+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: 9/22: @LSU Game

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/22: @LSU Game

I'm not going to say something like that didn't happen but I highly doubt it. And if it did happen the odds are pretty high someone from Tech would call them on it.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I was there. It did not rain where I was.
    I was there, and I got hit by raindrops at several points during the game. The forecast that morning called for 65% at 5 p.m. and 55% at kickoff, though that declined throughout the day. We also had a lightning delay before the game that delayed warmups. I'm sure all of these factors caused some people to stay away.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I was there, and I got hit by raindrops at several points during the game. The forecast that morning called for 65% at 5 p.m. and 55% at kickoff, though that declined throughout the day. We also had a lightning delay before the game that delayed warmups. I'm sure all of these factors caused some people to stay away.
    yes I agree. Had I been an lsu fan, I'd have skipped.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Time to move on to North Texas. This is a much bigger game for us.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dawg View Post
    I don't remember seeing any shots of Tech fans during the telecast. I was disappointed in that. Did there seem like there was many Tech fans there?
    Lots and lots more Tech fans at the game than I ever would have expected. Many were spread out in the stadium, as many of us didn't get our tickets through the school. Found the tigger fans to be as friendly and nice as any others I've encountered at away games. I have it on very good authority that we were the first visiting non-P5 school to completely sell out our allotment for a game at tigger stadium in a very long time, which apparently pleased the lsu athletic dept.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonzodawg View Post
    time to move on to north texas. This is a much bigger game for us.
    focus

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Time to move on to North Texas. This is a much bigger game for us.
    Well then...just go to that thread.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Lots and lots more Tech fans at the game than I ever would have expected. Many were spread out in the stadium, as many of us didn't get our tickets through the school. Found the tigger fans to be as friendly and nice as any others I've encountered at away games. I have it on very good authority that we were the first visiting non-P5 school to completely sell out our allotment for a game at tigger stadium in a very long time, which apparently pleased the lsu athletic dept.
    I'm fairly certain Tech has sold out our allotment to the LSU game before, maybe, every time. This was the 4th game in the modern era, all since 2003.

But, when it comes to sellouts...and to teams' rankings too...run it by Pawdawg first. Pretty soon he'll post that LSU was not ranked #6.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Was just thinking about you while on Tiger Rant. If you were a tigger fan your head would explode! Posts are running about 50-50, maybe even leaning toward being disgusted with their performances so far. Some remind the others they are 4-0 and ranked #5 but others say that will all come crumbling down when they hit the meat of their schedule. Blah, blah and etc.. it's funny to read. But it also makes one step back and examine one's own posts. Typical fickled fans I guess.

D65, don't take anything I post, especially aimed at you, seriously. It's all in fun. I like to tease Champ110 too with his unshakable optimism.

That said, I really want to see some "special" seasons now and then. Though it ended poorly, 2012 was a fun year. And all we did was go 9-3 and crack the Top 25. We can do even better.

LSU will lose 2-3 games at a minimum and will not play in the SEC Championship game, of course.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Announcing a sellout means LSU ticket office had no more to sell.

Driving up to the stadium there were more hawkers with "Need to buy tickets" than "Tickets for sale."

As for the empty (sold) seats . . . well, they were SOLD. . . just like home side at Tech home games.

This link will take you to the 2nd qtr stadium panorama:

https://latechsportsphotos.photoshel...-football-2018
    Looks slap full to me.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I'm fairly certain Tech has sold out our allotment to the LSU game before, maybe, every time. This was the 4th game in the modern era, all since 2003.

But, when it comes to sellouts...and to teams' rankings too...run it by Pawdawg first. Pretty soon he'll post that LSU was not ranked #6.
    They were not and are not ranked number six in the poll Navy was ranked in.

Ah hah! you admit it...Navy was ranked!

Ah hah! you admit it...Navy was ranked!
    not in a recent poll. They were ranked in a meaningless poll that had not been adjusted over the past two weeks.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

But LAState is #5 now, huh?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    But LAState is #5 now, huh?
    Yep

+ Reply to Thread