+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wake Forest

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Wake Forest

Smallest enrollment in P5...5,000 undergrads. Have the smallest stadium too, seats 31K.

They had hoped for 36K yesterday vs. Notre Dame, but the heat (it was 90F at kickoff) kept the crowd down. They had opened the grassy hills in both EZs to accommodate the extra 5K. The shady area under the scoreboard was packed. The stands largely empty. The actual attendance fell short of 30K.

90F is warm, yeah, but it's not so brutal that it should have kept the crowd size down for Notre Dame!

If Wake was not grandfathered in, they would not be in a P5 conference. Would probably be in the AAC or maybe even CUSA.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Wake Forest

It's teams like WF that make me wish a relegation/promotion system would work for college football.

But it'd be impossible to implement - the conferences cover too many sports and spill over into academics.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Smallest enrollment in P5...5,000 undergrads. Have the smallest stadium too, seats 31K.

They had hoped for 36K yesterday vs. Notre Dame, but the heat (it was 90F at kickoff) kept the crowd down. They had opened the grassy hills in both EZs to accommodate the extra 5K. The shady area under the scoreboard was packed. The stands largely empty. The actual attendance fell short of 30K.

90F is warm, yeah, but it's not so brutal that it should have kept the crowd size down for Notre Dame!

If Wake was not grandfathered in, they would not be in a P5 conference. Would probably be in the AAC or maybe even CUSA.
    Basketball is their thing...they makes lots of money in that sport
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

I know Washington St has a tiny one, like just over 30K.

I like the way my softball league does it. The teams that finish 1st and 2nd move up a division, and the teams that finish last and 2nd to last move down a division.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    I know Washington St has a tiny one,
    TWSS.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    I know Washington St has a tiny one, like just over 30K.

I like the way my softball league does it. The teams that finish 1st and 2nd move up a division, and the teams that finish last and 2nd to last move down a division.
    That's the way it is done in English soccer leagues too.

+ Reply to Thread