+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/22: @LSU Game

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/22: @LSU Game

I maintain that my lack of enthusiasm has nothing to do with lsu. It's because they're a money team and so the natural forces of Tech luck (all teams we play are at their best no matter what) and Holtz wanting to get the check and go home will conspire to make this a terrible game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My biggest concern about this game is our greatest weakness, QB, matches up to their greatest strength, defense. Unless Smith steps up and actually delivers a good performance, it's gonna be a long night for our offense. I have very little to no confidence in that happening.

Next, our defense has not set the world on fire so far this year. Giving up 26 to a winless Belcher and 17 to a SWACer does not bode well. And honestly, except for the Frisco Bowl, this defense has not shown it can stand up for 60 minutes against a quality opponent. The SC game last year was encouraging. But we also had some WTF games too.

Our Special Teams will arrive on their own short bus, so don't expect any help from that sector.

These are all the areas of concern.

But, as is my nature, and one of my many faults, the closer the game gets, the more optimistic I become. As the days tick off, I begin to think more about the positives and reasons something good could happen. Hope springs eternal!

So, in that delusional vein, here is why the Dawgs WILL prevail Saturday!

First, as much as they might say "we're not looking passed Tech," they are looking passed Tech.* They fully expect to just show up and win the game. Even if they start slowly, they think it's a 60-minute game and we can turn it on anytime we need to. Upsets happen when the favorite finds itself in a mess and the players wait for "someone" to step up and make a play. Sometimes, no one ever does. Regardless, we won't see LSU's A+ game, no matter what they might say.

Next, I expect to see the Dawgs going for this one. I think Coach Holtz has quietly been prepping the team for a huge effort. I cannot fathom that Skip Holtz is devoid of that competitive edge and plans just to phone this one in. I think Skip wants this one!

I also think this will finally be Smith's "coming out party." We'll be posting after the game, "where's this been?" To make that happen, he's gonna have to push the envelope some. Throw down field....throw over the middle...and most importantly, don't be the wuss he has been. I want to see him, on a 3rd and 8, scramble out of the pocket and not be denied the first down. If that means lowering his shoulder and taking on a tackler to get that last yard, do it! No sissy hook slides. Not this game.

The OL needs to have a great game. WRs need to step up and FIGHT for the ball. That means turning into a defender if the pass is errant and about to be intercepted. FIGHT FOR THE BALL every play! RBs will have a tough night, but they need to be smart. Getting stuffed at the LOS for no gain, is better than trying to be a hero and taking a 5-yard loss. But! there will also be those plays when there is a hole, so hit it hard, and fight for every yard.

The defense needs to show up, and play a solid, consistent 60-minutes. This is our trump card, I think. LSU has done an awesome job of protecting the ball. They simply have not turned it over. We need to change that. In tactics, stuff the run and make Burrow, or Burreau as they spell it down there, try to beat us. I don't think they can mount and maintain a consistent offense depending on their passing game.

And our much-maligned special teams will be pumped and they will show up bigly Saturday!

Dawgs 27 tiggers 21

* is it "passed" or since it is future tense, should it be "look pass"?

BTW, since predictions on message boards carry absolutely zero weight in the real world, I can post whatever I want. Might as well post a Tech victory, eh!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

South Alabama is 1-2, they’ve played us, Ok-State, and Texas State.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    My biggest concern about this game is our greatest weakness, QB, matches up to their greatest strength, defense. Unless Smith steps up and actually delivers a good performance, it's gonna be a long night for our offense. I have very little to no confidence in that happening.

Next, our defense has not set the world on fire so far this year. Giving up 26 to a winless Belcher and 17 to a SWACer does not bode well. And honestly, except for the Frisco Bowl, this defense has not shown it can stand up for 60 minutes against a quality opponent. The SC game last year was encouraging. But we also had some WTF games too.

Our Special Teams will arrive on their own short bus, so don't expect any help from that sector.

These are all the areas of concern.

But, as is my nature, and one of my many faults, the closer the game gets, the more optimistic I become. As the days tick off, I begin to think more about the positives and reasons something good could happen. Hope springs eternal!

