+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/29: @UNT Game

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/29: @UNT Game

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Hope it rains. Favors run game.
    No no no... I'm driving to Denton from San Antonio. It had better not rain!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Maybe fair, but not respectable. It should have opened around 6 considering the situations at both programs. Like I said. Vegas knows.
    I have Tech + 7.5. O/U was not posted at the time. I think we win straight up. Vegas knows how to even the money, as the spread is not based on who will win, as you know.

Puppy NTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I have Tech + 7.5. O/U was not posted at the time. I think we win straight up. Vegas knows how to even the money, as the spread is not based on who will win, as you know.
    why do you think la tech will win?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NTTHOR View Post
    We won't. We we declare to have been competitive.

Our HC will allow our QB to be sacked for losses in fear that he may get a hang nail.

Our HC will demand that our punt returner will watch the ball be downed or go out inside the 10 at least 3 time will result in a punt from us.

Our HC will have our rugby punter attempt to punt the ball 20 yards, but he will only punt it 10. This will happen 3 times as well.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Defense.

The defense will win the game in Denton....or not. Need a huge effort from the D.
    Defense is gold in the fort. How do you rate our defense overall? LB play appears better than most expected, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thecolonyeagle View Post
    I'm fun but only because everyone I hang out with is terrible at being fun

So my fun has no credibility.

It's why I'm on this board....to see what real fun it.
    Man, I think Tech fans have realized the importance of this game for quite a while. No one is knocking your team. It is too early to tell how good any team really is. Our QB had probably his best game of his career. Can he be consistent is the question and all Tech fans know it. Your guy is unquestionably very good - and we all know it.

Puppy NTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her gameNTTHOR is on top of his/her game

Defense is gold in the fort. How do you rate our defense overall? LB play appears better than most expected, at least to me.
    honestly, don't have a clue

held lsu to 37...but allowed usa to 26

allow about the same passing yards and rushing yards....is that a good thing? is la tech better at 1 over the other? have ya'll had backups playing a lot of minutes to where the stats could be padded? north texas has had backups in the 3rd for smu/iwa/liberty...fourth for arkansas

so many questions for this game...is north texas as good as the 4-0 says? is la tech as good as the 2-1 and lsu game?

guess we find out saturday

Because I'm a Tech fan. I also think we have a good defense and defense still wins football games. I also am banking on our QB finally becoming the QB we have been told he can be. I said at the end of last year that he is in the point of his career that if he improves each game this season and learns from Tim Rattay, he would be a good QB. He seems to be doing that, but he must be consistent which he has not been. We'll find out Saturday. He should run more than he has, IMHO. It could be he is told not to.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We won't. We we declare to have been competitive.

Our HC will allow our QB to be sacked for losses in fear that he may get a hang nail.

Our HC will demand that our punt returner will watch the ball be downed or go out inside the 10 at least 3 time will result in a punt from us.

Our HC will have our rugby punter attempt to punt the ball 20 yards, but he will only punt it 10. This will happen 3 times as well.
    This is the wildcard in every game we play. I think our safe effective FG range is about 40 yards, and I use the term safe VERY LOOSELY . How is it possible to be average to bad in ST every friggin year?

Because I'm a Tech fan. I also think we have a good defense and defense still wins football games. I also am banking on our QB finally becoming the QB we have been told he can be. I said at the end of last year that he is in the point of his career that if he improves each game this season and learns from Tim Rattay, he would be a good QB. He seems to be doing that, but he must be consistent which he has not been. We'll find out Saturday. He should run more than he has, IMHO. It could be he is told not to.
    and please don't think this is me being a troll or a shitty other fan school, my post history would show i'm not, but you think la tech will win because:

1. you are a fan (i don't pick north texas every game just because i'm a fan...i know the limitations of my school)
    2. your defense (makes sense)...may i ask, what part of your defense has handled an offense like north texas? lsu shut it down after they were up 24 and la tech allowed 26 to usa...north texas did not allow crappy teams to score like usa
    3. you are banking on your qb "finally becoming the qb we have been told he can be"...so he is not there yet...so you think he will become this person saturday all of a sudden?

again, i'm not a troll, just questioning your thought process. i may be proven wrong, but your reasoning is on some hopes to where as north texas has a proven qb and defense and has shut down and destroyed inferior opponents, unlike la tech

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

and please don't think this is me being a troll or a shitty other fan school, my post history would show i'm not, but you think la tech will win because:

1. you are a fan (i don't pick north texas every game just because i'm a fan...i know the limitations of my school)
    2. your defense (makes sense)...may i ask, what part of your defense has handled an offense like north texas? lsu shut it down after they were up 24 and la tech allowed 26 to usa...north texas did not allow crappy teams to score like usa
    3. you are banking on your qb "finally becoming the qb we have been told he can be"...so he is not there yet...so you think he will become this person saturday all of a sudden?

again, i'm not a troll, just questioning your thought process. i may be proven wrong, but your reasoning is on some hopes to where as north texas has a proven qb and defense and has shut down and destroyed inferior opponents, unlike la tech
    I think we have no idea what to expect.

