+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Travesty unfolding in Kavanaugh Hearing

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Travesty unfolding in Kavanaugh Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Awfully brave to ask for an FBI investigation if you are lying.
    Not really since they have already declined to investigate. There is nothing in their jurisdiction to investigate.
    Why would that be brave?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I guess.

Seems like an attempt to stall everything until November.
    I think that is certainly the motive of the democrats involved. It would carry a lot more weight if they hadn't indicated they would oppose whoever the nominee was before Kavanaugh was even named. It would also carry more weight if they hadn't made clear their tactics to stall from the very beginning.

This accusation if true could actually derail his nomination quite easily. Unfortunately this would have been a difficult allegation to prove 35 years ago. It's infinitely more so now. Every decision made from the beginning has been in the interest of dragging out the proceedings rather than getting to the truth. At least partially because they are unlikely to get to the truth on this matter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The 'craps openly admit they hope to keep the seat open for two years, longer really. Until what they hope is a 'crap POTUS in 2021. Given they have admitted that is their strategy, we know that anything less than a openly flaming lib nominee will be given a fair shake. So, eff 'em! Ram it home.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    This accusation if true could actually derail his nomination quite easily. Unfortunately this would have been a difficult allegation to prove 35 years ago. It's infinitely more so now. Every decision made from the beginning has been in the interest of dragging out the proceedings rather than getting to the truth. At least partially because they are unlikely to get to the truth on this matter.
    And, I suppose, that's what any opposing party should do. The method of this drag out is particularly distasteful, but I suppose that's where we've come in politics. Kavanaugh's task is literally impossible (prove something didn't happen).

I do know that if Hillary were president and she were about to nominate someone (her second SCOTUS appointee), I would want the GOP to delay until the mid-terms.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    And, I suppose, that's what any opposing party should do. The method of this drag out is particularly distasteful, but I suppose that's where we've come in politics. Kavanaugh's task is literally impossible (prove something didn't happen).

I do know that if Hillary were president and she were about to nominate someone (her second SCOTUS appointee), I would want the GOP to delay until the mid-terms.
    I think if the plan is to try to get Trump to nominate someone who is more palatable to a democrat majority after the midterms then I agree. If the goal is to prevent Trump from nominating someone until he is out of office, I disagree.

That would require Trump (or Hillary in the hypothetical) to actually nominate someone that the opposing party could find agreeable. I'm not sure I have faith in Trump (or any of our politicians) to act like adults and do their jobs.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I have faith in Trump (or any of our politicians) to act like adults and do their jobs.
    On the subject of the politicians involved - it is amazing to me that 3 of the members of the JC from the Thomas hearings in 1991 are still on the Committee.

And if this nomination is approved every member of the SC will come from either Harvard or Yale. Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch clerked together and have been friends for over 25 years. He also worked for Elena Kagan at Harvard Law School. So much of life in this country for the next 50 years could be shaped by a very small circle of people.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    On the subject of the politicians involved - it is amazing to me that 3 of the members of the JC from the Thomas hearings in 1991 are still on the Committee.

And if this nomination is approved every member of the SC will come from either Harvard or Yale. Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch clerked together and have been friends for over 25 years. He also worked for Elena Kagan at Harvard Law School. So much of life in this country for the next 50 years could be shaped by a very small circle of people.
    That is true. Of course we hope it's the right "very small circle of people." The Founding Fathers numbered about 40, or so, something like that? That's not a lot of people, even by 1770's standards. Yet, they did pretty good.

But, your point is well taken, and should be an eyebrow raiser for all of us. All the MORE REASON to drain the Swamp!

Juan Williams is a piece of shit. FOX needs to fire his sorry ass. He's just stupid.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what Ford's students think of her. By contrast, Professor Ford’s students have also gone on record, regarding her professionalism, and temperament.Former student Christine Blasey evaluated Professor Ford’s teaching and mentoring skills.

“Christine Ford is the worst educator I have ever experienced. Avoid taking her class and avoid any interaction with this person. I feel like she has something wrong with her and I am surprised no one has caught this. Also avoid Fullerton’s MSW program as long as she is there.”

Another student wrote: “Prof. Ford is unprofessional, lacks appropriate filters, and I am honestly scared of her. She’s made comments both in class and in e-mails, if you cross her, you will be on her bad side. I fear to think of the poor clients that had to deal with her while she got her MSW and her LCSW. Absolutely the worst teacher I ever had.

I heard a woman that called in today on talk radio that knows Ford and said she is a real nut. She said Ford once told a boy friend that she was pregnant and he was going to have to marry her. He said you've got the wrong boyfriend because we've never had intercourse.

But Don, Juan Williams says Ford is a more credible witness and more believable than the woman accuser of Elison. Reasons: all Elison's accuser has is some documented proof, but it's been less than 2 years since the incident, so of course she's gonna remember more details. And of course she has witnesses...it's all fresh. But Ford must have really suffered something bad because she remembers that something happened 36 years ago.

Juan Williams is one dumb F--K.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I always try to hit the mute button when Juan Williams talks to keep from hurting my brain.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Juan Williams is a piece of shit. FOX needs to fire his sorry ass. He's just stupid.
    Yes, Williams is being paid to disagree no matter what. The guy tries to make a point, but it rarely even makes sense. He often defends Maxine Waters. That's all you need to know about him...

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

So based upon the standard that Ford is using against Kavanaugh, then just about EVERY male in the US and around the world is guilty of sexual assault. Case in point.. if you were a teenager, making out with a girl, and you tried to take it further and reached up and touched her breast on the outside of her shirt.. and she said no, and you immediately stopped. You could be charged with sexual assault. Same could apply if you are married, and you wanted to get frisky with your wife, and touched her and she said no. Using this same standard you touched a female against her wishes and could be charged. Think about this as you look back upon your teenage years..

Same is true for any guys grabbing other guys, or girls and girls. It is not just limited to m/f couples.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Not really since they have already declined to investigate. There is nothing in their jurisdiction to investigate.
    Why would that be brave?
    Trump would have to direct them to do so. Will he?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Trump would have to direct them to do so. Will he?
    Hope not, like the Russian BS, there's nothing to investigate. All we need is another special investigation

+ Reply to Thread