First, as much as they might say "we're not looking passed Tech," they are looking passed Tech.* They fully expect to just show up and win the game. Even if they start slowly, they think it's a 60-minute game and we can turn it on anytime we need to. Upsets happen when the favorite finds itself in a mess and the players wait for "someone" to step up and make a play. Sometimes, no one ever does. Regardless, we won't see LSU's A+ game, no matter what they might say.

Next, I expect to see the Dawgs going for this one. I think Coach Holtz has quietly been prepping the team for a huge effort. I cannot fathom that Skip Holtz is devoid of that competitive edge and plans just to phone this one in. I think Skip wants this one!

I also think this will finally be Smith's "coming out party." We'll be posting after the game, "where's this been?" To make that happen, he's gonna have to push the envelope some. Throw down field....throw over the middle...and most importantly, don't be the wuss he has been. I want to see him, on a 3rd and 8, scramble out of the pocket and not be denied the first down. If that means lowering his shoulder and taking on a tackler to get that last yard, do it! No sissy hook slides. Not this game.

The OL needs to have a great game. WRs need to step up and FIGHT for the ball. That means turning into a defender if the pass is errant and about to be intercepted. FIGHT FOR THE BALL every play! RBs will have a tough night, but they need to be smart. Getting stuffed at the LOS for no gain, is better than trying to be a hero and taking a 5-yard loss. But! there will also be those plays when there is a hole, so hit it hard, and fight for every yard.

The defense needs to show up, and play a solid, consistent 60-minutes. This is our trump card, I think. LSU has done an awesome job of protecting the ball. They simply have not turned it over. We need to change that. In tactics, stuff the run and make Burrow, or Burreau as they spell it down there, try to beat us. I don't think they can mount and maintain a consistent offense depending on their passing game.

And our much-maligned special teams will be pumped and they will show up bigly Saturday!

Dawgs 27 tiggers 21

* is it "passed" or since it is future tense, should it be "look pass"?

BTW, since predictions on message boards carry absolutely zero weight in the real world, I can post whatever I want. Might as well post a Tech victory, eh!
    it's look past...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    it's look past...
    Dang! that's the way I had it at first. Need to trust my instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    South Alabama is 1-2, they’ve played us, Ok-State, and Texas State.
    Oh, well then, never mind. Our defense is awesome! Changing my prediction to Dawgs 27 tiggers 0

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That's not exactly what he said, but what he did say was total BS. Elliot was/is injured so there was no chance of him going in to the game.
    How do you get "injured", when you haven't played a down of football all season?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Another Lou Holtz dime:

Todd Harrell@Dawggummit 39m39 minutes agoMore

Replying to @FootballScoop
    When Lou Holtz complained to Bobby Bowden about WVU running up the score on his William & Mary football team, Bowden replied, “It’s your job to hold the score down. It’s not mine.”
    LOL! That's a great perspective.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    How do you get "injured", when you haven't played a down of football all season?
    tripped on the sideline stripe?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I feel your pain. Opening week I watched our game vs South Alabama then watched the tigers play Miami. The difference was stark. Now I'm telling myself we haven't reached our potential and will shock the nation Saturday.
    We haven't lost a game yet and I'm not about to start predicting losses now.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Man, d80 drank the whole 10 gallon igloo of blue koolaid while wearing blue shades and rubbing the Spirit of ‘88 on the head. I like it! Good plan!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    tripped on the sideline stripe?
    Either that, or strained a muscle lifting the clipboard.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Man, d80 drank the whole 10 gallon igloo of blue koolaid while wearing blue shades and rubbing the Spirit of ‘88 on the head. I like it! Good plan!
    If we wanna drink the royal blue koolaid, you'll have to mix up a new batch!

If we wanna drink the royal blue koolaid, you'll have to mix up a new batch!
    Speaking of that, which blue do we have now? Is it Royal, Reflex, something else?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    speaking of that, which blue do we have now? Is it royal, reflex, something else?
    Here you go.

Blue
    pantone: Pms 287 c
    html/hex color: #003087
    rgb(0,48,135)
    cmyk: (100,75,2,18)

+ Reply to Thread