+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Plan for LSU

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Game Plan for LSU

For one, dont hang off their receivers. They live with penalties. Make them die by them.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

The dust didn't even settle at Jordan-Hare Stadium before some of the purple and yella fans started with, "Boy, the LaTech game could be the trap game of the century. I sure hope 'we' don't over look them prepping for Ole Miss."

Translation: "We" should annihilate Louisiana Tech, but in the very unlikely event we get beaten by them, it's because we were preparing for Ole Miss.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    The dust didn't even settle at Jordan-Hare Stadium before some of the purple and yella fans started with, "Boy, the LaTech game could be the trap game of the century. I sure hope 'we' don't over look them prepping for Ole Miss."

Translation: "We" should annihilate Louisiana Tech, but in the very unlikely event we get beaten by them, it's because we were preparing for Ole Miss.
    I will just post what I wrote on the Game 3 thread:

LSU is not going to look ahead to Ole Miss. I watched the game today and while both teams made some mistakes LSU kept a level head and never quit. Burrows will not be the leading QB in the SEC but he is better than what they had and good enough. Everytime I see Orgeron on the sideline he seems to be laser focused. You can make fun of the way he talks, the way he looks, his past and all of the issues they have had with personnel and coaches but I think he has them on the right track. They fight. We don't fight, we just show up like we have an appointment with a client we really don't want to see.

Last week during the Bulldog walk it was great to see so many of the past players make the walk with the team. Everyone of them seem to have a big smile on their face. The problem is that I think half of our team doesn't make the walk. Hardly any of the assistant coaches do and I probably missed him but I don't think I saw Coach Holtz during the walk. I did see the newly promoted Assistant AD walk in but of course he was looking at his phone the entire time - wonder he didn't walk head on into tailgate tent.

I usually don't make big dramatic prognistications but the next two weeks will make or break our season and our team. If this team fights like their life depends on it and leaves everything on the field - win or lose we will be ok. If they just keep "showing up", we are done. I base this upon watching this team all of last season and our first two games this year. I have developed my own saying in life and it's "what I am looking at in front of me, really is what I am looking at in front of me!"

There is talent although I am beginning to seriously question the developement of the talent and I want to believe they care, but deep down I'm not sure.

What we will see in front of us the next two weeks really is what we have. They had a great talk of who that should be from Denny Duron. They have got to decide that Bulldogs is what they want to be and these coaches better do the same. For the love of God just FIGHT!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Regarding the "Game Plan" question, I think J'mar is going to have to do what he's most uncomfortable doing: Throw to the MIDDLE of the field more, and RUN the "QB keeper" himself. This includes throwing the infamous 10-15 yd "crossing routes", screens and slant passes over the middle, and yes, throwing the deep ball. I know J'Mar hates to use the middle of the field (he didn't throw a single pass to the middle of the field in one of his two recent games this year).

The quickest way for LA Tech to get down 40-0 to the Tigers is for us to game plan thinking we can beat them on the corners, or with those little "dink, dink", short, lateral, sideline passes and screen passes BEHIND the line of scrimmage. LSU's defense is just too fast or for that. We can't play offense behind the line of scrimmage, and expect to beat LSU. You're NOT going to beat them on the edge, you're going to have to be them horizontally, down field. We have to go straight at them more often. It's like a boxer who has a "reach disadvantage"....he has to go inside, much closer to his opponent, to offset his reach disadvantage. J'Mar is also going to have to RUN more often in this game too. Neither of these scenarios bodes well for us.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Bama is simply steamrolling everyone! R U kidding me!? 62-7 over Ole Miss! Not taking prisoners, either.

So, it's doubtful LSU views Ole Miss as any particularly difficult challenge. Yeah, it's an SEC foe and an old rival, so they won't overlook 'em. But it would have helped our cause, a little, if Ole Miss would've at least given Bama some of kind of game. Given LSU something to think about, anyway.

As it is, we are no "trap" game for them. They will prepare for us, and not worry too much about crappy, defenseless, Ole Miss.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Regarding the "Game Plan" question, I think J'mar is going to have to do what he HATES most: Throw to the CENTER of the field more. This includes the infamous "crossing routes" and screens over the middle, and yes, the deep ball. I know J'Mar hates to use the middle of the field (he didn't throw a single pass to the middle of the field in one of his two recent games this year), regardless if we have an army of receivers open there or not.

The quickest way for LA Tech to get down 40-0 to the Tigers is for us to continue thinking we can beat them on the corners, or with those little "dink, dink", short, lateral, sideline passes and screen passes BEHIND the line of scrimmage. LSU's defense is just too fast or that. WE CANNOT PLAY OFFENSE BEHIND the line of scrimmage, and beat LSU. You're NOT going to beat them on the edge, you're going to have to be them horizontally, down field. And J'Mar is going to have to RUN more often in this game too. Neither of these scenarios bodes well for us.
    "infamous crossing routes"? They are a thing of beauty, and any defender's nightmare when properly schemed and executed.

Ummm...the problem with said crossing routes is it takes them longer to develop. And! you need a QB who knows how to go thru progressions, and step up into the pocket. We don't have such a QB, and I doubt our OL can consistently provide the time anyway. We need Drew Brees...and a stout OL!

I was right, they are not worrying about Ole Miss one bit. Their whole focus now is on November 3 vs. Bama! The whole month of October is a "trap" game for them!

