+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NIKE-Kapernick

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: NIKE-Kapernick

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Lots of factors, yes. But for some fans the whole Kapumpernickel affair was the final straw.
    I agree, but if 1 of those 3 I mentioned doesn’t exist, then I think the stadiums are much closer to capacity. If tickets were affordable, or you only had 2 camera angles at home, or these protests happened on the players time and not while he is supposed to be working and entertaining the fans it would improve. I can stomach 1 of those 3 and still justify going to a game or 2 if you are a huge fan. Having all 3, well, the numbers speak for themselves.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Kapernick's stupid arse stunt has cost the NFL an incredible amount of money and standing.
    Was it Kapernick's stunt or the stupid owners that caused the decline. Appears to me the owners are the culprit. They are afraid of their employees. After the Redskins lost two qbs and still ignored Kapernick, it appears he is history. We can hope so.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Kapernick's stupid arse stunt has cost the NFL an incredible amount of money and standing.
    Was it Kapernick's stunt or the stupid owners that caused the decline. Appears to me the owners are the culprit. They are afraid of their employees. After the Redskins lost two qbs and still ignored Kapernick, it appears he is history. We can hope so.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Kapernick learned from history.... Lou Alcinder, Cassius Clay. Only problem is he wasn't nearly as successful.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Kapernick learned from history.... Lou Alcinder, Cassius Clay. Only problem is he wasn't nearly as successful.
    Only one problem. Nike’s stocks with through the roof after the Kapernick add. So that early projection was misleading

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

A 3-10 49ers is where their political correctness took them. Nike has always thrived off of controversy. Why are you surprised? Kaepernick was always a punk but always a baller. I always disliked him as an opponent but had mad respect for him as a baller.

Oh...you didn't know that the right could be ''politically correct" in the same sense that the left is? San Fran and the NFL made a big-boy mistake in shunning the Kap. His political point was already made. Bobby Jindal and BP are legacies that Louisiana will have to deal with for a hundred years. Kap and Nike...they're good.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Wouldn’t the real indicator be the TV ratings? It seem like NFL attendance is down only where the teams are less-than-descent or totally suck. Exception(s) maybe being Rams and Chargers which are good teams, but they are in costly California and temporary venues.

Are the Saints, Chiefs, Patriots, Texans, Cowboys, Bears playing home games with lots of empty seats?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    A 3-10 49ers is where their political correctness took them. Nike has always thrived off of controversy. Why are you surprised? Kaepernick was always a punk but always a baller. I always disliked him as an opponent but had mad respect for him as a baller.

Oh...you didn't know that the right could be ''politically correct" in the same sense that the left is? San Fran and the NFL made a big-boy mistake in shunning the Kap. His political point was already made. Bobby Jindal and BP are legacies that Louisiana will have to deal with for a hundred years. Kap and Nike...they're good.
    Meh... The 49ers are 3-10 because they have a horrible team and their starting QB that went 5-0 last year with them is out for the year.

Kaepernick's team had a decent little run in 2013, but his statistics will tell you he really wasn't more than an average QB. Not to mention he has a lawsuit filed against the NFL. No employer is going to hire someone that is actively suing them. He's the left's version of Tim Tebow in a sense: not a great QB but he won some games, and was a more of a media spectacle than anything.

The bottom line is that most teams don't want to put up with all the distractions unless you're a top-tier talent. There are very few outliers to that.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

He had already lost his job and he was disgruntled. He was pouting on the sidelines and it led to all this mess.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Wouldn’t the real indicator be the TV ratings? It seem like NFL attendance is down only where the teams are less-than-descent or totally suck. Exception(s) maybe being Rams and Chargers which are good teams, but they are in costly California and temporary venues.

Are the Saints, Chiefs, Patriots, Texans, Cowboys, Bears playing home games with lots of empty seats?
    Cheifs, Texans and Bears have had several home games with a shocking number of empty seats. Pretty sure I have seen some pics of a surprising number of empties with Cowboys and Patriots. The only one on your list that I haven’t seen reports on is the Saints.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post

Only one problem. Nike’s stocks with through the roof after the Kapernick add. So that early projection was misleading
    You watch too much CNN. Nike announced on Sept 4th. It went down, up, now WAY down again. Did you buy on 9/4?

Puppy sxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the rough

I think the disagreement on this point is absolutely rediculous. The issue is simple. Is allowing players to protest during the games beneficial or detrimental to the NFL? The answer is just as simple and isnt political.

The NFL was watched by people of all races and political affiliations. Democrats, republicans, libertarians and independents, police, political activists, doctors, lawyers, preachers and gang bangers all watched NFL.

For that reason, it is obvious that the NFL should have demanded that coaches, players and staff remain neutral while they are within the course and scope of their employment. Owners should do the same. Neutrality is the ONLY option that would have completely avoided upsetting or offending any significant number of viewers. Whatever decision leads to the most viewers and revenue generated is the right decision.

I personally have political views, but in my business I represent clients with vastly different political and religious views. For that reason, I do not espouse my views to my clients or at any business related event. It has nothing to do with oppression or disagreement. My decision is driven by the fact that the money my democrat clients pay me with is just as green as the money my republican clients pay me with.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sxg023 View Post
    I think the disagreement on this point is absolutely rediculous. The issue is simple. Is allowing players to protest during the games beneficial or detrimental to the NFL? The answer is just as simple and isnt political.

The NFL was watched by people of all races and political affiliations. Democrats, republicans, libertarians and independents, police, political activists, doctors, lawyers, preachers and gang bangers all watched NFL.

For that reason, it is obvious that the NFL should have demanded that coaches, players and staff remain neutral while they are within the course and scope of their employment. Owners should do the same. Neutrality is the ONLY option that would have completely avoided upsetting or offending any significant number of viewers. Whatever decision leads to the most viewers and revenue generated is the right decision.

I personally have political views, but in my business I represent clients with vastly different political and religious views. For that reason, I do not espouse my views to my clients or at any business related event. It has nothing to do with oppression or disagreement. My decision is driven by the fact that the money my democrat clients pay me with is just as green as the money my republican clients pay me with.
    Yep, if we have a company event, we, as employees, get told how to dress and how to comport ourselves. The company is paying us. If we can’t comply by acting respectfully we should find something else to do.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post

Nobody cares about Nike stock and besides it's down.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post

Not the Saints. But I will say their contract suite ticket sales did dive. But they are selling them game to game just fine.

+ Reply to Thread