+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dropped Passes

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Dropped Passes

As a rule...I don't criticize players. Never have. But I will say collectively we might have set a team record for dropped or bobbled passes in the first half of last night's game.

Catching a football is hard. It is genuinely hard. But, if we want to be a legit Division 1 team, we've got to put the ball in the hands of people who can catch consistently. As Forrest Gump said....that's all I've got to say about that...

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dropped Passes

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    As a rule...I don't criticize players. Never have. But I will say collectively we might have set a team record for dropped or bobbled passes in the first half of last night's game.

Catching a football is hard. It is genuinely hard. But, if we want to be a legit Division 1 team, we've got to put the ball in the hands of people who can catch consistently. As Forrest Gump said....that's all I've got to say about that...
    Lots of dropped passes, BUT the QB doesn't need to throw a 100MPH fastball at a receiver 10 feet away either. I saw some great catches as well. I liked the RAC as well on many of the completions. If we don't bobble the ball that leads to the interception or fumble a completed pass, things would be way different.....I know...Mrs. Lincoln would have had a good time at the play EXCEPT for that one thing!

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

There were some jitters early. Dropped balls, running backs trying to bounce outside instead of taking what was there, dbs trying not to get beat and going to deep into a backpedal, over pursuit, and too much air on some open receivers down field. Shoulda woulda could, proud of how they fought back, but can't give away 17 points on the road against a top10 team.

Im proud of our lines if they continue to play to the level displayed last night then this season is just getting started.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Lots of dropped passes, BUT the QB doesn't need to throw a 100MPH fastball at a receiver 10 feet away either. I saw some great catches as well. I liked the RAC as well on many of the completions. If we don't bobble the ball that leads to the interception or fumble a completed pass, things would be way different.....I know...Mrs. Lincoln would have had a good time at the play EXCEPT for that one thing!
    Snowflake

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

The ball bouncing off our WR's hands for an INT and the WR fumble with almost no contact equaled 14 points gifted to LSU. We have got to learn how to protect the football if we want to win these games. The other dropped passes were much less significant.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    The ball bouncing off our WR's hands for an INT and the WR fumble with almost no contact equaled 14 points gifted to LSU. We have got to learn how to protect the football if we want to win these games. The other dropped passes were much less significant.
    Agreed. I believe it was Hardy with the "no contact" fumble, right?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Snowflake
    Is this sarcasm? Because I was thinking the same thing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Is this sarcasm? Because I was thinking the same thing.
    Mine was sarcasm...yeah. Was mocking another poster, actually.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Mine was sarcasm...yeah. Was mocking another poster, actually.
    Weak. Y’all need a safe space cause the QB throws too hard? Drew Brees just passed a guy for the most completions in NFL history. That guy also notoriously had “no touch”.

If a ball his the receiver in his hands, the QB has fulfilled his obligation.

Google Donald Driver’s hands and come back and tell me about touch.

Snowflakes!

😂

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Weak. Y’all need a safe space cause the QB throws too hard? Drew Brees just passed a guy for the most completions in NFL history. That guy also notoriously had “no touch”.

Snowflakes!

I have a bad throwing shoulder, but I wanna throw a football with you. Say...at the next home game? We'll see if you can handle a 100mph fastball when a pass with touch on it is needed. I don't know if I can throw a football that hard anymore, but I am willing to give it a try just for you.

And this is the stupidest discussion....

anyone with even an ounce, a modicum, of football knowledge knows some passes require touch, and less oomph!

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

And this is the stupidest discussion....

anyone with even an ounce, a modicum, of football knowledge knows some passes require touch, and less oomph!
    And any receivers coach will tell you that those guys are on scholarship to catch passes. That's their job.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Oh! I'm not defending this WR corps. They are the worst in Tech history. But that doesn't change the fact that some passes require touch.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

Snowflakes!

Yes.....because you are such a bad azzz.........LOL!!!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

So delicate!

+ Reply to Thread