+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/29: @UNT Game

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 9/29: @UNT Game

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Vegas doesn’t care about respect. Had UNT not blasted Arkansas, the line would be closer to home field plus a few.
    Yes, I understand the odds and how they work. Vegas setting the line that high says the money will be heavy on UNT. That means opinion/money will be leaning heavy toward UNT which means those with the opinions/money don't respect the much heralded resumes of our AD or HC.

I want our program to improve every year, not build up the stock of our millionaire employees like Skip and TMc.

Vegas knows.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We are +8. Embarrassing...

A team with a 6th year HC is an 8pt dog to a team that was HORRIBLE 3 years ago.

Vegas knows
    The odds reflect September 29, 2018....not 2015

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The odds reflect September 29, 2018....not 2015
    My logic reflects what the odd were 3 years ago when UNT was horrible and we were up and coming.

Since then, we've flat lined and UNT has gotten better or passed us by.

That speaks to our lack of coaching, recruiting, and the complacency of our leaders.

Vegas knows.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Maybe. You can play that game at any interval though...like going back to when UNT was one of the more consistently good p5’s and we were recovering from JB3.

I don’t know that I buy the perception is reality thing anymore. It’s all pretty cyclical.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

And then they flatline. And they lose a coach. And they start over.

Thats just the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It’s all pretty cyclical.
    Why? It should not be. We should be getting better EVERY year, not this BS rebuilding crap many of our fans accept.

Our common denominator has been consistent and our leadership is happy with him for doing that.

I don't see our fan base growing from the mediocrity. Why? I think it is a combination of things, but setting the bar the same every year like winning the mythical C-USA west is not exciting to lsu fans who gradated from Tech. We need to seek to be the Central Florida or Boise State of the G5. We need those fans and we need to seek them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    And then they flatline. And they lose a coach. And they start over.

Thats just the way it goes.
    It should not have gone that way for us in 2013. We were never as bad as our Admin was telling us we were. Easy sked with horrible coaching. We've seen the same and the results every year since. It's getting boring to lifetime fans. It is certainly not appealing to those we need to appeal to.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My logic reflects what the odd were 3 years ago when UNT was horrible and we were up and coming.

Since then, we've flat lined and UNT has gotten better or passed us by.

That speaks to our lack of coaching, recruiting, and the complacency of our leaders.

Vegas knows.
    I don't know enough about UNT's real circumstances to comment. So, instead, I'll pose some questions. Is this 2018 UNT team a senior-laden squad and next year, they'll struggle to go 4-8? They were good last year, insomuch they won the west and bowled, and all of that. If they were primarily a junior level team, it would make sense that this would be an even better year for them. If that is true, then they're a flash in the pan.

But, if this a preview or coming attractions and next year they'll be even better, etc...then, yes, they have passed us by and I agree, shame on us.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

I like the way we slowed the game down last night in 2nd half
    If we can sustain drives at that pace & score pts it will help our D by keeping their offense off the field. I thought that pace really suited us well & if we convert 3rd &1 and a 4th & 1, LSU probably only scores 7 pts in 3nd half.
    We still lost the game in the first half but I thought our 2nd half game plan was much better
    Maybe we can do it fir 4 quarters. I’d love to see what we are capable of with 4 solid quarters on both sides of the ball

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

We have a SOLID Oline. There’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to do whatever we want on offense. I think if Smith starts to pull the ball out on the read and take it more than once a game, we become really dangerous. Our one/two punch at RB is as good as anybody in the conference. The key to beating NTX is not beating ourselves with turnovers and ST miscues, which we haven’t to date been able to do. If we win the turnover battle and have average to good ST play, we win next week.

Defense.

The defense will win the game in Denton....or not. Need a huge effort from the D.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Why? It should not be. We should be getting better EVERY year, not this BS rebuilding crap many of our fans accept.
    I don't know. I do know that almost nothing in the natural, financial, or governmental world experiences straight line growth. Maybe it's because other teams are working to get better too. Sometimes you make bad hires. I want what you want too, but we need to acknowledge that the Boise's and TCU's are the exceptions, not the rule. When I got serious about my Tech fandom, JBIII had just taken over. Had you asked me then if I would've been okay with where we are now, I would've taken it all day long. Sure, things have changed and CUSA isn't what it used to be, but we've taken a step forward from where we were.

I, like you, think we need to work as hard as we can to make Tech a destination for FANS. Money will follow and we'll be in the best position to make a jump if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Now, whether our fans accept mediocrity, I don't know what to tell you. My check isn't enough to affect change at Tech...I'm working on that. Just like every program, we have a small group of money men. I suppose a few of them post here, but the average fan here on BBB isn't the problem. If we want to get where you want to be, home games need to be well attended and those money men are going to have to push us past minority.

I plan to be one ASAP, but it may take a little bit.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy thecolonyeagle is an unknown

I don't know enough about UNT's real circumstances to comment. So, instead, I'll pose some questions. Is this 2018 UNT team a senior-laden squad and next year, they'll struggle to go 4-8? They were good last year, insomuch they won the west and bowled, and all of that. If they were primarily a junior level team, it would make sense that this would be an even better year for them. If that is true, then they're a flash in the pan.

But, if this a preview or coming attractions and next year they'll be even better, etc...then, yes, they have passed us by and I agree, shame on us.
    Fine and the entire offense comes back next year. (I think we lose one 0-lineman)

Quote Originally Posted by thecolonyeagle View Post
    Fine and the entire offense comes back next year. (I think we lose one 0-lineman)
    And the defense and the special teams, like the kickers?

Puppy thecolonyeagle is an unknown

And the defense and the special teams, like the kickers?
    We do have some seniors on defense (six I believe?) We will be rebuilding the D a bit. Our returners will be back. the punter is young. Our kicker is a grad transfer and only here for one year

+ Reply to Thread