+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 3

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Week 3

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ragoo View Post
    This LSU close emotional win is the best case scenario for us. They will be patting backs for a few days and will be looking past us for sure, that’s how upsets happen. I’m not saying we can pull one off, but I’ve been part of several playing at Tech and dozens as a coach, so I just have a better than average feeling about this one. Plus, after some of these crazy upsets today, wtf not? Let’s go Dawgs!!
    That game was UGLY. Lots of penalties and the turnovers helped make as many scores as there were in this game, and there werent many. I think** both teams even missed a FG.

Puppy Big Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Big Ragoo's Avatar

Yep ugly game, just saying if they lose, every person in the facility is super pissed and out for blood the next week, so I will take this outcome fo sho in my experience.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I didn’t think it was an ugly game. Burrow struggled but the throws he made in the comeback were incredible.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I could not believe the refs did not blow the return
    dead. In our games with Arkansas they would have, and we probably would not have even gotten a “sorry.”
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I couldn't believe it worked. But it did.

This game (UNT vs Ark) has gotten very difficult to watch. UNT just fumbled the ball away on the Hog 7-yd line. It's like both team are just going thru the motions in the 2nd half. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones' grandson is QBing Arkansas now. I think the announcers just said he's the 5th Hog QB today to take a snap.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The cowbell arms are getting a workout as Miss State is up 21-3 in the first half against some team calling themselves “Louisiana.”
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

UNT 44 Ark 17 Final

They've had three blowout wins, and have no more P5s on their schedule. To even be considered for the G5 slot in the NY6 they will have to go 12-0, and get help. Right now USF, with wins over Ga Tech and Illinois, and UCF, have the inside track. They play each other. FAU was eliminated out of the gate with their huge loss to OK. A close loss, and a final 12-1 record might have done it. But, not now. Houston is still alive, barely, even with their loss to Tex Tech today, but they have to run the table now. Boazy is out too.

I know what you're thinking....what about Tech!? Yep! we are mathematically alive. At 2-0 and road games at ranked LSU and Moo State, if we go 12-0, then yeah baby! we're in the mix for sure. So, big game this week...to say the least.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I could not believe the refs did not blow the return
    dead. In our games with Arkansas they would have, and we probably would not have even gotten a “sorry.”
    The UNT coach alerted the refs to the play beforehand. Smart.

Are we that smart?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The UNT coach alerted the refs to the play beforehand. Smart.

Are we that smart?
    No.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    UNT 44 Ark 17 Final

They've had three blowout wins, and have no more P5s on their schedule. To even be considered for the G5 slot in the NY6 they will have to go 12-0, and get help. Right now USF, with wins over Ga Tech and Illinois, and UCF, have the inside track. They play each other. FAU was eliminated out of the gate with their huge loss to OK. A close loss, and a final 12-1 record might have done it. But, not now. Houston is still alive, barely, even with their loss to Tex Tech today, but they have to run the table now.

I know what you're thinking....what about Tech!? Yep! we are mathematically alive. At 2-0 and road games at ranked LSU and Moo State, if we go 12-0, then yeah baby! we're in the mix for sure. So, big game this week...to say the least.
    Arkansas looking at an ugly season.

How about Skip to Fayetteville? That would be his dream job. He could hire D65 for his personal public relations assistant. Maybe Holtz could get America’s best S&C coach to go with him. A lot of good fishing up there.

Then let’s go get the NT or Troy HC.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure we have to worry about lsu looking ahead to Mississippi. They are getting embarrassed.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Not sure we have to worry about lsu looking ahead to Mississippi. They are getting embarrassed.
    Bama embarrasses everyone.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    LSU is not going to look ahead to Ole Miss. I watched the game today and while both teams made some mistakes LSU kept a level head and never quit. Burrows will not be the leading QB in the SEC but he is better than what they had and good enough. Everytime I see Orgeron on the sideline he seems to be laser focused. You can make fun of the way he talks, the way he looks, his past and all of the issues they have had with personnel and coaches but I think he has them on the right track. They fight. We don't fight, we just show up like we have an appointment with a client we really don't want to see.

Last week during the Bulldog walk it was great to see so many of the past players make the walk with the team. Everyone of them seem to have a big smile on their face. The problem is that I think half of our team doesn't make the walk. Hardly any of the assistant coaches do and I probably missed him but I don't think I saw Coach Holtz during the walk. I did see the newly promoted Assistant AD walk in but of course he was looking at his phone the entire time - wonder he didn't walk head on into tailgate tent.

I usually don't make big dramatic prognistications but the next two weeks will make or break our season and our team. If this team fights like their life depends on it and leaves everything on the field - win or lose we will be ok. If they just keep "showing up", we are done. I base this upon watching this team all of last season and our first two games this year. I have developed my own saying in life and it's "what I am looking at in front of me, really is what I am looking at in front of me!"

There is talent although I am beginning to seriously question the developement of the talent and I want to believe they care, but deep down I'm not sure.

What we will see in front of us the next two weeks really is what we have. They had a great talk of who that should be from Denny Duron. They have got to decide that Bulldogs is what they want to be and these coaches better do the same. For the love of God just FIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    LSU is not going to look ahead to Ole Miss. I watched the game today and while both teams made some mistakes LSU kept a level head and never quit. Burrows will not be the leading QB in the SEC but he is better than what they had and good enough. Everytime I see Orgeron on the sideline he seems to be laser focused. You can make fun of the way he talks, the way he looks, his past and all of the issues they have had with personnel and coaches but I think he has them on the right track. They fight. We don't fight, we just show up like we have an appointment with a client we really don't want to see.

Last week during the Bulldog walk it was great to see so many of the past players make the walk with the team. Everyone of them seem to have a big smile on their face. The problem is that I think half of our team doesn't make the walk. Hardly any of the assistant coaches do and I probably missed him but I don't think I saw Coach Holtz during the walk. I did see the newly promoted Assistant AD walk in but of course he was looking at his phone the entire time - wonder he didn't walk head on into tailgate tent.

I usually don't make big dramatic prognistications but the next two weeks will make or break our season and our team. If this team fights like their life depends on it and leaves everything on the field - win or lose we will be ok. If they just keep "showing up", we are done. I base this upon watching this team all of last season and our first two games this year. I have developed my own saying and it's "what I see in front of me, really is what I am seeing!" There is talent althought I am beginning to seriously question the developement of the talent and I want to believe they care, but deep down I'm not sure.

What we will see in front of us the next two weeks really is what we have. They had a great talk of who that should be from Denny Duron. They have got to decide that Bulldogs is what they want to be and these coaches better do the same. For the love of God just FIGHT!
    Are you talking about the “Walk of Pride” when they arrive to the stadium or some other kind of walk? Holtz was 100% in the WoP.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Are you talking about the “Walk of Pride” when they arrive to the stadium or some other kind of walk? Holtz was 100% in the WoP.
    He always is and like I said, maybe I just didn't see him last week.

BYU 24 Wisconsin #6 21

Cougars grab biggest scalp of the day for a G5.

Akron beat Northwestern (Big 10)
    Nevada beat Oregon State (Pac 12)
    Troy beat Nebraska (Big 10)
    UNT beat Arkansas (SEC)
    Temple beat Maryland (Big 10)
    USF beat Illinois (Big 10)

Every G5 conference, and a G5 Indy, snared a P5 scalp today.

Thought WKU was gonna to, too. Alas...

+ Reply to Thread