+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: Travesty unfolding in Kavanaugh Hearing

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Travesty unfolding in Kavanaugh Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You're the one that believed every word she said. I tried to tell you she was lying. Why do you think the democrats picked a psychologist to try to pull this charade off? It's not surprising to me that no one could corroborate her story. It's also not surprising that she made an announcement that she would not file a complaint with the Maryland police. She doesn't want to be investigated because she knows they'll find out what a fraud she really is.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute detltu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    THEY may not understand it, but us independent minded folks know that Trump’s “winning” is just red meat populism. He just keeps stirring the pot of his base throwing scraps of chum in the political waters. Good for him but bad for America. If the right and left weren’t so tribal it wouldn’t work. Unfortunately, such a desire for one’s tribe to “win” ensures that we will never be safe from tyranny.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/...tm=top&gtm=top
    There is a lot of truth to that. I think it's telling that politicians have abandoned all hope of appealing to people with ideas and clung to exciting their base. Elections have very little to do with ideas now and are all about voter turnout. Debates aren't debates, they are back and forth sound bites.

I actually think Trump did a better job than most people give him credit for of going outside of the republican base for votes. I really do believe there were people that had been abandoned by both political parties that Trump appealed to and actually convinced some people to vote for him.

Not to say that he doesn't rile up his base because he does, but I do think to a certain extent he has built his own tribe and pulled the GOP towards him.
    2017 LTAC Champion donor (110%)
    2017 Football Season ticket holder X3

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    You're the one that believed every word she said. I tried to tell you she was lying. Why do you think the democrats picked a psychologist to try to pull this charade off? It's not surprising to me that no one could corroborate her story. It's also not surprising that she made an announcement that she would not file a complaint with the Maryland police. She doesn't want to be investigated because she knows they'll find out what a fraud she really is.
    Yet she asked to be investigated by the FBI...

+ Reply to Thread