+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: 9/8: Southern University [Home Opener]

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/8: Southern University [Home Opener]

PD I wasn't saying you were lying. I really did want to see pictures. From what I saw on TV it looked like about 17000 to 18000. Full down low on the sw cornerr (family) and empty on the nw corner. East side looked about the same except the two bands filled in the lower section on either end. Twenty two thousand sounds high to me, too.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Curious and serious question... Why is everyone so hung up on 'actual' attendance when the official reportable number is tickets sold and that is what everyone reports?

Is it just something to debate and argue over?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    Curious and serious question... Why is everyone so hung up on 'actual' attendance when the official reportable number is tickets sold and that is what everyone reports?

Yes. It's called "attendance ball", and it's silly. Just in the last 2 pages we've seen guesses between 15K (by Tech52) and 23K (by PD, the official count, etc..). That's quite a stretch for such a small crowd. Somebody's certainly wrong. I just don't understand what people like Tech52 gain from under-reporting their own team's home crowd attendance. Why would anybody do that?

Puppy sxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the rough

I'm not a big stickler on attendance, but actual attendance is critical for growing our program.

People who buy tickets but then skip the game are great. They help fund the program. That being said, only butts in seats help make a fun gameday atmosphere.

For us to judge the effectiveness of our athletic department and marketing campaigns, we need to track sales AND actual attendance.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yes. It's called "attendance ball", and it's silly. Just in the last 2 pages we've seen guesses between 15K (by Tech52) and 23K (by PD, the official count, etc..). That's quite a stretch for such a small crowd. Somebody's certainly wrong. I just don't understand what people like Tech52 gain from under-reporting their own team's home crowd attendance. Why would anybody do that?
    I mean, I was more focused on the game. I’m not under-reporting purposefully to put us down. It could very well be a couple thousand more than that. Im just giving a pretty conservative estimate.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I was satisfied with the crowd considering the weather threat. Student/ young alumni section was decent.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Just a PSA. I know a lot of you love this board and don’t see why you’d pay for a subscription to Bleed Tech Blue to get recruiting info, inside news a few days early, or find out that we will host Tougaloo (no, not Breakin’ 2 Electric Boogaloo) on December 20th in the TAC, but they have added another feature to their toolbox that would have moved the needle over the mark for me if I didn’t already subscribe. They now have access to the detailed college info from the folks at Pro Football Focus. Insanely detailed stats, player grades for every game going back a couple of years, and some really cool insight. Pro Football Focus doesn’t even provide this detail of data to their NFL subscribers and just releases the higher level numbers on their twitter feed. Individual subscribers can’t go in and view the detail at will, but Ben is highlighting a lot of those numbers in the subscription area of the site. He posted snap counts vs Southern on the free area to give a little taste, but that is the most basic of the info he gets. He posted some detailed grades vs South Alabama so we could see how each player graded out, even run blocking vs pass blocking by individual. So if you like that kind of insight, now might be the time to try it out and see what you think.

https://latech.rivals.com/news/snap-...ch-vs-southern

https://latech.rivals.com/news/2017-...otball-focused

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    It feels like when we do it we are still comparing ourselves to ULM... 'at least we have more than them'.

I said somewhere on here a couple of years ago that I would rather have a sellout crowd for $15 a ticket than half the crowd at $30 a ticket. Which my point was a simple marketing one, find the price point that fills the stadium...and I know it is more than price but also the finickiness of the common fan to be entertained.

Is it enough to win any game we play by 3 points even if that score is 20-17? Or do we we need to hang 40+ points on the board to entertain the fans that will show up?

I think Coach Holtz will prove that winning alone won't do it, but you must also entertain with high octane offense. This actually isn't a disparaging accusation against the coach but much more against the fans. And I know his winning record in JAS has not set a record but we have went to and won 4 straight bowl games - even if there are more of them.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Re: Non-Southern Related Random Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Our Special Teams are special(y) bad. Please tell the return guy that he is not Livas, take a fair catch. Our cover guys couldn’t cover.

Our LB are the weakest part of the Defense.

Jaylon was held most of the snaps. They finally called it, but most plays he beat the edge and his jersey showed tearing where he was held.

Dancy deserves the majority of the snaps.

It’s 2018 and AT&T sucks at the Joe. Please get our “internet” partner SuddenLink or CenturyLink or somebody to put wireless in the Joe.

Rotolos pizza tasted like it was reheated and old. I like rotolos, but that was not good.
    Dancy only had 7 touches (5 rush) totaling 76 yards and 2 TDs. Last week 16 touches (15 rush), 146 yards, 2 TDs. Very nice numbers. He is quick and sneaky. He should have a lot in the tank for conference competition.
    Still can't believe he is on kickoff return though. Surely there are other non-starters who can catch a kickoff and take that beating.
    I do prefer Tucker to take some of the between-the-tackles carries and hits as long as he can hold onto the ball.

Can't understand why we ever have McKnight running east-west. Henderson seems more useful than McKnight as a 3rd RB. Put McKnight back to doing his WR thing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Kam is a bust as RB. He needs to be a TE-WR-FL kind of player. He could line up in the backfield, but then be used as a blocker, because he is big, and also sneak out as a pass receiver. On occasion, you could pop him as ball carrier, if for no other reason to keep the opposition honest. But, NO east-west!! He is too slow. Quick hitters, straight-ahead will work.

I said last year our two go-to guys should have been Boston and Kam. Kam as a TE in the short to mid-range passing. Well, I'll say it again this year for Kam...he needs to be a TE-WR-FL type. We are wasting his talents.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Kam is a bust as RB. He needs to be a TE-WR-FL kind of player. He could line up in the backfield, but then be used as a blocker, because he is big, and also sneak out as a pass receiver. On occasion, you could pop him as ball carrier, if for no other reason to keep the opposition honest. But, NO east-west!! He is too slow. Quick hitters, straight-ahead will work.

I said last year our two go-to guys should have been Boston and Kam. Kam as a TE in the short to mid-range passing. Well, I'll say it again this year for Kam...he needs to be a TE-WR-FL type. We are wasting his talents.
    Our running scheme demands a really quick first step. I'm not sure he's fast enough (said the same about Craft). Not sure where he fits, but he's put his time in. Let's put him in a position to succeed.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yep, Craft was a half-step too slow. Good RB, but speed, quickness matters a lot.

Kam can best serve us, and himself, as a TE-type player. He can catch the ball, and with his running ability he will get lots of YAC. But, I don't think Holtz knows what a TE is. Need to show him some YouTube footage of great TEs, like the ones playing in the NFL today. Oh, let's see, the Patriots, only the best organization in all of football, employs a TE, Gronk. If they do it, then...

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post

- They wouldn’t throw near Amik most of the night.
    Can't blame them for that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post

I'm not everyone, but I'm hung up on it because our AD has shown a pattern of reporting MUCH higher than actual attendance in every sport. He does it to save face. He realizes he is inept and refuses to properly market what should be a BOOMING program. Back in the day, I think we stretched numbers, but not nearly to the extreme we do now.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yep, Craft was a half-step too slow. Good RB, but speed, quickness matters a lot.

Kam can best serve us, and himself, as a TE-type player. He can catch the ball, and with his running ability he will get lots of YAC. But, I don't think Holtz knows what a TE is. Need to show him some YouTube footage of great TEs, like the ones playing in the NFL today. Oh, let's see, the Patriots, only the best organization in all of football, employs a TE, Gronk. If they do it, then...
    Kam lacks overall acceleration. I agree we should look at using him in a TE capacity. We should utilize his height.

+ Reply to Thread