+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/8: Southern University [Home Opener]

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Football 9/8: Southern University [Home Opener]

Louisiana Tech
    Southern University

September 8 | 6PM |
    ESPN+

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 9/8: Southern University [Home Opener]

Looks like Gordon won't present any real problems Saturday. That's good.

Back to football...

there is nothing about Southern's team that should cause us any concern. This should be a routine beat-down of a SWACer. But...I never under-estimate Holtz's ability to conjure up a WTF game. We have QB issues too. Hopefully our D will dominate the game, and our OL will step up and our running attack will light it up. We did run the ball pretty good vs. USA. Also, PUHLEEZE!!! let's see improved specialty teams. Our punting and kicking were woeful, and kick-off coverage sucked too.

My optimistic side says the Dawgs will win fairly handily, like 45-17.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Looks like Gordon won't present any real problems Saturday. That's good.

Back to football...

there is nothing about Southern's team that should cause us any concern. This should be a routine beat-down of a SWACer. But...I never under-estimate Holtz's ability to conjure up a WTF game. We have QB issues too. Hopefully our D will dominate the game, and our OL will step up and our running attack will light it up. We did run the ball pretty good vs. USA. Also, PUHLEEZE!!! let's see improved specialty teams. Our punting and kicking were woeful, and kick-off coverage sucked too.

My optimistic side says the Dawgs will win fairly handily, like 45-17.
    Why do we have kicking and punting issues with our history concerning those 2 positions?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Why do we have kicking and punting issues with our history concerning those 2 positions?
    I bet we go Rugby style this year.

It is quite surprising that our kick team is this bad. Don't they attend camps over the summer to work on fundamental and mechanics?

I know Ryan Allen went to the below:
    https://oneononekickingcamps.com

Bulldog Earle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Louisiana Tech
    Southern University

September 8 | 6PM |
    ESPN+

The thought of again returning to the rolling hills of North Louisiana to take on Louisiana Tech on the gridiron is certainly a pleasant one. All of the positives that I can recollect about my earlier visit to this campus from its wonderful, spirited fans to the willingness of the university to bend over backwards to accommodate its visitors create excitement for my return visit. Only the score in the previous game would give me pause, but for the love that I have for the North Baton Rouge university! I look forward to a competitive contest in the JOE, a lively exchange of expressions with opposing fans, and an exciting halftime show with the marching bands. My score guess; 32 to 30 SU. MY attendance guess: 25700 weather permitting with SU accounting for 5500 to 6500.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Alright! Good start to a game discussion. Non-flaming, respectful visiting fan.

Of course....a fan that is NUTSO! 32-30 SU? Nah! I understand fans being loyal to their team, even being optimistic, but....come on, man!

Okay, let me try this.... Tech 70 SU 2

AND!!! the BOP out-performs the Human Jukebox in the halftime show too!

Take that!

Bulldog Earle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Louisiana Tech
    Southern University

September 8 | 6PM |
    ESPN+

The thought of again returning to the rolling hills of North Louisiana to take on Louisiana Tech on the gridiron is certainly a pleasant one. All of the positives that I can recollect about my earlier visit to this campus from its wonderful, spirited fans to the willingness of the university to bend over backwards to accommodate its visitors create excitement for my return visit. Only the score in the previous game would give me pause, but for the love that I have for the North Baton Rouge university! I look forward to a competitive contest in the JOE, a lively exchange of expressions with opposing fans, and an exciting halftime show with the marching bands. My score guess; 32 to 30 SU. MY attendance guess: 25700 weather permitting with SU accounting for 5500 to 6500.

Earle is a bot.

Puppy luckydawg is on top of his/her gameluckydawg is on top of his/her gameluckydawg is on top of his/her gameluckydawg is on top of his/her gameluckydawg is on top of his/her gameluckydawg is on top of his/her gameluckydawg is on top of his/her gameluckydawg is on top of his/her gameluckydawg is on top of his/her gameluckydawg is on top of his/her gameluckydawg is on top of his/her game

I went to the TCU V Southern game last weekend....I immediately noticed two things about Southern.

Their OL was very large....not athletic, but very large.

Secondly, they tackled well. When TCU was in space, they made southern pay. But on the whole, Southern tackles very well.

And lastly, they fair caught almost every kickoff. I’d never seen that before.

My 2 cents....Latech 42, Southern 14

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    And lastly, they fair caught almost every kickoff. I’d never seen that before.
    Before this year no one fair caught on kickoffs. This is the first year of placing the ball on the 25 if fair caught. In watching games so far this year I have seen very few teams utilize this.

There used to be rule that if you fair caught on the kickoff you got a free kick from that spot. A few teams actually kicked field goals in that manner.

Puppy BreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the rough BreadDawg's Avatar

I don't expect this one to be close. I just want our kicking game to improve and our passing game to show some consistency.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I am confused ( as usual) our kicker broke the all time scoring record at Tech last year. our Australian punter had a shank because of pressure--he was in end zone and still averaged 40 yards average including lousy kick-- he actually punted one well over 55 yard but we failed to sown the ball before it went into end zone -- new fg kicker looked ok and Dyer punts the ball very hi which helps coverage, Just my opinion that we are ok in this area --not special yet....

on the lousy kick from end zone he was under to much pressure SO next time he kicked we brought 3 blocker back in front of him including Conner in middle --he is the linebacker who was ranked best defensive player in Jr College last year ---

did anyone see Conner playing on Defense? I do not remember seeing him on D

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BreadDawg View Post
    I don't expect this one to be close. I just want our kicking game to improve and our passing game to show some consistency.
    I am ok with the kicking , probably because I am like you realize the second part of your post is what all of us die-hard Dogs are concerned about. OK you guys, that's about as close to whining as I have ever posted-- we are not going to reach our goals without eliminating the int's and getting a decent passing game

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

OK, this just looks weird.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Dawgs have protection

+ Reply to Thread