+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trap Game ??

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Trap Game ??

First of all this is just random thought -- we talk about Trap games all the time so lets reverse it-- on paper North Texas getting votes as top 25 team and playing really good football BUT for some reason Vegas has it as 7 point game-( include the 3 point home advantage). Its like Vegas is begging folks to bet NT -- that a lot of support for Tech which is a good thing .

unless something goes goofy after this game the winner should coast to division title -- plenty of excuses for early jitters at LSU but NO excuse for our A game Saturday !!

Anyone know status of Dancy-- he missed most of LSU game after injury -- Holtz may have decided to save him for this game ( which is ok with me)

Just take this thread for what it is-idle thoughts about what I would be thinking if I were NT fan-- Trap game??

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Trap Game ??

Homefield advantage is 7-10 pts and the HISTORIC stats support that. Actually, if you're looking for an exact number it is 7.8 pts. Might as well say 8. But, it varies a little (7-10) across the 130 teams in FBS because some teams really have a homefield advantage...and some don't. Like Rice... they would get the lowest number, 7, because 12,000 people in a 70K seat stadium offers the Owls no real advantage.

Here is the site:

https://sites.google.com/site/sports...llege-football

Puppy meangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her game

Unt Re: Trap Game ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    what I would be thinking if I were NT fan-- Trap game??
    Liberty was the trap game. It was sandwiched between a big SEC win and the first conference game against a top contender in CUSA West. We play UTEP at home next, no way we are peeking ahead to that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

BTW, I hope some you don't think that homefield advantage means the home team will win by 7-10 pts guaranteed. Still have to consider the actual quality of the teams involved. But, y'all knew that.

As for a trap game? This doesn't meet the definition for either side.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

home field advantage has always been about 3 points. I spent a lot of time in my 20s booking bets -- learned how to spot a trap bet-- key is see how line moves later this week . Told folks the LSU game was Vegas at its best, betters assumed an easy win for LSU/gamblers-- vegas won big. ULL 52 point underdog vs Alabama --who the Heck bets that ??

now NFL studies show home field advantage is not as big a deal anymore-- 42% of vistors win against the line . google and it shows 3pt is NFL average home field .. that said , Dawg80 may be talking about college and NFL players are not subject to intimidation as a rule ..

Quote Originally Posted by meangreennews View Post
    Liberty was the trap game. It was sandwiched between a big SEC win and the first conference game against a top contender in CUSA West. We play UTEP at home next, no way we are peeking ahead to that.
    I am expecting a great game. no argument with your logic -- l remember flying out to LA when Tech was in top 25 and USC was having tough year -- we got off to bad start and they won and covered line easily -- if you guys do win the division I will pull for you against FAU . Mean Green has always been hospitable

+ Reply to Thread