+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Plan for LSU

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Game Plan for LSU

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I'm hoping to see this play again:

we shoulda won that game :-(

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

That might actually be one good way to use McKnight.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Game plan for Looseyou?
    1. Make it to chigger stadium.
    2. Have Denny speak, again.
    3. Go out there and play like real BULLDOGS!

You're welcome

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Play to actually win the game from the opening whistle to the final play. Don't just hope that we end up getting a win by some good fortune or that the football Gods want us to, because that's not happening at LSU, not with their players, their fans and their refs. Don't think for a minute that the refs won't deal LSU some breaks if at all possible, because they absolutely will. Nothing helps a refs future than being in good favor with an SEC team.

I tend to think Holtz's lack of intensity throttles down the team too much in big games. For once I'd like to see him pushing his team forward, giving the refs hell when they deserve it, to essentially represent the team so that the team feels inspired to represent him and thereby us (LaTech).

This game is winnable but only IF Tech shows up to play them head to head and to not be denied. I'm going to be very disappointed if it looks like we've showed up with our heads in our assess and our hearts in our back pockets.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

All I want to see in this game are Holtz's balls.

[pause for Champ]

I don't ultimately care if we win. What I want is for Holtz to try to win. Not sit back and take a beating.

But history does not bode well for that.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

That is what I want to see. Just fight from the first kickoff to the last second.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

The ref thing is overrated. Let’s go play ball. And skip definitely doesn’t say supper. Lol

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I don't think the motivational speech will matter much either way. It will be interesting to see how we compete and execute. I suppose we'll prepare to counteract their tendencies and exploit their weaknesses. The rest is just football.
    Honestly, I’ll just be happy if this isn’t a repeat of last year’s Mississippi State game. What a disaster that was...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Honestly, I’ll just be happy if this isn’t a repeat of last year’s Mississippi State game. What a disaster that was...
    Amen. ESPN commentators & broadcasters are still laughing about it. They ran the "87-yard loss" clip on GAMEDAY again last Saturday.

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    The ref thing is overrated. Let’s go play ball. And skip definitely doesn’t say supper. Lol

The ref thing is not overrated. Anybody that went to the Arkansas games in Little Rock in 1996 and 1997 can vouch for that! That was slow death by zebra!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I know how we Tech can win this game ...

Play nlu instead.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Amen. ESPN commentators & broadcasters are still laughing about it. They ran the "87-yard loss" clip on GAMEDAY again last Saturday.
    being a different type person I laugh and point out that Miss State had most of their team surrounding the ball all the way down and yet ONE la Tech player shoved them aside and recovered the ball --how the heck did Miss State not recover-- I point that out to folks and explain one Bulldog had the heart to beat 7-9 opponents... then I drift off to beating Ol miss and Alabama twice on the road

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech79 View Post
    The ref thing is not overrated. Anybody that went to the Arkansas games in Little Rock in 1996 and 1997 can vouch for that! That was slow death by zebra!
    Bill Clinton was sitting on 50 yard line ( Arkansas grad) and 22 years later I still blame that

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    being a different type person I laugh and point out that Miss State had most of their team surrounding the ball all the way down and yet ONE la Tech player shoved them aside and recovered the ball --how the heck did Miss State not recover-- I point that out to folks and explain one Bulldog had the heart to beat 7-9 opponents... then I drift off to beating Ol miss and Alabama twice on the road
    Because, as one MSU player later bragged to ESPN, they were intentionally kicking the ball downfield (illegal) in order to make a touchdown more likely.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Heck, J. Smith had ample opportunity to recover the ball when it first happened, but he bungled that, and we were off to the races!

Even if we scored a TD on that drive, it wouldn't have changed anything. We were already hopelessly buried. So, in a posterity kind of way, this was a good play for us. There is no bad PR, they say. No one would have cared, even one iota, if we had scored and made the final score closer, and no one would have even remembered that game. But! Tech Football is famous....or infamous! for this play. Embrace it.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D&&FORM=VRDGAR

Good hustle by Powell. If you want to blame someone for this embarrassment, it's all on the QB, Smith.

+ Reply to Thread