+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Plan for LSU

Puppy Snaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the rough

Re: Game Plan for LSU

I think SELA provide the template for defense, stunt and blitz. LSU Oline looks suspect. I think we can move the ball on their D, just need to mix it up to keep them honest and don't lock on to receivers. What I saw in the little of the SELA I watched, they look beatable.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

So far LSU has been VERY average offensively, perhaps even below avg.
    #1 - We dont need to make them ABOVE avg by playing swiss cheese defense. The worst case scenario is for our defense to allow LSU to rush for 250+ yds. Preferrably we need to limit their rushing attack to 150 yds and make them throw the ball to beat us. So far I have not been overly impressed with our run defense though our #s are pretty good, I think if USA had used the same run option attack in the first half as they did so well in the 2nd half we would have lost that game. I dont count our stats against Southern as relevant when compared to the challenge of playing against LSU.

#2 - LSUs d-line cannot own our o-line. Our O-line must hold its own against the LSU front 6 if we are to have any success offensively.

#3 - Can't give away field position on special teams. Make LSU drive most of the field to score.

#4 - Can't lose the turnover battle. Some coaches think this is the most important stat in football. IT IS in the NFL but in college you can still win at -1 or -2 but on the road against LSU we need to be at least neutral and anything to the plus side we need to take full advantage

#5 - I think we must be north of 24 points to be in this game. Of course losing 56-28 is not what I have in mind.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

As long as we actually compete I will be happy. We showed up in 2003 and absolutely were completely unprepared to play the game. Granted lsu won a NC that year and were very good but for us to show up and not even compete was heartbreaking. We have to be prepared to walk out and play our hearts out every snap. No plays off. Protect the football, find a way to run (Dancy) and get lucky enough to win the turnover battle. Are we outmatched? Hell yeah but if we can come out and smack them in the mouth and then do it again and again we have a chance. If we have deer in the headlights syndrome (i.e. Miss St. game last year) we will get skull dragged.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Our history with P5 regular season games under Holtz is not in our favor. Add to that the fact that lsu is fielding one of their best teams (defense especially) in a long time and it is going to be an uphill climb.
    The good news is, LSU is only allowed to play 11 of 'em at a time, just like us. Unless you count the zebras, of course.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I watched the Southeastern game, all is not lost . If special teams don't give them easy points we can be close .

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We tie their shoelaces together...
    Now this sounds like a fresh approach. So much better than the boilerplate, coach-speak everyone else is babbling about. They are just repeating common sense garbage they have heard coaches speak about in interviews. But your idea, this is something fresh. Let's tie their strings in knots though, that way it will take them longer to untie them. I figure it will be the midway through the third quarter before the Tigers figure out what has happened, until then they will be thinking these Bulldogs keep knocking us on our butts. At that point they will have to untie the knot and find an adult to re-tie their shoes, as most Tiger football players have not learned to tie their own shoes yet. Once they all get their shoes tied correctly it should be the middle of the fourth quarter and we will have a comfortable lead. Now all we have to do is, "run the ball and control the clock."

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What...…..??? Did you say defense is boring?

May you sleep under a camel who has post-nasal drip!

Defense is beautiful, man! Defense is pure! Defense is righteous!

Defense is about...defending your turf. You're minding your own business and here come these offensive....see OFFENSIVE!, who likes offensive people? Nobody! Here come these offensive dudes trying to invade your end zone! Say what!? No way! not MY end zone you don't! You want me on that wall! You need me on that wall!

I need to go lay down..."defense is boring", he says. What has this world come to?
    I can't remember which coach said it; but, he said it is DEFENSE that wins games and it is Offense that determines by how much.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Now this sounds like a fresh approach. So much better than the boilerplate, coach-speak everyone else is babbling about. They are just repeating common sense garbage they have heard coaches speak about in interviews. But your idea, this is something fresh. Let's tie their strings in knots though, that way it will take them longer to untie them. I figure it will be the midway through the third quarter before the Tigers figure out what has happened, until then they will be thinking these Bulldogs keep knocking us on our butts. At that point they will have to untie the knot and find an adult to re-tie their shoes, as most Tiger football players have not learned to tie their own shoes yet. Once they all get their shoes tied correctly it should be the middle of the fourth quarter and we will have a comfortable lead. Now all we have to do is, "run the ball and control the clock."
    I guess you have not paid close attention since Ed-O got there and began recruiting/coaching......most players now have those velcro straps on their shoes instead of laces...
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 09-11-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

Special teams is where I am scared we could get killed. Don't have the athletic depth they have. I think our defense is fine. Our offensive line has not shown consistency. If they give J'Mar time our receivers could hurt LSU but I am afraid he will be running for his life. Need a couple of breaks to go our way and force them to press a little.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I guess you have not paid close attention since Ed-O got there and began recruiting/coaching......most players now have those velcro straps on their shoes instead of laces...
    Aha, my good man, not sure how I overlooked something so obvious.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    That would be the ones who aren’t wearing tube socks with sandals.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

my hope is we stay healthy-- play a competitive game - then win out our division -beat Fla Atlantic for title and win our 5th straight bowl game . that's 13-1 and if you not happy with that you living in dream world.

Beating LSU would be cool but I am not going to whine if we do not--- My street has 4 LSU flags and some goofy ass Tiger Balloon
    I am it --I have Tech flag- concrete Tech Dog and Tech sign-- I am die hard dog and always be one-- but a realist--beating Alabama ( twice) Mississippi ( last time( etc would pale in comparison to beating LSU -- impossible to explain how excited I would be -- like beating them in basketball year after Malone left--I was there and drove back with 2 LSU fans --13-1 Title/Bowl will make me very happy

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I'm hoping to see this play again:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I'm hoping to see this play again:

The thing that surprised me most about that play was the CROWD NOISE when Tech scored. It was really loud!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

HCSH game plan:

travel to BR Friday morning, walkthrough, supper, team meeting, sleep, breakfast, position meetings, lunch, nap, afternoon snack / meal, warmups, show up at game time.....like lamb to slaughter....wade through game....pray for no injuries....shower up, bus back to ruston.

Let our AD collect the check and boast about "record" accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    ​Realistically, how does this coaching staff prepare a game plan and practice for LSU? I'm having a hard time with even coming up with a motivational speech.

+ Reply to Thread