+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LSU Prediction Thread!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LSU Prediction Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    We just need to come out of this with no injuries. Us making a good game of it is even a bigger bonus. I just don’t see how our OL can stand up to their D-line. It’s not impossible, but it’s gonna be a major, major challenge. They are one of the best D-line LSU has had in the last 10 years.
    You act as if our players are gonna be bullied and beat up by the big kids! Both teams have nearly grown men that are in great shape. Just because they are more talented doesn't mean they are more physical. They have a great DL, but physically they are not the big bad ogres that are gonna manhandle us and cause harm. They may out perform us, but that doesn't equate to us getting hurt necessarily.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

It’s a good thing the Tech fans here aren’t playing this game or it would be over before even leaving the locker room. Too many self defeatists...

I’m not conceding anything... Go Dawgs!

Bulldog supermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time supermel311's Avatar

LSU: A lot
    LaTech: not much
    ULM The only team in North Louisiana with a Division 1 National Football Championship.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    All is true, BUT....J'mar Smith is not Colby Cameron and none of the teams you mentioned were in the top 10 and we were ranked right up there with aTm that game. Big differences.
    Utah State was ranked in the Top 25, as was San Jose State.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    You act as if our players are gonna be bullied and beat up by the big kids! Both teams have nearly grown men that are in great shape. Just because they are more talented doesn't mean they are more physical. They have a great DL, but physically they are not the big bad ogres that are gonna manhandle us and cause harm. They may out perform us, but that doesn't equate to us getting hurt necessarily.
    Not sure how you got that impression by what I said. "We just need to come out of this with no injuries" does not imply that our players are weak or out of shape. It implies exactly what it states, that coming out of this game healthy before playing North Texas next week would be a good thing. Winning CUSA is something we haven't done yet, and the battle for the top is next week.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Not sure how you got that impression by what I said. "We just need to come out of this with no injuries" does not imply that our players are weak or out of shape. It implies exactly what it states, that coming out of this game healthy before playing North Texas next week would be a good thing. Winning CUSA is something we haven't done yet, and the battle for the top is next week.
    Not to mention every coach talks about the hope to avoid injuries every single week. In every pre-game locker room prayer the pastor, minister, priest whoever always prays for no injuries, at least the ones I've heard. Avoiding injuries is one most spoken about aspects of sports. Most teams need to be fortunate in injuries to achieve their season long goals and I think this football team is most definitely in that category. So I am with you 100% in hoping we come out of this game with no injuries. Perhaps not everyone feels that is important.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It doesn't matter who you play, injuries can occur in any game. I bet....and no, I don't have any stats...you would find that over the years Tech has suffered as many injuries vs. peers and inferior foes as we have against "big" schools. I remember one year, about 20 years ago or so, when we had two games, like at Penn State and Florida State in a 3-week span, and everyone was talking about just getting thru those games with minimal injuries....which we did. Then a couple of weeks later, against USL, I'm pretty sure it was, we lost THREE OL for the season. One just twisted his knee, no contact, and the other two got rolled up on from behind by another Tech player....friendly fire.

And there's this....do you really think LSU is so superior humanly that they'll be like some giants, 7 feet tall, 400 lbs of pure muscle, faster than cheetahs, and ogres, mean as the devil? Nah!

If Tech is in the same classification as LSU, Division I FBS, same number of scholarships, same opportunities for weight training and conditioning....oh! and we get to put 11 on the field just like they do! then the Dawgs will be just fine. Injuries occur for numerous reasons, and sometimes it is just bad luck. Might as well pull on your big boy pants and get out there and give, as good as you get.

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

31 - La Tech
    28 - lsu

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed that we hope every game is injury free. Did you post the same thing when we played Southern or USA? They have big, strong players just like the tigahs do. They, as well, were out of conference. No greater emphasis should be given to this game vs. the two previous games is all I am saying.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

We just need to come out of this with no injuries. Us making a good game of it is even a bigger bonus. I just don’t see how our OL can stand up to their D-line. It’s not impossible, but it’s gonna be a major, major challenge. They are one of the best D-line LSU has had in the last 10 years.
    Injuries can occur at any time against any opponent. I don’t think we are any more or less likely to be injured playing against them as any other team. However, our biggest challenge in the West is next week against North Texas who is playing some good football right now. So when I said “we need to come out of this with no injuries”, it is only because of the timing of the game, not because of the opponent.

Yep, UNT next week.

LSU is a trap game for us, if we're not careful. Get caught looking ahead to the more important game.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It doesn't matter who you play, injuries can occur in any game. I bet....and no, I don't have any stats...you would find that over the years Tech has suffered as many injuries vs. peers and inferior foes as we have against "big" schools. I remember one year, about 20 years ago or so, when we had two games, like at Penn State and Florida State in a 3-week span, and everyone was talking about just getting thru those games with minimal injuries....which we did. Then a couple of weeks later, against USL, I'm pretty sure it was, we lost THREE OL for the season. One just twisted his knee, no contact, and the other two got rolled up on from behind by another Tech player....friendly fire.

And there's this....do you really think LSU is so superior humanly that they'll be like some giants, 7 feet tall, 400 lbs of pure muscle, faster than cheetahs, and ogres, mean as the devil? Nah!

If Tech is in the same classification as LSU, Division I FBS, same number of scholarships, same opportunities for weight training and conditioning....oh! and we get to put 11 on the field just like they do! then the Dawgs will be just fine. Injuries occur for numerous reasons, and sometimes it is just bad luck. Might as well pull on your big boy pants and get out there and give, as good as you get.
    Good post.

By the way, it has been proven that many football injuries occur when players ARE NOT going full speed. They "let up" for a few seconds or for a couple of plays, and get clobbered.

Varsity Bulldog Schoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really niceSchoochmagoo is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Schoochmagoo View Post
    That would definitely be targeting now.

The wussification of America continues.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The line opened around 21.

My prediction:
    1. We'll have a lot of trouble protecting J'Mar.
    2. LSU will capitalize on Special teams miscues.
    3. There will be a disagreement on the board about who's to blame for the offensive woes.
    4. We'll do fine in conference if we survive.
    Score:

LSU: 31
    Tech: 10

We cover the current spread.
    Interview with Coach with Diaz-- he addressed your issues-- 1. Jmar will be throwing quick passes --like you I worry about pass rush .. 2. Coach disappointed so far with Smoke and inferred he will be using Dancy and Veal. Probably Veal on punts. 3. we ranked pretty high in NCAA offence numbers but we played weak teams 4. agree with your post I am very worried about NT State next week -- 31-10 makes since-- especially if its a rain storm. They have a great fg kicker ...

+ Reply to Thread