Actually, to be fair and honest, since 'cept for our lib friends on the political forum, we only post the truth on BB&B. There are just a couple of fans on their board already proclaiming the Bama game as a pending #1 vs #2, battle of the unbeatens. Other LSU fans are urging them "to pump the brakes." As Pawdawg admonishes us...you have to focus on that next game.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

They are already looking ahead to Georgia and Bama. Ive seen the “What if we are 6-0 going into the...” threads on Tiger Rant.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Regarding the "Game Plan" question, I think J'mar is going to have to do what he's most uncomfortable doing: Throw to the MIDDLE of the field more, and RUN the "QB keeper" himself. This includes throwing the infamous 10-15 yd "crossing routes", screens and slant passes over the middle, and yes, throwing the deep ball. I know J'Mar hates to use the middle of the field (he didn't throw a single pass to the middle of the field in one of his two recent games this year).

The quickest way for LA Tech to get down 40-0 to the Tigers is for us to game plan thinking we can beat them on the corners, or with those little "dink, dink", short, lateral, sideline passes and screen passes BEHIND the line of scrimmage. LSU's defense is just too fast or for that. We can't play offense behind the line of scrimmage, and expect to beat LSU. You're NOT going to beat them on the edge, you're going to have to be them horizontally, down field. We have to go straight at them more often. It's like a boxer who has a "reach disadvantage"....he has to go inside, much closer to his opponent, to offset his reach disadvantage. J'Mar is also going to have to RUN more often in this game too. Neither of these scenarios bodes well for us.
    You are exactly right about using the middle of the field. I just wonder how much of the issue is Smith vs. our micro-managing play “not to lose” head coach. I also think running plays have to be quick hitters. Anything that takes time to develop will get blown up.

BTW, I thought it was interesting the tv announcers were complimenting the NT special teams coach in the AR game.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Our MO has been to start out strong the first half, then melt away in the 2nd half. The OL and DL had better be ready to compete for an entire game vs SEC OL and DL/LB players. We looked just dreadful in pass protection at S. Alabama and good vs SWAC team Southern.

That #90 Lawrence DL for LSU, what a load! He shoved two Auburn OLs onto their butts and got to the QB [snaps fingers] like that! He's out of Monroe. The NFL is already tracking that kid. Reminds me of Miami's Wilfork we played against. HUGE...but quick!

That White kid, D. White, is unreal. Another who could get on a plane and play somewhere TODAY! (Saints could use him, actually). And although he chose to be a tigger, happy to see former Rummel Raider Kristan Fulton is a starting CB. He is nicked up.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Yep, Lawrence is a MONSTER DL out of Monroe Neville. Devin White is a stud LB from Springhill, LA in N. Louisiana. As we all know, these kids grow up inundated daily with "You gotta play for LSU or Alabama, Arkansas,...". Yes this is an LSU homer, but look at DD's list of where Louisiana's top players signed last year. http://www.dandydon.com/la_football_....php?year=2018.

Anytime we get one of Louisiana's Top 25 signed it is a 'major recruiting coup' for us- ala 5'-9" Amik. That's why the coaches have looked to Texas and elsewhere to find great talent.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

LSU will exert their dominance by running the ball and controlling the game. Our D is gonna give you 20-20 yardage becuz we are not strong against the run & we give up too many short to mid passes. However unlike our first two opponents LSUs ability to run the ball will convert red zone points.
    IF our O-line plays well we will stay in this game - if LSUs front 6 has their way we might manufacture a few pts
    Based on history, what I’ve seen from both teams thus far, I think LSU wins comfortably. Remember JMars only claim to fame is a pretty good game against a below avg Ark team.
    A game we still found a way to lose. LSU is MUCH better than Ark.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    ​Realistically, how does this coaching staff prepare a game plan and practice for LSU? I'm having a hard time with even coming up with a motivational speech.
    Pretty simple. "Bulldogs we can shock the nation tonight. All we need to do is go out and spank the backside of the number 6 team in the country. They are overrated, while we are being overlooked. Win tonight and you will never be forgotten or overlooked again!"

HBTD!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    LSU will exert their dominance by running the ball and controlling the game. Our D is gonna give you 20-20 yardage becuz we are not strong against the run & we give up too many short to mid passes. However unlike our first two opponents LSUs ability to run the ball will convert red zone points.
    IF our O-line plays well we will stay in this game - if LSUs front 6 has their way we might manufacture a few pts
    Based on history, what I’ve seen from both teams thus far, I think LSU wins comfortably. Remember JMars only claim to fame is a pretty good game against a below avg Ark team.
    A game we still found a way to lose. LSU is MUCH better than Ark.
    IMO, that's the one thing we are NOT sure of. We've been repeatedly told by the media and LA Tech fans living in Louisiana that LSU is good. But I'm sure UNT was told the same thing about Arkansas prior to yesterday.

Beating a poor Miami team by only 16 points, and whipping an FCS team (SE LA) by 31 points at home, doesn't necessarily mean LSU is "good". Sure, the win over Auburn APPEARS to be huge right now, but it was only by 1 point. Frankly, I thought that game was boring. Good lord, Auburn only put up 354 yds of offense, and LSU 363. So, we're still not even sure how good Auburn is this year. What we do know is, to date, Auburn has beaten Washington at home by 4 points, steamrolled a Div II Alabama State 62-9, and lost to LSU.

We may find out that neither LSU or Auburn are truly worthy of their preseason billing. I prefer to wait and see what happens on the field this Saturday before crowning LSU king.

+ Reply to Thread