When things happen, those that rise to the level of a world-changing event, people at the time deal with the immediate ramifications and do the best they can. It's only later that such events are forever captured in the pages of history books, and later generations marvel at how people were able to cope, to overcome. When we actually live through such an event it becomes a part of who we are. And it's why everyone remembers vividly what they were doing that fateful day.

Our world changed forever on September 11, 2001. We take mundane things like tight airport security for granted now, but it wasn't always that way. Just one example.

As most of you know I love history. I read it, study it, relish in it daily. We tend to not think of ourselves as being part of history. Well...that's because we are alive and plan to stay that way for a while longer! But 33 years from now, people will be remembering the 50th anniversary of "9/11." I plan on still being around to see it, but then there will be a 75th anniversary and at some point, it will be relegated to the pages of history.

"Remember The Alamo"
"Remember Pearl Harbor"
"Remember Nine Eleven"

So, where were you?