+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/22: @LSU Game

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: 9/22: @LSU Game

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    DUMMEST CALL EVER MADE!!!

So you think you're going to run over the LSU DL with a QB sneak, in Tiger Stadium, in front of 102K fans?? It's pitiful to think anybody on our coaching staff is that stupid.
    Dumb is being nice...we've lined up in the shotgun the entire game, then we go under center for 1/2 yard. All of the LSU fans around starting hollering QB sneak. Everyone knew it was coming. We may can do that against UTEP, not lsu...by the way, why are we not utilizing Kam McKnight in situations like that? Dumbest play call ever as Skippy as a head coach. He fooled NO ONE on the QB sneak, NO ONE.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Running up the middle was dumb, even if Kam, maybe especially if Kam had gotten the ball. We needed a call more in line with the 4th down TD to Holley. AND! this speaks to the huge disadvantage we have with a QB who is afraid of contact. That should have been some kind of PRO, after a play fake in the middle. I even posted when I knew they would overturn Veal's apparent first down catch....please don't run up the middle. But we did and got stuffed. These things are as easy to predict as saying, "the sun will rise in the east in the morning."

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    They used to do home and home with Tulane, but that ended back in the 1980's.
    Looks like they played in the Dome in 1991, 1994 and 2007. LSU bought out the future away games against Tulane basically saying no more home and away games with Tulane, (or basically any Louisiana schools) all games at Tiger Stadium. Although supposedly they agreed to one future game in New Orleans as part of the buyout. Tulane is still waiting on that one I suppose.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Looks like they played in the Dome in 1991, 1994 and 2007. LSU bought out the future away games against Tulane basically saying no more home and away games with Tulane, (or basically any Louisiana schools) all games at Tiger Stadium. Although supposedly they agreed to one future game in New Orleans as part of the buyout. Tulane is still waiting on that one I suppose.
    I also believe they basically did the same thing recently in baseball, saying if they play Tulane in baseball it will be at Alex Box.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It's all about covering about $3.5 million in revenue. Well, there are, or could be, 50K seats at Indy...that comes to $70/seat. Plus throw in what? $100K+ for concessions, another, $100K for parking, maybe some other various revenue sources and a Tech-LSU game can be pulled off in S'port….WITHOUT SEC refs!

Wouldn't you pay $70 for a seat for such an event? We're not talking every year...it would probably be a once in a lifetime event. And of course Tech, TMAC, would attach other costs to it, like having to be a season tix holder and/or some other such membership thingy.

It could be made to happen. And it would work money-wise to keep all the greedy folks in both administrations happy.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

I cannot remember the last tiime I saw this team play a complete game. My hope for this game was that they fight on every play. I saw some of that tonight but at other times I saw what I have seen all of last season and this year. Just a team showing up for their appointment. On the QB sneak, I was in a room full of people that ranged from teenagers to 80+. When they lined up, nearly everyone said the same thing.
    "Oh that's not going to work". When will this team do something that completely surprises everyone in the room, in the stadium or most importantly - their opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I also believe they basically did the same thing recently in baseball, saying if they play Tulane in baseball it will be at Alex Box.
    Haven't heard that. That is surprising. They have been playing in what is officially a neutral site, Zephyr Field, not on Tulane's campus.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    I cannot remember the last tiime I saw this team play a complete game. My hope for this game was that they fight on every play. I saw some of that tonight but at other times I saw what I have seen all of last season and this year. Just a team showing up for their appointment. On the QB sneak, I was in a room full of people that ranged from teenagers to 80+. When they lined up, nearly everyone said the same thing.
    "Oh that's not going to work". When will this team do something that completely surprises everyone in the room, in the stadium or most importantly - their opponents?
    Johnny Unitas would have lined up for what appeared to be a QB sneak, but would have stepped back and floated a perfect over the shoulder pass to TE John Mackey for the 1st down, and maybe a TD, since Mackey could flat-out run for a big guy.

But then...that is why Johnny U. is one of the all-time greats!

Haven't heard that. That is surprising. They have been playing in what is officially a neutral site, Zephyr Field, not on Tulane's campus.
    https://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2...home_base.html

I thought I remembered something along these lines. Tulane fans around here were crying foul. But basically Tulane now gets treated the same as every other Louisiana school. Not a home and away situation.

LSU's 2019 home slate is chocked full of in-state schools, including Tech on May 7th. Also play, SLU, NSU, Grambling, McNeese, Nicholls, ulm, ull (Pontiff Classic), and play Texas Southern, Bryant U. (3-game series), heck! they play home-home with Southern! They host Army and Air Force, South Alabama, and I probably missed a game or two. That's their non-conference home slate.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

It makes me sick to think how dangerous we would be and would have been since 2012 if we just realized that games are 60 minutes long.

LSU's 2019 home slate is chocked full of in-state schools, including Tech on May 7th. Also play, SLU, NSU, Grambling, McNeese, Nicholls, ulm, ull (Pontiff Classic), and play Texas Southern, Bryant U. (3-game series), heck! they play home-home with Southern! They host Army and Air Force, South Alabama, and I probably missed a game or two. That's their non-conference home slate.
    They will try to hit every school on their campus once every 5 years. Tulane gets no special treatment anymore. Soon they will be in Ruston, heck maybe even Northwestern. Football is a different story though. Not going to share the wealth so to speak. Baseball might change one day as well if they start losing too many of those away games.

They actually have less leverage in baseball having to fill so many more spots.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    It makes me sick to think how dangerous we would be and would have been since 2012 if we just realized that games are 60 minutes long.
    THIS!!!! We never seem to come out ready to play! What the hell is going on in pregame?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    THIS!!!! We never seem to come out ready to play! What the hell is going on in pregame?!?!
    Especially coming off the bye week. We should have been laser-focused last night. Instead we started our game at 7:45, unfortunately LSU started playing football at 6pm.

I am off to my life group meeting and church. My life group leader is an LSU alum, who is a football and baseball season ticket holder and Tiger Athletic Foundation member. My first question is the $1000's you pay into TAF enough as your clocks seem to need some repair, or at least maintenance. Then we will spend the rest of our chat about catching a ball inbounds. Should be fun. Everyone have a wonderful morning, as today is a new day.

+ Reply to Thread