+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Travesty unfolding in Kavanaugh Hearing

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Travesty unfolding in Kavanaugh Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    He didn't "uniquely" talk to the female Senator any more than she "uniquely" talked to him. I'm not sure if I read that article or one covering the same topic but it's simply more speculation. What if he just wanted them to look professional and not unkempt? That's not to say that he isn't hiring based on looks or any other number of nefarious possibilities, but there is no evidence.

What other factors demonstrate a lack of respect for women?
    The students were advised to wear dresses rather than suits. And here is further elaboration on what the students were told:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b0181540d9e2bb

Did Kavanaugh ask any other Senators questions? Was her question more “out-of-bounds” than all the others?

And then there was the place where he cut his wife off from answering a question on the FoxNews interview.

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/crit...investigation/

Here are some telling signs of misogyny. Obviously we cannot know how many of these things are true but you can get a decent feel just from observing the hearing. Of course, the things we have heard about the law clerks kind of get at it too.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...pot-misogynist

But the most indicative feature that he doesn’t respect women is his own party affiliation and age.

“A majority of Republicans (54 percent) say they think Kavanaugh should be confirmed regardless of whether Ford's allegations are true, according to the poll.”

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/26/65164...ndecided-on-tr

That tells you all you need about where women’s issues stand with Republicans.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Trump is the President because those that normally voted Republican, and Democrat, were not being served by the people they elected.

When the tea party was giving the majority to a party that claimed to represent their interests, that party acted like the tea party folks were THE problem. How dare they make demands related to campaign rhetoric used to get their votes.

Bush was one of the worst. Actually, both of them. Bill Clinton was a better president than either, because he figured out which way the winds were blowing and went with it to save himself.

Except Reagan, I believe every other Republican president or candidate would have buckled under the garbage the Dems were creating and pulled his nomination. Trump talks to Dems the way they have been speaking to and about Republicans for decades. It is their game, and they hate him the most for beating them.

I did not vote for Trump the first time around because I thought he was all mouth and no substance. I thought the Dems would have him in their corner by now and he, too, would govern against the wishes of those that elected him. I was wrong.

I hope the other Republicans see how to truly get things done and learn from this. The Dems have been voting in packs for a long time (all you have to do is look at supreme court justices and see the Republicans normally vote FOR people that are completely political pawns of the dem party that have passed the Democratic "abortion litmus test". I hope the days of watching Republicans laughing at those that elected them while kissing the ring of a President determined to destroy those things they said they believe in are over.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

63% of likely women voters plan to vote Democrat.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

According to a poll that could likely be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    According to a poll that could likely be wrong.
    Yeah, in either direction.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    63% of likely women voters plan to vote Democrat.
    Wow. The same people who had Hillary winning by double digits are saying this crap. When you take a poll at a Kavanaugh protest you get these kind of results.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Wow. The same people who had Hillary winning by double digits are saying this crap. When you take a poll at a Kavanaugh protest you get these kind of results.
    Or from people wearing pink hats.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Trump is the President because those that normally voted Republican, and Democrat, were not being served by the people they elected.

When the tea party was giving the majority to a party that claimed to represent their interests, that party acted like the tea party folks were THE problem. How dare they make demands related to campaign rhetoric used to get their votes.

Bush was one of the worst. Actually, both of them. Bill Clinton was a better president than either, because he figured out which way the winds were blowing and went with it to save himself.

Except Reagan, I believe every other Republican president or candidate would have buckled under the garbage the Dems were creating and pulled his nomination. Trump talks to Dems the way they have been speaking to and about Republicans for decades. It is their game, and they hate him the most for beating them.

I did not vote for Trump the first time around because I thought he was all mouth and no substance. I thought the Dems would have him in their corner by now and he, too, would govern against the wishes of those that elected him. I was wrong.

