+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drew Brees

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Re: Drew Brees

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The bad news for the rest of the league is that Ingram is back next week. 3-1 without him is quite an accomplishment.
    Defense looks to be getting their feet under them as well. The whole league seems to be struggling on defense. Even the Rams got lit up by the Vikings and vv. TONS of offensive records have been set in the first 4 games ...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Brees might pass Manning with a few minutes to spare in the 1st half.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Congrats to Drew!

Now...focus on getting that second Super Bowl title.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

#9 is pretty good at throwing that football -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Needs to get another ring to put the debate to rest.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

That's really the only legitimate knock against him. He needs one more. Both Manning brothers have 2. Drew should have 2 at least.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

He plays for the Saints -

Arguable the WORST FRANCHISE in the history of the NFL....

The fact that during his 12+ year tenure he has - won a Super Bowl, went to TWO NFC Championship games, 5 Divisional Championships, 6 playoff appearance 7 playoff victories (7-5 record), 6 winning seasons (116-81 record 59%) and the worse record in a season being 7-9 - that is MONUMENTAL STUFF

Especially considering the fact in the 38 years prior to his arrival there was ONE divisional championship with ONE playoff win in five playoff appearance only 7 winning seasons and a cumulative regular season record of 264-347 which equates to 43% win percentage

I would argue that there is NO OTHER qb that has done what he has done in the history of the NFL in reversing a franchise's fortunes given a 40+ year time span....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not the worst franchise since the Saints joined the league in 1967. And not the worst in NFL history either, not with the new Cleveland Browns anyway. Also, going back to '67, how about the Detroit Lions, I think they have one playoff win in that time period. Of the current 32 franchises, 5 have never reached a Super Bowl, and about half the league has never won a Super Bowl. We are 1-0, baby!

Yes, there is a marked difference in the results between, Pre-Brees/Payton (1967-2005) and the Brees/Payton era (2006 - ???). But, placing Brees on the GOAT list in the history of the NFL is not about comparing the new Saints to the old Saints. It's how does Brees measure up in comparison to all the greats: Sid Luckman, Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh (who my dad says was the greatest QB ever), Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, John Elway, Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, and several others...

It's kind of like arguing who was the best team of all time. Different eras, different circumstances...lots of VERY AWESOME teams!

For me, Brees is one of the all-time Top 5 greatest QBs. We can argue exactly where in the top 5, but we'd be splitting hairs, and it would come down to the criteria you weighted the most.

BTW, on the question of the GOAT running backs, I have my vote: Barry Sanders

I agree Jim

I actually think Marino would be the GOAT if he played in today's game - look what he did while folks were literally trying to take his head of and defensive backs could touch a receiver

RB's - hard to argue with Barry Sanders, but he would be my #2 behind SWEETNESS and slightly ahead of #3 the Tyler Rose Earl Campbell

What set all three of them apart was the fact THEY WERE IT on their team - and yet NO ONE could stop them

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I agree Jim

I actually think Marino would be the GOAT if he played in today's game - look what he did while folks were literally trying to take his head of and defensive backs could touch a receiver

RB's - hard to argue with Barry Sanders, but he would be my #2 behind SWEETNESS and slightly ahead of #3 the Tyler Rose Earl Campbell

What set all three of them apart was the fact THEY WERE IT on their team - and yet NO ONE could stop them
    You forgot about Emmitt Smith, who won 3 Super Bowls, and became the NFL's all-time leading rusher over his 15-yr career. Geez......talk about the Man of Steel!

The problem with Barry Sanders is, he never won a meaningful game.

As I've posted before, Earl Campbell made the single best run I've ever seen at any level of football. It was on Monday night football against the Miami Dolphins. I'll never forget him breaking thru the LOS, heading down the sideline. And when Miami's "Killer B's" DB's were closing in on Campbell, he kicked himself into overdrive, and hit another gear. He left 'em all in his dust. AMAZING run.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You forgot about Emmitt Smith, who won 3 Super Bowls, and became the NFL's all-time leading rusher over his 15-yr career. Geez......talk about the Man of Steel!

The problem with Barry Sanders is, he never won a meaningful game.

As I've posted before, Earl Campbell made the single best run I've ever seen at any level of football. It was on Monday night football against the Miami Dolphins. I'll never forget him breaking thru the LOS, heading down the sideline. And when Miami's "Killer B's" DB's were closing in on Campbell, he kicked himself into overdrive, and hit another gear. He left 'em all in his dust. AMAZING run.
    Emmit is certainly one of the greatest all around RBs, but the teams he had were lightyears better than any team Sanders played on.

I think Brees is already in the conversation for top 10 all time, but to really be in the conversation of GOAT he needs another ring. Both Mannings have 2, Brees needs 2.

I'm not a Tom Brady fan, but he has pretty impressive stats and 5 rings is hard to compete with. If anybody could come after him with 1 ring it would be Brees, but I don't think he can. He needs another.

Emmitt Smith was salty, no doubt about it. If I were building a pro football team and the GM said, "I signed a rookie RB...Emmitt Smith." I'd be VERY OK with that, thankyaverymuch.

But, Smith was part of some great teams, they won what? 3 or 4 Super Bowls in the early '90's. They had at least 3 pro bowlers on the OL, Allen, Newton, Tuniei , maybe another one. HogDawg makes a good point...Detroit just didn't see the playoffs...maybe once or twice....because the Lions sucked! YET! Barry Sanders was awesome! even on a crappy team.

Yes, I love Sweetness! And, don't forget the Kansas Comet! and Jim Brown! all great ones.

Saints 45 Rams 35

Fun game to watch! Brees showed Goff the old guy still has it. And again, with the game on the line facing a 3rd and 10, no one open, Brees takes off and dives, throws his body across the line, first down! That's what real QBs do. That's what winners do.

Saints have a tough schedule left. But, we need to be the #1 seed in the NFC, have homefield advantage for the playoffs. Let's get it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The Rams are really good. They got chunks of yards all day. When it counted, the Saints dug in and got it done on defense.

+ Reply to Thread