story has no bearing on the truthfulness of another, but one story affects the believability of another. If Kavanaugh is found to have sexually assaulted Ford, doesn't it make other claims of sexual assault or harassment more believable?
    The facts are the facts and someone presenting provably false claims will probably weaken other cases that are not provable. Not saying that should be true, but I'm saying it is.

The only things that are verifiable in Fords case are that she and Kavanaugh went to high school around the same time in the same general area. We can't even prove (so far) that they ever met in high school or knew each other or crossed paths at a party.

Unfortunately in some cases it shows that people are willing to make false accusations to achieve their desired outcome.
    Much like multiple people coming forward and claiming to be the person that Ford may have mistaken for Kavanaugh.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like all of the republicans will vote for Kavanaugh. Collins just said that it was a very thorough report that the FBI did.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Because it establishes a pattern. One story has no bearing on the truthfulness of another, but one story affects the believability of another. If Kavanaugh is found to have sexually assaulted Ford, doesn't it make other claims of sexual assault or harassment more believable?
    The facts are the facts and someone presenting provably false claims will probably weaken other cases that are not provable. Not saying that should be true, but I'm saying it is.

The only things that are verifiable in Fords case are that she and Kavanaugh went to high school around the same time in the same general area. We can't even prove (so far) that they ever met in high school or knew each other or crossed paths at a party.

Unfortunately in some cases it shows that people are willing to make false accusations to achieve their desired outcome.
    Much like multiple people coming forward and claiming to be the person that Ford may have mistaken for Kavanaugh.
    Thank you for saying so clearly what I would have said if I could think straight. We are fuming at work because AT&T service is out and they have no timetable for the completed repair.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post

Whose pattern? Ford’s?

The pattern is that of the democrat obstructionists. They apparently recruited people who willingly sacrificed their future to try to bring a guy down. They have thrown so much at Brett Kavanaugh, I halfway expect a kitchen sink to come flying in from off screen and flank him on the head like Wile E Coyote.

+ Reply to Thread