I hope the other Republicans see how to truly get things done and learn from this. The Dems have been voting in packs for a long time (all you have to do is look at supreme court justices and see the Republicans normally vote FOR people that are completely political pawns of the dem party that have passed the Democratic "abortion litmus test". I hope the days of watching Republicans laughing at those that elected them while kissing the ring of a President determined to destroy those things they said they believe in are over.
    Good stuff. I didn’t vote for Trump either. However, he has won me over. He has taken the Democratic approach to politics and used it against them, and they can’t stand it. I think that maybe, hopefully, it’s beginning to rub off on some of these other spineless RINOs that we’ve been dealing with the last 20+ years. Who would have ever thought you would hear Graham talk like that? Not me

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Good stuff. I didn’t vote for Trump either. However, he has won me over. He has taken the Democratic approach to politics and used it against them, and they can’t stand it. I think that maybe, hopefully, it’s beginning to rub off on some of these other spineless RINOs that we’ve been dealing with the last 20+ years. Who would have ever thought you would hear Graham talk like that? Not me
    Talk like what? Out of both sides of his mouth? Angrily declare that the demands for an FBI investigation were the most “unethical sham” ever on Thursday to it sounding “perfectly reasonable” on Friday?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I didn't catch who it was...maybe one of you knows...but some lib, maybe a dem senator, called off the wild dogs and asked (told) the protestors to leave the SC alone. That Kavanaugh is a Justice now and the highest court in the land needs to get down to the work they do. Yesterday there were just two protestors with signs, being kept away from the SC building.

Two things:

1) if you were still too daft to know that the dems control the protestors, this is all the proof you need.

2) even the lib leadership has decided to move on...I suggest you move on too.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Talk like what? Out of both sides of his mouth? Angrily declare that the demands for an FBI investigation were the most “unethical sham” ever on Thursday to it sounding “perfectly reasonable” on Friday?

Hmmmm. Speaking about both sides of the mouth.

I think the dems called for an FBI investigation and called it needed and a reasonable step to take, then when it failed to produce what you wanted called it a SHAM and cover up.

Hmmmm. Speaking about both sides of the mouth.

I think the dems called for an FBI investigation and called it needed and a reasonable step to take, then when it failed to produce what you wanted called it a SHAM and cover up.
    The FBI was not allowed to do the investigation they are capable of doing.

“The bureau agreed not to interview Kavanaugh or Christine Blasey Ford, who accused him of sexually assaulting her, or to respond to many people stepping forward with new information. They agreed not to follow up on possible lies Kavanaugh is accused of telling in his Senate testimony. And they made other concessions unknown to the public or even Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

According to the New York Times’s reporting, White House lawyer Don McGahn made sure relevant questions went deliberately unexplored because, he believed, “a wide-ranging inquiry like some Democrats were demanding — and Mr. Trump was suggesting — would be potentially disastrous for Judge Kavanaugh’s chances of confirmation to the Supreme Court.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-investigation

The FBI was not allowed to do the investigation they are capable of doing.

“The bureau agreed not to interview Kavanaugh or Christine Blasey Ford, who accused him of sexually assaulting her, or to respond to many people stepping forward with new information. They agreed not to follow up on possible lies Kavanaugh is accused of telling in his Senate testimony. And they made other concessions unknown to the public or even Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

According to the New York Times’s reporting, White House lawyer Don McGahn made sure relevant questions went deliberately unexplored because, he believed, “a wide-ranging inquiry like some Democrats were demanding — and Mr. Trump was suggesting — would be potentially disastrous for Judge Kavanaugh’s chances of confirmation to the Supreme Court.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-investigation
    You do realize that VOX is a left wing opinion site, right? If this is where you get your "news", no wonder you're angry and misguided.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

You do realize that VOX is a left wing opinion site, right? If this is where you get your "news", no wonder you're angry and misguided.
    He has to get his news explained to him, which is why he likes Vox.

It is a left-of-center opinion and analysis site. I wouldn’t call it news. But they provide embedded links to their sources, so it makes it easy to verify their bases.

+ Reply to Thread