We stood up fairly well in various aspects against lsu defensively but I think Fine's offense is much more potent. The run defense is also a liability sometimes. Against USA, the defense seemed to get tired in the 4th.

I really don't think we can bank on our QB. Most people here are ready to anoint him the savior because he finally had a good game after 16 starts. I'm optimistic, especially against the defense he faced, but I'm not ready to bet the farm on improvement or consistency. I think he's still hobbled by coaching calls and deep field inaccuracy.

Overall I think I put our chances at around 60-65%. Cautiously optimistic.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Why I think Tech CAN win

(1) After 3 games, the Oline has really gelled and is doing a solid job, even against very good defenses. They excelled in run blocking and pass pro, even against a top 10 defense full of NFL talent like LSU.

(2) We have some good athletes at skill positions. I would say our RB combo is as good or better than anybody in CUSA. They really impressed me in their ability to pick up the blitz against LSU. I don't remember seeing them miss a single one. Our WR are excellent athletes that can pose some very real matchup problems for defenses (more on them later).

(3) Smith has gotten better every game, and he's not making mistakes with the football. If he will start pulling the ball on the read option and running on some pass plays, he can be very dangerous.

(4) Defense has its moments. We finally have depth and a lock down corner in Amik.

What makes me nervous about this game

(1) Of course, # 1 is gonna be Fine. He will be the best QB we have faced this year, and will probably be the best we face all year. Can our LB contain him? Can we get enough pressure to force some bad throws?

(2) Our special teams are apt to implode at any time. We don't have a FG kicker that can make a FG over 40 yards. Our punter may kick one 45 yards, then again it might be 10.

(3) We have some great athletes at WR, but they have been wildly inconsistent. We can't drop lots of catchable balls and win. Also Smith has to connect on the fly routes, which has been inconsistent.

(4) We can't turn the ball over, which we have been prone to doing.

North Texas is a good team this year, but they aren't the best team we've played. North Texas won't be able to say the same, as the Tech team that comes to town is more talented than any that North Texas has played so far this year. If we clean up the mistakes on ST and limit turnovers, I think we can win it. It's gonna be a good game for sure, and will determine who represents the West in CUSA.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

On paper, UNT should be favorite, and they are. Homefield advantage is worth 10 pts, in general.

Our D will win this game, or not. If UNT had a pathetic defense I would hold out the possibility of out-scoring them in a shootout. But, they don't have a pathetic defense. We know the limitations of our offense. It's basically stuck in the low 20's with 23 being the ceiling of its potential. We have seen it for the past 17 games, with Smith at QB.

In this game, our D can't just get off the field forcing punts. Although, of course, that will be absolutely necessary too. We need turnovers setting up our O on a short field, and probably a defensive TD as well. So far our D has been disappointing. Again, maybe that's because I had such high hopes coming into the season. We've only played 3 games, so there is time for this D to get it together and start performing. This Saturday would be a very good time for that.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    On paper, UNT should be favorite, and they are. Homefield advantage is worth 10 pts, in general.

Our D will win this game, or not. If UNT had a pathetic defense I would hold out the possibility of out-scoring them in a shootout. But, they don't have a pathetic defense. We know the limitations of our offense. It's basically stuck in the low 20's with 23 being the ceiling of its potential. We have seen it for the past 17 games, with Smith at QB.

In this game, our D can't just get off the field forcing punts. Although, of course, that will be absolutely necessary too. We need turnovers setting up our O on a short field, and probably a defensive TD as well. So far our D has been disappointing. Again, maybe that's because I had such high hopes coming into the season. We've only played 3 games, so there is time for this D to get it together and start performing. This Saturday would be a very good time for that.
    I think 10 points is a little much.

North Texas has averaged 48.75 points per game this season. Admittedly that number is bloated by those 6 interceptions Arkansas gave up. Anyhow if we hold them to 3 TD's below their season average they still score 28 points, so we must score more than 23. IMO if we only score 23 Saturday, we will leave Denton with a loss. Fine is probably going to have a good game. Our job is to not give him the short field make him earn everything he gets. In the Arkansas game, North texas only outgained the Razorbacks 376-336 and Arkansas actually had 2 more first downs. We just have to protect the ball, take care of special teams and keep Fine from throwing for 400-500 yards. I think our secondary is up to the task, especially with a strong pass rush.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Most pundits say 7-10 pts. I just picked the high end.

+ Reply to Thread