+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Game Plan for LSU

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Game Plan for LSU

Preseason rankings make a lot of wins look good, until the end of the season.

And even then they are used as leverage “Oh we beat two top 10 teams!”
    But by November one is ranked in the 20s and the other is unranked now.

Turnovers will be key, they havent driven the field very well these first few weeks, their offense has benefitted from short field or a big play (HM before half against SELA).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    LSU will exert their dominance by running the ball and controlling the game. Our D is gonna give you 20-20 yardage becuz we are not strong against the run & we give up too many short to mid passes. However unlike our first two opponents LSUs ability to run the ball will convert red zone points.
    LSU only had 157 yards rushing yesterday on 39 attempts. That's a 4-yard average per rush. While that's okay, it's certainly not blowing the barn doors off.

Against Auburn, LSU ran the ball 39 times and passed only 25. That's essentially a 60-40 run to pass ratio. I like those odds better for our team than if they were reversed.

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    I will just post what I wrote on the Game 3 thread:

LSU is not going to look ahead to Ole Miss. I watched the game today and while both teams made some mistakes LSU kept a level head and never quit. Burrows will not be the leading QB in the SEC but he is better than what they had and good enough. Everytime I see Orgeron on the sideline he seems to be laser focused. You can make fun of the way he talks, the way he looks, his past and all of the issues they have had with personnel and coaches but I think he has them on the right track. They fight. We don't fight, we just show up like we have an appointment with a client we really don't want to see.

Last week during the Bulldog walk it was great to see so many of the past players make the walk with the team. Everyone of them seem to have a big smile on their face. The problem is that I think half of our team doesn't make the walk. Hardly any of the assistant coaches do and I probably missed him but I don't think I saw Coach Holtz during the walk. I did see the newly promoted Assistant AD walk in but of course he was looking at his phone the entire time - wonder he didn't walk head on into tailgate tent.

I usually don't make big dramatic prognistications but the next two weeks will make or break our season and our team. If this team fights like their life depends on it and leaves everything on the field - win or lose we will be ok. If they just keep "showing up", we are done. I base this upon watching this team all of last season and our first two games this year. I have developed my own saying in life and it's "what I am looking at in front of me, really is what I am looking at in front of me!"

There is talent although I am beginning to seriously question the developement of the talent and I want to believe they care, but deep down I'm not sure.

What we will see in front of us the next two weeks really is what we have. They had a great talk of who that should be from Denny Duron. They have got to decide that Bulldogs is what they want to be and these coaches better do the same. For the love of God just FIGHT!
    I sort of disagree. One thing SEC teams are notorious of (especially LSU) is playing vanilla against teams they feel are subpar before a big conference game. I predict that Tech defense have one of their best defensive performances.....Tech offense not so much. Delpit is a beast!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Didja hear the elessewe color guy mention in their wrapup that LATech is not just another Louisiana team/program.

"They're much better than your Southeasterns."
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Didja hear the elessewe color guy mention in their wrapup that LATech is not just another Louisiana team/program.

"They're much better than your Southeasterns."
    They mentioned at the half that “Louisiana Tech is a quality opponent with good athletes”.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Keep it close.

No injuries.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Keep it close.

No injuries.
    Wow, are you Skip?

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I believe Tech has the athletes to win this game if they’ll each just take their respective turns making the average expected play... block, tackle, run, throw, catch...

IMO Tech’s reoccuring greatest weakness is their coaching.
    #1 they better have solved the confusion of how to field kickoffs. I’m of the opinion you faircatch every kickoff, anything short of a 25 yard line start is just numbskull stupid.
    #2 play aggressive D on 3rd down, attack the QB, play head up man-to-man in coverage.
    #3 which is probably already too late, don’t coach the team down, don’t instill in them that this isn’t a big game for Tech. It is exactly that!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I believe Tech has the athletes to win this game if they’ll each just take their respective turns making the average expected play... block, tackle, run, throw, catch...

IMO Tech’s reoccuring greatest weakness is their coaching.
    #1 they better have solved the confusion of how to field kickoffs. I’m of the opinion you faircatch every kickoff, anything short of a 25 yard line start is just numbskull stupid.
    #2 play aggressive D on 3rd down, attack the QB, play head up man-to-man in coverage.
    #3 which is probably already too late, don’t coach the team down, don’t instill in them that this isn’t a big game for Tech. It is exactly that!
    I don’t think the Coach can instill such a thought into their mind for this game. Its LSU, they are ranked in the Top 10. There is no doubt our boys want this.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Since Precious got here, I have felt like we have the talent to play with many of the big boys. I don’t feel any differ t this year about the talent. Still waiting for Skip to shoe me something. I will continue to give our athletes a pass for the most part until I see Holtz throw everything but the kitchen sink at one of these P5’s.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Since Precious got here, I have felt like we have the talent to play with many of the big boys. I don’t feel any differ t this year about the talent. Still waiting for Skip to shoe me something. I will continue to give our athletes a pass for the most part until I see Holtz throw everything but the kitchen sink at one of these P5’s.
    We have the talent to go toe to toe with LA State for the most part. The only thing I'm concerned about is our TEAM LEADERSHIP. I still don't know who our team leaders are, and it takes strong team leaders to lead a team like ours to a victory over a P5 school, especially one like LA State.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    We have the talent to go toe to toe with LA State for the most part. The only thing I'm concerned about is our TEAM LEADERSHIP. I still don't know who our team leaders are, and it takes strong team leaders to lead a team like ours to a victory over a P5 school, especially one like LA State.
    Leadership often takes on the personality of the coach. I have little doubt that most of our guys will be excellent contributors to society. I have my doubts about their competitive edge for sure.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Keep it close.

No injuries.

Wow, are you Skip?

Exactly what I thought when I saw that post!

FIGHT!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Hah! they lifted my post about "tie their shoelaces together." Well, they can smirk about it all they want, but it would work.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

BTW one of them posted something to the effect, "that's why I don't visit opposing teams' boards anymore, makes me appreciate what we have." Oh? I beg to differ. The BB&B is an awesome forum! We have it all here! Sports, politics, a little history, politics, music and other arts!, politics, more sports, politics...

+ Reply to Thread