+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UAB Game Brisket Cook Off October 6

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

UAB Game Brisket Cook Off October 6

Curious if anyone on the board is thinking about this. I'm waiting to find out how big the brisket is, what's the USDA grade & if we can cook in our usual tailgate area.

https://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/rd/interior.aspx?sid=810&gid=1&pgid=1978&cid=3332&eci d=3332&crid=0&calpgid=1855&calcid=3202

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UAB Game Brisket Cook Off October 6

What are they going to do with all that cooked brisket? I'm sure the cooking crews will eat some.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Guess it depends on how big the brisket is and how much they need for judging. They can have the brisket samples, but I'd like the rest of mine to go to my tailgate crew. Providing I decide to enter. If it's not choice or certified Angus brisket I won't enter.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone on here entered and does anyone know what the turn in time will be or the average size of the briskets? Not really interested in pulling an all-nighter.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Wasn't the winning brisket a couple of years ago a pre-cooked/sliced one from Super1?
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Wasn't the winning brisket a couple of years ago a pre-cooked/sliced one from Super1?
    How much did you pay??

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Has anyone on here entered and does anyone know what the turn in time will be or the average size of the briskets? Not really interested in pulling an all-nighter.
    They told me the briskets are select grade, 15 - 18 lbs, turn in time is 4:30 - 5:00 pm. No designated cooking area. Pick up briskets from Super One on Thursday.

Since I've got a tailgate to tend to, an all nighter isn't in the cards. I'm not sure they realized how long those size briskets would take. And I hate working with select grade. I was forced to do one a couple weekends ago and it didn't come up to my standards. Sure not going to do a select for competition so I decided to pass.

Varsity Bulldog larhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of light

Hey, what you talking about Evil. I took that brisket, with great precision, from the package and then meticulously placed it on the grill.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by larhob View Post
    Hey, what you talking about Evil. I took that brisket, with great precision, from the package and then meticulously placed it on the grill.
    OVQB Club still winning bigly!

+ Reply to Thread