+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White T

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: White T

Quote Originally Posted by rascal34 View Post
    From the video I saw of coach, this looks to be the main helmet again. Do like the white T on the red helmet but wish the white helmet would remain the main one. Little disappointed.
    Not me. The white helmet is fine. In fact, I like it a lot.

But the RED helmet with the WHITE T is LA Tech!! I also think it's kinda cool that they brought back the "white T" while celebrating the 50-year anniversary of Joe Aillet Stadium. That's just cool. Remember, every one of those great Top 50 former players wore the red helmet with the white T during their day in Joe Aillet Stadium. Thus, the "White T" should be highly respected.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Nice change of pace.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Not gonna celebrate a decision to fix a bad decision. What took so long? The cost of new stickers?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just so glad it's back.

As HD said, the "white T" on that red helmet is Louisiana Tech. I don't understand why it was ever in question, and removed. "Branding" has to do with locking in on an identifiable tag line, logo, slogan...this is the same reason State Farm "Like a Good Neighbor..." and that jingle that we all can sing in our heads, has been around a gazillion years. It's why Coca Cola's logo hasn't changed from that "old script" and why Mickey D's golden arches are so recognizable.

Keep me honest y'all...but I believe The WHITE T on the helmet was the original look, designed by Joe Aillet himself back in the late 60's. Later, The University picked it up and started using it as its logo, expanding beyond just athletics. To suddenly wake up in 2013...45 years later...and go, "ugh. enough of that, let's make it consistently RED (even against a red background)" seems like something some 26-year old consultant from Boston told us to do, and we went with it.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think it Maxie Lambright that designed the state T and you are right. It was white.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I was for keeping the red helmets, like the ones worn last night, with the white "T." No matter what the uni worn, wear the red lid. But, after seeing the white lids...I like 'em. What I don't like is the red lid with a red "T." That sucks!

BUT! the team was wearing the white "T" and the logo on the 50 still had the red "T." Seems like the "T" should have been painted white for last night's game.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

The red T has been commonly used almost everywhere except the helmets. The white T was the original and is best for the red helmets. The red T does stand out against other than red backgrounds. You wouldn't want the white T on the white helmets. I actually have a dark blue polo shirt with a white state and a red T (not my favorite). I have seen some almost invisible logos this year. The silver cougar on the white helmet for Houston against Rice could not be seen on TV. It was worse than our red T on red helmets. They went back to their traditional red with white UH for yesterdays' game.

We'll probably be wearing all white at LSU.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Are we LSU's one required "have to wear their dark jersey at least once" game? That's silly. I mean, that they have to wear panurple once a year. No one cares. What, did other schools complain bitterly, not fair! they wear white at home every home game...and every road game too. So, the NCAA/SEC mandated they have to wear panurple at least once at home? Stupid.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    The White T is beautiful!!!
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, glad it is back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That rule and tradition has gone back and forth over the years. Currently they wear white for home openers, and SEC home games. For non-SEC home games (other than home opener) they wear purple. So it would be purple for approximately 5 or 6 games per year?
    Not 5 or 6. They don't play that many non-SEC home games. Maybe 3.

LSU wore white last night vs SLU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgmLUGJlv-U

As I said, I am pretty sure it is just ONCE per year. Not that they couldn't wear panurple at home every game, if they wanted to. They don't want to.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

LaTech Re: White T

Why would we ditch the white helmets?

It gives us variety required to pique the interest of recruits.

As I understand it, the CLC (collegiate licensing) required us to (finally) trademark the White T before last night happened (and apparel can be marketed). It's been in the works for months by the Prez, the AD and Skip. Thank you to all involved.

Again, as i understand it, it's for football only and red helmets only.

Maxie Lambright came up with the idea of the T-State Logo (with white T). It was formally drawn by Tech art dept. director Raymond Nichols after Coach Lambright game Nichols his napkin canvas of his idea.

Here's a history collage of the artwork. My title of this artwork is "Tech T's, Stripes and one bad usage of our Dog". I'm sure it's not complete, but it's pretty close of the samples used since 1969.

Helmets-Years-markcollage.jpg
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I like the white helmets on occasion, but the white T on the Red helmet is very nostalgic for many of us, even though the state was Columbia blue in those days. I think the state with the right blue and the red T really pops on the white helmet, and the same for the red helmet with the white T and correct blue. Those are the two helmets I prefer and the white should only be worn occasionally, the red one predominately.

Listening to the announcement though, it sounded like it would be red helmets only going forward, period. So not sure if the white is even in play.
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 09-09-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I like the white helmets on occasion, but the white T on the Red helmet is very nostalgic for many of us, even though the state was Columbia blue in those days. I think the state with the right blue and the red T really pops on the white helmet, and the same for the red helmet with the white T and correct blue. Those are the two helmets I prefer and the white should only be worn occasionally, the red one predominately.

Listening to the announcement though, it sounded like it would be red helmets only going forward, period. So not sue if the white is even in play.
    I did not get that message from the announcement at all. I just took it to mean the red T on red helmets is dead.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

The blue outline around the top of the white "T" is a nice accent that sets off the logo. I really like it! And I like the red "T" logo on the white helmet. IMO, the best, most attractive logos in all of college sports!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post

Listening to the announcement though, it sounded like it would be red helmets only going forward, period. So not sue if the white is even in play.
    White was used in Mobile, so...why get all the necessary white helmet$ repaired/reconditioned in the off season and then not use them the whole season as needed?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread