+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clay Helton

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Clay Helton

May not be worth a thread but I was just watching Game Day and they were doing an article on Clay Helton. At the end they mentioned he was son of Kim Helton. Yes, former coach at Houston who was fired because he only went 7-5. We actually beat a team coached by him in the first game they played on campus instead of the Dome.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Clay Helton

LA Tech beat Kim Helton's 1-10 University of Houston team 32-7, in 1994, in Joe Aillet Stadium, in Ruston. We beat them again in 1995, 19-7, in Houston, in the game you are referring to. (although Wikipedia has the win attributed to USL instead of LA Tech)

http://www.winsipedia.com/games/loui...ech/vs/houston

Here's the link attributing LA Tech's 1995 win to "Southwestern Louisiana", a/k/a USL/ULL/Lafayette:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_H..._football_team

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

As I noted above we also beat a Kim Helton team in Houston at Robertson Stadium. The Tech yearly schedule says we beat them 19-7 in 1995 in the Astrodome with attendance of about 20,000. I believe the site is mistaken and it was actually on campus. I went to one early game there before that we won and it was before they expanded the old stadium which has since been torn down. I went later after the renovation and we won. I believe Dana Dimmel was coach -- the coach right before Sumlin. It might not have been Dimmel.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    As I noted above we also beat a Kim Helton team in Houston at Robertson Stadium. The Tech yearly schedule says we beat them 19-7 in 1995 in the Astrodome with attendance of about 20,000. I believe the site is mistaken and it was actually on campus.
    You are correct, it was at Robertson Stadium on campus. I attended and wrote that score in white shoe polish on my car windows. I got flipped off about 3 times on the drive back to Dallas! lol Each time I just pointed to the score on the glass and waved.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LA Tech beat Kim Helton's 1-10 University of Houston team 32-7, in 1994, in Joe Aillet Stadium, in Ruston. We beat them again in 1995, 19-7, in Houston, in the game you are referring to. (although Wikipedia has the win attribute to USL instead of LA Tech)

http://www.winsipedia.com/games/loui...ech/vs/houston

Here's the link attributing LA Tech's 1995 win to "Southwestern Louisiana", a/k/a USL/ULL/Lafayette:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_H..._football_team
    I updated the 1995 win on wikipedia to show Tech won instead of USL.

+ Reply to Thread