+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NIKE-Kapernick

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: NIKE-Kapernick

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    First paragraph of you own link:

"Shares of Nike (NKE - Free Report) have fallen roughly 12% over the last three months as part of the larger market decline. Yet, the sportswear powerhouse has quickly revamped its business to focus on direct-to-consumer sales and has returned to growth in North America as it continues to expand around the globe."

By the way, BROOKS running shoes fit much better, lasts longer and look better. But you have to be a bad ass athlete to wear 'em. They are not for wussies and Kaepernick supporters.
    As part of the larger market decline (the part you didn’t bold).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    As part of the larger market decline (the part you didn’t bold).
    Markets go up and markets go down. Fact is, the timing of NIKE's contract signing of Kaepernick (Sept 4th) coincides perfectly with NIKE's recent stock declines. The Kaepernick signing announcement was made the first week of September.....when NIKE's stock was at an all-time high. According to this article, NIKE's stock price fell 3% in the first hour of trading.

https://www.mlive.com/news/us-world/...ernick_to.html

I guess we'll never know for certain if NIKE's 14% decline in stock value was caused by the overall market decline, or by the Colin Kaepernick signing announcement, or by some combination of both events. I'm guessing the latter. I do know I've personally bought two pairs of BROOKS running shoes since that time, and I won't be buying any NIKE's for a while.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

NIKE shoes suck. Brooks and New Balance all the way.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Amen! I had a Podiatrist recommend shoes for me and Nike wasn’t in the conversation. Brooks, New Balance and ASICS were the recommendations.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    +1

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually have a pair of ASICS now. Held up well.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Markets go up and markets go down. Fact is, the timing of NIKE's contract signing of Kaepernick (Sept 4th) coincides perfectly with NIKE's recent stock declines. The Kaepernick signing announcement was made the first week of September.....when NIKE's stock was at an all-time high. According to this article, NIKE's stock price fell 3% in the first hour of trading.

https://www.mlive.com/news/us-world/...ernick_to.html

I guess we'll never know for certain if NIKE's 14% decline in stock value was caused by the overall market decline, or by the Colin Kaepernick signing announcement, or by some combination of both events. I'm guessing the latter. I do know I've personally bought two pairs of BROOKS running shoes since that time, and I won't be buying any NIKE's for a while.
    You clearly know nothing about stocks. Investors don’t act rationally all the time. People respond to volatility as well. There was a brief selloff at the time of the statement but it completely recovered within a day as the market processed the information.

Nike stock kept going up through September and then started to go sideways and down in October just like almost all of the market.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You clearly know nothing about stocks. Investors don’t act rationally all the time. People respond to volatility as well. There was a brief selloff at the time of the statement but it completely recovered within a day as the market processed the information.

Nike stock kept going up through September and then started to go sideways and down in October just like almost all of the market.
    Oh goodie.....now we can get stock advice from a cheap, country lawyer named Guisse.

Fact is, investors don't always act IMMEDIATELY. Much of NIKE's stock is owned by large ETF's, Mutual Fund's, Hedge Funds, Index fiunds, etc...not to mention large Pension Plans and other Retirement Plans. All of that stuff doesn't move immediately, and it can easily take a few days for people to contact their brokers/advisors and tell therm what they think. What we DO KNOW is that NIKE'S stock peaked on Sept 21st (see Yahoo Finance table I already posted), and has gone steadily downhill -15.67%, ever since. That's a fact. Of course, if you knew anything about stocks, you would know this.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Amen! I had a Podiatrist recommend shoes for me and Nike wasn’t in the conversation. Brooks, New Balance and ASICS were the recommendations.
    Love Brooks

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

First paragraph of you own link:

"Shares of Nike (NKE - Free Report) have fallen roughly 12% over the last three months as part of the larger market decline. Yet, the sportswear powerhouse has quickly revamped its business to focus on direct-to-consumer sales and has returned to growth in North America as it continues to expand around the globe."

By the way, BROOKS running shoes fit much better, lasts longer and look better. But you have to be a bad ass athlete to wear 'em. They are not for wussies and Kaepernick supporters.
    You didn't have to go to the link: I quoted that same passage here. It means that the market in general has declined. While stock prices have declined, the sales at Nike have steadily increased. Sure, the Kaepernick ad is only a small part of their overall strategy. The point is that Nike doesn't give a rip about your opinion...and others like you.

Oh goodie.....now we can get stock advice from a cheap, country lawyer named Guisse.

Fact is, investors don't always act IMMEDIATELY. Much of NIKE's stock is owned by large ETF's, Mutual Fund's, Hedge Funds, Index fiunds, etc...not to mention large Pension Plans and other Retirement Plans. All of that stuff doesn't move immediately, and it can easily take a few days for people to contact their brokers/advisors and tell therm what they think. What we DO KNOW is that NIKE'S stock peaked on Sept 21st (see Yahoo Finance table I already posted), and has gone steadily downhill -15.67%, ever since. That's a fact. Of course, if you knew anything about stocks, you would know this.
    I wouldn’t suggest that anyone take stock advice from me. But we were all watching Nike stock the day and week of the announcement because someone created a thread on it.

The initial movement was down as it was a controversial announcement and some investors are going to flee controversial stocks when it doesn’t fit their risk profile. In the week following the announcement people flocked back to the stock and the price completely recovered and set new all time highs. Sales grew.

Nike stock, like most everything else is going through price adjustments over the past several months with all the market volatilty. This month has been particularly crazy with the DJIA making triple digit moves in all but 3 trading sessions. These moves are based on shifting reactions to trade disputes, larger economic growth indicators, inflation and interest rate fears, geopolitical fears, etc.

The proof of the impact of the Nike endorsement will be much clearer in Nike’s earnings announcement that is expected this coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    You didn't have to go to the link: I quoted that same passage here. It means that the market in general has declined. While stock prices have declined, the sales at Nike have steadily increased. Sure, the Kaepernick ad is only a small part of their overall strategy. The point is that Nike doesn't give a rip about your opinion...and others like you.
    .....yeah but you're from that beautiful cest pool known as Thailand. I'm sure your opinion really matters.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

A man of your intellectual abilities is capable of a much better response to Sunday Jam. You just did a disservice to yourself and everyone on this board.

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

.....yeah but you're from that beautiful cest pool known as Thailand. I'm sure your opinion really matters.
    I'm from Hawaii, dude. Nike doesn't care about my opinion either. True dat. It's all marketing and the Kap ad is completely in-sync with the marketing that built Nike. Kaepernick is a great athlete who has never commited a crime. He's never done anything disreputable. He merely took a political stance against racial injustice.

How could I rephrase my original mistake? Oh, I know: Nike doesn't really care about opinions. They care about long term marketing. Your opinion is just as important as mine...including this point. Neither is important.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    I'm from Hawaii, dude. Nike doesn't care about my opinion either. True dat. It's all marketing and the Kap ad is completely in-sync with the marketing that built Nike. Kaepernick is a great athlete who has never commited a crime. He's never done anything disreputable. He merely took a political stance against racial injustice.

How could I rephrase my original mistake? Oh, I know: Nike doesn't really care about opinions. They care about long term marketing. Your opinion is just as important as mine...including this point. Neither is important.
    Nah, he just found a new way to make money besides playing football. He’s a true capitalist.

+ Reply to Thread