+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/29: @UNT Game

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: 9/29: @UNT Game

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We can beat anyone left on the sched if we don’t Tech or Holtz it up.
    If we could clean up the ST crap and get more consistent play from the WR position, we are a top #25 team at seasons end. That all starts with winning TODAY!! Go DAWGZ!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    If we could clean up the ST crap and get more consistent play from the WR position, we are a top #25 team at seasons end. That all starts with winning TODAY!! Go DAWGZ!!
    A Top 25 team? I certainly hope so.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

LA Tech fans need 4 solid quarters from Skip Holtz's team for a change.

- For the last 2 yrs, Holtz and company have given us 2 good quarters and 2 bad quarters in almost every game. Its the reason we lost 3 games by 1 pt, and another in double OT last season. Look it up.

- This year has been the same MO. The Dawgs played well for a while against USA, and then went to sleep and barely hung on for a 30-26 victory.

- Against Southern U, the Dawgs jumped out to a 21-0 lead, and almost in the blink of an eye, the score was suddenly 21-14.

- Last week against LSU.....LA Tech played horrible in the 1st qtr, and eventually fell behind by an absurd 24-0. But Tech played well just before the half, and played so good in the 3rd qtr that they closed the gap to 24-21. Then, the "ugly team" made another appearance in the 4th qtr and it was game over, 38 to 21.

How about this, Skip? Just give us Tech fans 4 solid --not perfect-- but SOLID, quarters of football today. If you do that, the Dawgs will win, 38-31.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

- For the last 2 yrs, Holtz and company have given us 2 good quarters and 2 bad quarters in almost every game. Its the reason we lost 3 games by 1 pt, and another in double OT last season. Look it up.

- This year has been the same MO. The Dawgs played well for a while against USA, and then went to sleep and barely hung on for a 30-26 victory.

- Against Southern U, the Dawgs jumped out to a 21-0 lead, and almost in the blink of an eye, the score was suddenly 21-14.

- Last week against LSU.....LA Tech played horrible in the 1st qtr, and eventually fell behind by an absurd 24-0. But Tech played well just before the half, and played so good in the 3rd qtr that they closed the gap to 24-21. Then, the "ugly team" made another appearance in the 4th qtr and it was game over, 38 to 21.

How about this, Skip? Just give us Tech fans 4 solid --not perfect-- but SOLID, quarters of football today. If you do that, the Dawgs will win, 38-31.
    You should be thankful for 2 solid quarters and never ask for anything more than that! You must be one of those ungrateful millennials obsessed with silly things like winning important games.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There was no prediction thread this week. Is that because there is a lack of confidence anything good will come of the game today? I hope not.

I disagree with HD about the score if the Dawgs play FOUR solid quarters. Of course, I'm not sure how he's defining "solid?" Might just be "okay." But, if he means "good" then the Dawgs will win by more than one TD.

I'm gonna say we play well...

Dawgs 31 UNT 21

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Tell me how you can blame the head coach for the fumble and the weird interception at LSU?! Please tell me how. As I see it we had a very good game plan for playing a team with the 4 star guys. Our team played extremely well but the turnovers just killed us! The coach didn't fumble or cause the weird interception. Get real!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post
    Tell me how you can blame the head coach for the fumble and the weird interception at LSU?! Please tell me how. As I see it we had a very good game plan for playing a team with the 4 star guys. Our team played extremely well but the turnovers just killed us! The coach didn't fumble or cause the weird interception. Get real!
    Who knows how that game goes without those turnovers. And those were not in his control.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post
    I’ve been critical of the coaching, but I do think it was better than usual for this game. The 4th and 1 call being the exception. But Holtz did take responsibility for that call.

Having said that, we have trouble playing a complete game. At some point, you have to blame the coaching.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    There was no prediction thread this week. Is that because there is a lack of confidence anything good will come of the game today? I hope not.

I disagree with HD about the score if the Dawgs play FOUR solid quarters. Of course, I'm not sure how he's defining "solid?" Might just be "okay." But, if he means "good" then the Dawgs will win by more than one TD.

I'm gonna say we play well...

Dawgs 31 UNT 21
    I say Arkansas is weak and lsu is strong!

Tech 36
    UNT 31

For those of you asking for a complete game...I offer the Frisco Bowl. That was as close to a full 4 quarters as I've seen under Holtz.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I’ve been critical of the coaching, but I do think it was better than usual for this game. The 4th and 1 call being the exception. But Holtz did take responsibility for that call.

Having said that, we have trouble playing a complete game. At some point, you have to blame the coaching.
    The buck stops with the coach. Even for performance. His job is to extract a good performance from the players on the field. Maybe that's recruiting them, or teaching them to grab the football, or pulling them from the game when they don't perform, or calling plays that call for throws downfield instead of behind the LoS.

Many ways for the players to lose a game (or win). The question is, what does Holtz do about it?

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Saying it now...

Tech 34
    UNT 13

Dawgs prove who's best

Made a trip to the liquor store for some trademarked La Tech Football Heart Medicine. So bring it on.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I will snap if we don’t call a fair catch on the kickoffs that are short of the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I will snap if we don’t call a fair catch on the kickoffs that are short of the end zone.
    You can't have any of my heart medicine, I need it all.

+ Reply to Thread