+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/29: @UNT Game

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 9/29: @UNT Game

Rivalries...

One of the complaints, concerns, for us has been a lack of a genuine rival, or rivals. We know that the UL-Xs want to be our rivals, and in one measure, they are. But, they do not measure up and they are both relegated to our past. Our time in the Big West and then the WAC left us on a geographical island, and with the ever-changing membership....especially the loss of the EWAC...we were never able to develop a proper rivalry. Yeah, we despised Nevada, Hawaii, Boazy, and especially Fresno, but no real rivalry developed beyond the obvious struggle for the conference title.

USM has become a rivalry, of sorts. Not sure how the Mustard Buzzards see it, but from my POV, they have become a rival, beyond the importance of the game regarding who wins the West Division of CUSA.

Now...here is UNT. We don't have much of a history with UNT, back to their days as North Texas State, even though we shared conference membership at times, like in the old Southland Conference. But, this is now and I see us sharing conference membership with UNT for the foreseeable future. I had thought, and still think, there can be some "angst" between us and UTSA. We've already seen some bad blood....mostly because they are punk thugs. But, simply not liking someone is not grounds to establish a rivalry.

A rival, to me, has two key components:

1) You don't like them.
    2) You respect them.

And, you only respect them when they best you on the field of competition, fair and square. When you know they will always be a "tough nut to crack" no matter what kind of seasons both sides are having. And when they achieve success beyond what they do in direct competition with you. In other words, they develop a resume' on their own merit...not merely being a thorn in your side.

Is UNT a "rivalry" in the making? It has that potential.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PlummMeanGreen View Post
    The main difference for UNT this game will be our defense. It’s a Night & Day kind of difference compared to last year.
    Plus our team speed is much better. Not at last year’s FAU level but I think close to it.

I predicted a blowout on Harry’s board strictly for fun, but I fully expect a close & most exciting game.

Is yalls marching band coming to this game?

Safe driving to & fro’.
    The defense has been the most surprising thing for North Texas. We knew Fine was good. I'm interested to see how the defense does against us. And how our defense does against you.

Puppy meangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her game

Unt Re: 9/29: @UNT Game

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Is UNT a "rivalry" in the making? It has that potential.
    I think it can be, if we battle each other for the West crown for several years. NT had the same issue of being geographically isolated from conference teams for a very long time. We've played NMSU more than any other team, but it's hard to have a rivalry with someone 10 hours away. SMU and NT despise each other, but SMU wants to hang on to "we can't be a rival with NTSU because we used to be in the SWC." If you ever read their fan boards though, they absolutely hate the thought of losing to us. UTSA I think is looking for a rivalry with us, but we have the holier than thou attitude against them.

LaTech is a program most North Texas fans respect. When we returned to 1A, programs like yours and Boise St were our aspiration. If we have to battle each other for division/conference championships, the dislike will come naturally.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by meangreennews View Post
    I think it can be, if we battle each other for the West crown for several years. NT had the same issue of being geographically isolated from conference teams for a very long time. We've played NMSU more than any other team, but it's hard to have a rivalry with someone 10 hours away. SMU and NT despise each other, but SMU wants to hang on to "we can't be a rival with NTSU because we used to be in the SWC." If you ever read their fan boards though, they absolutely hate the thought of losing to us. UTSA I think is looking for a rivalry with us, but we have the holier than thou attitude against them.

LaTech is a program most North Texas fans respect. When we returned to 1A, programs like yours and Boise St were our aspiration. If we have to battle each other for division/conference championships, the dislike will come naturally.
    been to at least 6 games over there -brothers in Grapevine and sister in law graduated from there. I pull for CUSA teams - we need the conference to get respect .. pretty much WK and you guys battle for division. I have never gone to a CUSA game that fan base was not hospitable ... looking forward to Saturday -- 9 family members coming -- Vegas wants folks to bet on NT -reason line is so tempting , only 7 points is because we will win or at least cover the line ... ( just being smart ass but serious you will need your A game -- )

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NTTHOR View Post
    https://twitter.com/MeanGreenFB/stat...73249560563713

wearing throwback uniforms saturday....check out the video...pretty cool, especially if you're a steelers fan

gonna be an awesome day of tailgating and a great game!
    If I remember correctly, when Hayden Frye was HC he wanted to emulate champions. Hence the Steeler like uniforms.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    If I remember correctly, when Hayden Frye was HC he wanted to emulate champions. Hence the Steeler like uniforms.
    I believe that is when he went to Iowa, not at UNT.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I think you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I think you are right.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

FWIW there is no "West crown". There's a C-USA crown.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Just like 2 years ago in Denton.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Except the right helmet decal this season

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Playing around with photoshop, how about gray pants? Seeing that MBB and WBB adopted this neutral color, should we add it to FB?

gray_pants.jpg

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Playing around with photoshop, how about gray pants? Seeing that MBB and WBB adopted this neutral color, should we add it to FB?

Attachment 14339
    Interesting option. Gray could be an interesting to have available, since both basketball teams use it as well, i dont oppose. Id like to see more, though.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    No

+ Reply to Thread