+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Plan for LSU

Hybrid View

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Game Plan for LSU

​Realistically, how does this coaching staff prepare a game plan and practice for LSU? I'm having a hard time with even coming up with a motivational speech.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Game Plan for LSU

Tech cannot have any turnovers. Must be successful on 1st down, 2nd/3rd and long is a recipe for disaster. Receivers have to be able to separate from press coverage.

LSU does not turn the ball over - only 8 all of last year and none through 2 games this year. Have to put pressure on their QB.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Need to be +2 on TO’s
    At least one BIG special teams play ( return, block, successful fake)
    #45 needs to play the game of his life.
    Try to figure out how to run enough to keep them honest

The last one will be the hardest.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

“Okay, so I paid off the Raisin’ Canes guy. He is going to dump the polyethylene glycol in the tray of chicken the tiggers are eating during pregame. And we smeared Gorilla Glue in all their girdles so they can’t get them off to relieve themselves.”

Maybe we can keep it close.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the motivational speech will matter much either way. It will be interesting to see how we compete and execute. I suppose we'll prepare to counteract their tendencies and exploit their weaknesses. The rest is just football.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I don't think the motivational speech will matter much either way. It will be interesting to see how we compete and execute. I suppose we'll prepare to counteract their tendencies and exploit their weaknesses. The rest is just football.
    Honestly, I’ll just be happy if this isn’t a repeat of last year’s Mississippi State game. What a disaster that was...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Honestly, I’ll just be happy if this isn’t a repeat of last year’s Mississippi State game. What a disaster that was...
    Amen. ESPN commentators & broadcasters are still laughing about it. They ran the "87-yard loss" clip on GAMEDAY again last Saturday.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Amen. ESPN commentators & broadcasters are still laughing about it. They ran the "87-yard loss" clip on GAMEDAY again last Saturday.
    being a different type person I laugh and point out that Miss State had most of their team surrounding the ball all the way down and yet ONE la Tech player shoved them aside and recovered the ball --how the heck did Miss State not recover-- I point that out to folks and explain one Bulldog had the heart to beat 7-9 opponents... then I drift off to beating Ol miss and Alabama twice on the road

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    being a different type person I laugh and point out that Miss State had most of their team surrounding the ball all the way down and yet ONE la Tech player shoved them aside and recovered the ball --how the heck did Miss State not recover-- I point that out to folks and explain one Bulldog had the heart to beat 7-9 opponents... then I drift off to beating Ol miss and Alabama twice on the road
    Because, as one MSU player later bragged to ESPN, they were intentionally kicking the ball downfield (illegal) in order to make a touchdown more likely.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Might as well go back to 1904.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the first few series of their last game.

We MUST WEATHER the storm their d line will bring at the beginning of the game. If we can somehow do that we may be able to find some success. They absolutely smothered the southeastern offense early in the game

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Don’t turn the ball over. If the Defense is up to the task, LSU isn’t special on offense (so far) most of their scoring last week came with short field I believe.

This plays into Special Teams. No shanking punts, we need good coverage for those that are fielded.

Stay on offense as long as possible, keep our defense as fresh as we can for the full game. I think we will have the capability to move the ball on occasion, they aren’t perfect. We have to take advantage of any chance we are given. Oh! And Most importantly: Score!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We tie their shoelaces together...

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We tie their shoelaces together...
    Now this sounds like a fresh approach. So much better than the boilerplate, coach-speak everyone else is babbling about. They are just repeating common sense garbage they have heard coaches speak about in interviews. But your idea, this is something fresh. Let's tie their strings in knots though, that way it will take them longer to untie them. I figure it will be the midway through the third quarter before the Tigers figure out what has happened, until then they will be thinking these Bulldogs keep knocking us on our butts. At that point they will have to untie the knot and find an adult to re-tie their shoes, as most Tiger football players have not learned to tie their own shoes yet. Once they all get their shoes tied correctly it should be the middle of the fourth quarter and we will have a comfortable lead. Now all we have to do is, "run the ball and control the clock."

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Now this sounds like a fresh approach. So much better than the boilerplate, coach-speak everyone else is babbling about. They are just repeating common sense garbage they have heard coaches speak about in interviews. But your idea, this is something fresh. Let's tie their strings in knots though, that way it will take them longer to untie them. I figure it will be the midway through the third quarter before the Tigers figure out what has happened, until then they will be thinking these Bulldogs keep knocking us on our butts. At that point they will have to untie the knot and find an adult to re-tie their shoes, as most Tiger football players have not learned to tie their own shoes yet. Once they all get their shoes tied correctly it should be the middle of the fourth quarter and we will have a comfortable lead. Now all we have to do is, "run the ball and control the clock."
    I guess you have not paid close attention since Ed-O got there and began recruiting/coaching......most players now have those velcro straps on their shoes instead of laces...
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 09-11-2018 at 09:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread