+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/22: @LSU Game

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/22: @LSU Game

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    The defender must turn his head around and play the ball. It's not uncatchable because the receiver has a chance to come back to the ball if the defender is face guarding. All our CB needed to do was turn his head and bat the ball down. Then it wouldn't have been pass interference. It was the right call in that situation.
    Except I didn't see that he had his arms up in the receiver's face, but maybe he did.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    It's not bashing, professor. Every LA Tech fan on this board was cheering for J'Mar and his teammates to be successful last night. But if you can't look back at that game video last night and freely acknowledge the late arriving passes from J'Mar causing us problems (including an INT and some batted balls in the first half), then you either don't know football, or you're just choosing to be dishonest. As others have acknowledged, J'Mar also has problems with putting a soft touch on the ball at close range, and he may be the worst running QB in Tech history. It's not that he can't run, he just refuses to do it. And after 18 starts, that's frustrating.

As far as I know, no Tech fans here are "rooting for Southern Miss's QB". That's a typical response from a "Fake News" journalist. Don't be typical. You're obviously just upset that Jack Abraham is killing it at USM, and that by the time we play USM he might actually be a real threat to LA Tech's chances at a CUSA championship, just as I warned you and others. But, facts are facts. Barring an injury, Abraham's only going to get better. Of course, you wouldn't know that, because you are a journalist, and as we all know Journalist don't deal in facts anymore.
    Again, you are rooting for Abraham over J'Mar. No need to hide it. It's clear to everyone who posts here. The fact that you blame J'Mar for the interception last night is proof that you are biased against him. The dude played an incredible game against the No. 6 team in the country. Is he perfect? No, but neither was Luke McCown and he spent almost 15 years getting paid in the NFL. Sometimes it seems like our fans expect our players to never make a mistake. I'm sure you have zero weaknesses in your life. At least that's the persona you put on here on this board.

Do I get frustrated at times by J'Mar? You bet I do. I want him to run more. But I also don't know what his coaches are telling him to do. I'm not in meetings. I'm not at practice. Maybe they don't have any confidence in our backup QBs and don't believe the risk is worth it. Maybe his knee is still bothering him from his offseason procedure. I know he was more willing to tuck and run early last season before he injured it. Do I want him to hit more of his deep balls? Sure. I'd love for every pass to be completed. But I also know that not even Tim Rattay did that. It's still worth taking the shots downfield to stretch the defense and open up more intermediate routes. It's part of football.

The fact of the matter is we have some self-absorbed wannabe experts on this board who think they know everything when they don't have half the information. One poster said we had three weeks to prepare for LSU because the coaches shouldn't have spent any time preparing for Southern. That's complete ignorance. No college football coach would ever do that because they know coming in unprepared and losing would cost him his job.

You can insult my profession all you want. I really don't give a shit. You have become very successful in your chosen field, but that doesn't change the fact that you studied journalism 40 years ago and never did anything with it, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't look at you as an expert in that field.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Except I didn't see that he had his arms up in the receiver's face, but maybe he did.
    They were both locked up. The receiver was grabbing him by the arms and he was grabbing the receiver by the arms.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Again, you are rooting for Abraham over J'Mar. No need to hide it. It's clear to everyone who posts here. The fact that you blame J'Mar for the interception last night is proof that you are biased against him. The dude played an incredible game against the No. 6 team in the country. Is he perfect? No, but neither was Luke McCown and he spent almost 15 years getting paid in the NFL. Sometimes it seems like our fans expect our players to never make a mistake. I'm sure you have zero weaknesses in your life. At least that's the persona you put on here on this board.

Do I get frustrated at times by J'Mar? You bet I do. I want him to run more. But I also don't know what his coaches are telling him to do. I'm not in meetings. I'm not at practice. Maybe they don't have any confidence in our backup QBs and don't believe the risk is worth it. Maybe his knee is still bothering him from his offseason procedure. I know he was more willing to tuck and run early last season before he injured it. Do I want him to hit more of his deep balls? Sure. I'd love for every pass to be completed. But I also know that not even Tim Rattay did that. It's still worth taking the shots downfield to stretch the defense and open up more intermediate routes. It's part of football.

The fact of the matter is we have some self-absorbed wannabe experts on this board who think they know everything when they don't have half the information. One poster said we had three weeks to prepare for LSU because the coaches shouldn't have spent any time preparing for Southern. That's complete ignorance. No college football coach would ever do that because they know coming in unprepared and losing would cost him his job.

You can insult my profession all you want. I really don't give a shit. You have become very successful in your chosen field, but that doesn't change the fact that you studied journalism 40 years ago and never did anything with it, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't look at you as an expert in that field.

FAKE NEWS!!! Either you just can't read, or this is just another example of not doing your homework. Here's the post in THIS thread from last night where I specifically said that interception was NOT J'Mar's fault. For your reading pleasure, here's post #304, posted at 7:10 PM CST:

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...SU-Game/page21

ANOTHER dropped pass, is intercepted by LSU. I can't believe this shit. Two Tech players had it and OF COURSE, couldn't hold on. NOT J"MAR's FAULT!

LSU scores TD on very next play.

Unfortunately, I believe the LA Tech DEFENSE has quit. They are just getting absolutely NO HELP WHATSOEVER from the LA Tech Offense.
    Now repeat after me, "The professor was wrong." "AGAIN!"

The fact is, we have some very good, passionate, people --and fans-- on this board who really care about LA Tech football. And they may have a different opinion about things than you. And THAT'S okay. It doesn't make them "ignorant" (as you said above), or "self -absorbed" (as you also said above), and it certainly doesn't give you a license to start telling LIES about what people think, and feel about players and others. And THAT'S exactly what you do when you accuse others of "rooting for Abraham" (lie #1), being biased against J'Mar (lie #2) or accuse others of blaming J'Mar for the interception (lie #3), when that really didn't happen. Geez dude. Just try shutting up for a while until you actually get something right.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I have been as critical of J'Mar as anyone here, But he showed improvement last night, I can live with him if he corrects some of the obvious mistakes of last night. I do agree his offensive line giving him more time seemed to help his decision making some, a good O-Line and plenty of time helps with a lot of things QB related. I still think his progressions need to be worked on some, defenses are learning to read his eyes and that will create some turnovers if not corrected some. J'Mar had some prime opportunities to run for 5+ yards, several times, I wish he had taken them, LSU would have had to start covering that also(as some of you have already said). Play calling may also be contributing to some of J'Mars problems also, I don't think J'Mar likes to get away from the intended play and receiver very much, pretty well sticks with original call and first choice receiver. (in my opinion)

Now...congratulations guys on putting it together and playing a terrific third quarter, you looked like a completely different team, A team who felt like they could win! That's what impressed me, seemed like most of the team had a light bulb go off in their head that said "Hey, you guys have just as good of a chance of winning this game as anyone".

I want nothing more than to see J'Mar, the coaches, and the rest of this team become better and more successful each week, I do want our QB to be a Rockstar! I think our talents are more spread out through our ones and twos throughout our defense and offense than it may have ever been. The QB still is the most important position on the team though, and we are used to having that position filled with someone most other teams envy and would love to have on their roster, I hope J'Mar becomes that.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

FAKE NEWS!!! Either you just can't read, or this is just another example of not doing your homework. Here's the post in THIS thread from last night where I specifically said that interception was NOT J'Mar's fault. For your reading pleasure, here's post #304, posted at 7:10 PM CST:

The fact is, we have some very good, passionate, people --and fans-- on this board who really care about LA Tech football. And they may have a different opinion about things than you. And THAT'S okay. It doesn't make them "ignorant" (as you said above), or give you a license to start telling LIES about what people think, and feel about others. And THAT'S exactly what you do when you accuse others of "rooting for Abraham" (a lie), or accuse others of blaming J'Mar for the interception, when that really didn't happen. Geez dude. Just try shutting up for a while until you actually get something right.
    HD, I was quoting you in the post I made ... and here is a direct quote from you in that post:

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    But if you can't look back at that game video last night and freely acknowledge the late arriving passes from J'Mar causing us problems (including an INT and some batted balls in the first half), then you either don't know football, or you're just choosing to be dishonest.
    In that post, you are directly correlating J'Mar's "late-arriving (sic) passes" with the interception. You said that. Not me. I didn't make it up. Stop pretending that I did.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

HD, I was quoting you in the post I made ... and here is a direct quote from you in that post:

In that post, you are directly correlating J'Mar's "late-arriving (sic) passes" with the interception. You said that. Not me. I didn't make it up. Stop pretending that I did.
    That's a reference to "late arriving" passes or footballs. Do you not see post #304? Or, are you just hellbent on lying about it, and choosing to not see it? Which is it?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    As an LTAC contributor...I'm done!
    Because we lost on the road to the #6 team in the country? A game we were actually in and played decent after crapping our pants most of the first half? Haha, that is kind of comical.

That's a reference to "late arriving" passes or footballs. Do you not see post #304? Or, are you just hellbent on lying about it, and choosing to not see it? Which is it?
    I'm choosing to call out the contradiction. It's either not J'Mar's fault (which it wasn't), or his late-arriving pass caused the interception (it didn't). It can't be both.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

How much longer is J'Mar going to continue to improve? If he played that well and showed that much improvement against the #6 team in the, then he should be able to lead us to victory at North Texas next week.

Sitting next to a guy in church this morning who watched his first complete Tech game this year says to me "if your QB continues to improve, he could be a heck of a quarterback"
    . I told him the coaches were working on that. 2022 is going to be his year!

I'm choosing to call out the contradiction. It's either not J'Mar's fault (which it wasn't), or his late-arriving pass caused the interception (it didn't). It can't be both.
    So, you have chosen to lie about it, despite WRITTEN evidence that proves you're lying. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    How much longer is J'Mar going to continue to improve? If he played that well and showed that much improvement against the #6 team in the, then he should be able to lead us to victory at North Texas next week.

Sitting next to a guy in church this morning who watched his first complete Tech game this year says to me "if your QB continues to improve, he could be a heck of a quarterback"
    . I told him the coaches were working on that. 2022 is going to be his year!
    LOL! Nice one.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

2022? Gawd, I hope not! He'll be like that WKU QB who played 7 years and still had a year left!

So, you have chosen to lie about it, despite WRITTEN evidence that proves you're lying. Got it.
    Whatever, HD. I didn't change the words you wrote. You wrote them! You wrote that his late-arriving balls caused the interception, after earlier saying it wasn't his fault. You apparently changed your mind, and now have changed it again.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

The fact is, we have some very good, passionate, people --and fans-- on this board who really care about LA Tech football. And they may have a different opinion about things than you. And THAT'S okay. It doesn't make them "ignorant" (as you said above), or "self -absorbed" (as you also said above), and it certainly doesn't give you a license to start telling LIES about what people think, and feel about players and others. And THAT'S exactly what you do when you accuse others of "rooting for Abraham" (lie #1), being biased against J'Mar (lie #2) or accuse others of blaming J'Mar for the interception (lie #3), when that really didn't happen. Geez dude. Just try shutting up for a while until you actually get something right.

I have a question anyone with information can answer. At any Tech game or function has there been a knock-down, drag out fight between BBB posters?

Reading some of these threads, while entertaining, seem to be how a written transcript of the Jerry Springer Show might read.

+ Reply to Thread