+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/22: @LSU Game

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 9/22: @LSU Game

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    "Rockstar."

To be fair, he was a lot better tonight in the second half.
    ....but only because our OL gave him a LOT of time look for receivers. J'Mar kept holding the ball longer and longer as the game went on.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....but only because our OL gave him a LOT of time look for receivers. J'Mar kept holding the ball longer and longer as the game went on.
    Ends and means.

But this type of comfortableness should have come a long long time ago. He's got to learn to take advantage of those opportunities.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

And his receivers actually caught the ball instead of coughing it up. That helped.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

It must really hurt your soul to give this young man credit for a good game.
    The kid played lights out, don't forget all the drops and turnovers by our Wr's.
    Not Smith's fault. Rock Star for sure.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I'm not into moral victories, but I will say this. We saw something tonight that I've never seen from a Blake Baker defense.......2nd half adjustments!! Smith played a very good game tonight and did not seem rattled at all. The Oline had one of the best games that I've ever seen a Tech Oline have. I never thought yesterday that I'd be able to say any of those things tonight. I'm sick to my stomach the way it turned out, completely nauseous. However, I'm proud that they didn't roll over and quit when they got down by 24 and kept fighting. I just hope that they forget about tonight and go and take care of business next week. ON TO NORTH TEXAS!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No, not a rock star...unless you think Michael Bolton qualifies as one too.

What Smith did do well tonite was step up into the pocket...which I've been screaming for him to do...and as a result he did have some completions, he wouldn't have otherwise. That's good. And yeah, his WRs could certainly help him out by not dropping passes and sometimes fighting for the ball. Hardy gets kudos on his long TD because he went after the ball between two LSU defenders.

But he has no touch on the ball. He's got a chance to complete passes when a frickin' hummer is required, but anything needing a touch, forget it. And he simply won't run with the ball. He should stick to baseball where you are less likely to get hurt. Many times tonight he stepped up in the pocket and stood there and then usually it ended up with an incomplete pass....when he could have easily gained 8-10 yards, or more.

Overall for Smith tonite: C+. Best grade he has gotten ever.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    It must really hurt your soul to give this young man credit for a good game.
    The kid played lights out, don't forget all the drops and turnovers by our Wr's.
    Not Smith's fault. Rock Star for sure.
    My soul feels great. If you read this thread, you'll see that I absolutely pointed the finger at the WR's in the 1st half. My exact words were that our WR's were playing like Edward Scissor Hands. And that was true in the first half.

Unfortunately, people like you don't know anything about football. So you'll never understand why J'Mar struggles at QB. Yes, he has a very strong arm, and that's what confuses Holtz too. But J'Mar is, 1) very indecisive, 2) he can't run, and 3) he holds the football far too long in the pocket. The reason J"mar holds the football too long is because he has no confidence to throw on pattern, or where his receivers are supposed to be. He thinks he's got to wait, wait, wait until they are wide ass open on every play. Unfortunately, most good defenses won't wait around for that. So consequently, his passes often arrive too late, as they did several times in the 1st half tonight.

J'Mar is lucky this year, though. He's got a great OL, and as long as they continue to buy him an inordinate amount of time in the pocket, he has a good chance to win a few games.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No, not a rock star...unless you think Michael Bolton qualifies as one too.

What Smith did do well tonite was step up into the pocket...which I've been screaming for him to do...and as a result he did have some completions, he wouldn't have otherwise. That's good. And yeah, his WRs could certainly help him out by not dropping passes and sometimes fighting for the ball. Hardy gets kudos on his long TD because he went after the ball between two LSU defenders.

But he has no touch on the ball. He's got a chance to complete passes when a frickin' hummer is required, but anything needing a touch, forget it. And he simply won't run with the ball. He should stick to baseball where you are less likely to get hurt. Many times tonight he stepped up in the pocket and stood there and then usually it ended up with an incomplete pass....when he could have easily gained 8-10 yards, or more.

Overall for Smith tonite: C+. Best grade he has gotten ever.
    It can be both his best ever and yet still not enough.

I think we can both agree this loss isn't on him. Fumbles/non-catches by receivers, stupid play calls, etc.

I hope the improvement continues​ now

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I am like the rest of you in thinking where would we be if we could play a full 60 minutes. Think about all the games just in the last few years that we would have won. Miss St, TAMU, Utah St, and San Jose under Dykes. Maybe more? K State, Kansas, Miss St, Arkansas, lsu, USM, and others under Holtz. Man we leave a ton on the table.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    LSU will drop in the rankings.
    No they won't

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I am like the rest of you in thinking where would we be if we could play a full 60 minutes. Think about all the games just in the last few years that we would have won. Miss St, TAMU, Utah St, and San Jose under Dykes. Maybe more? K State, Kansas, Miss St, Arkansas, lsu, USM, and others under Holtz. Man we leave a ton on the table.
    what was it you said earlier? "another missed opportunity"

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

2nd Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I'm not into moral victories, but I will say this. We saw something tonight that I've never seen from a Blake Baker defense.......2nd half adjustments!! Smith played a very good game tonight and did not seem rattled at all. The Oline had one of the best games that I've ever seen a Tech Oline have. I never thought yesterday that I'd be able to say any of those things tonight. I'm sick to my stomach the way it turned out, completely nauseous. However, I'm proud that they didn't roll over and quit when they got down by 24 and kept fighting. I just hope that they forget about tonight and go and take care of business next week. ON TO NORTH TEXAS!!
    Good post. I concur. I'm still marveled by our OL's performance tonight. I watched 'em closely. And they were each beating their man in pass protection. When you consider who they were up against, you realize we have some VERY TOUGH guys in our OL.

Good post. I concur. I'm still marveled by our OL's performance tonight. I watched 'em closely. And they were each beating their man in pass protection. When you consider who they were up against, you realize we have some VERY TOUGH guys in our OL.
    In the same vein, I loved seeing Tucker put his head down and PLOW some dudes. Not scared at all.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Another plus tonite...our RBs ran hard. Dancy, Tucker, and Kam! whoa! he lowered the boom on that would-be tackler. Good, hard run. But, at the end of the night we had only 87 yards on 26 carries.

Smith was 27 of 50 for 330 yds, 3 TDs, one INT.

Total offense of 417 yds.

Yes, LSU does have a good defense. Probably the best one we'll face this year.

+ Reply to Thread