+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I-20 Traffic Warning (State Line LA/TX)

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Warning I-20 Traffic Warning (State Line LA/TX)

Pawdawg just texted me and said that traffic is really bad at the stateline. The road narrows to one lane and gets congested. If you can go around it (US 80) then try to do so.

My recommendation is to download WAZE and use it.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: I-20 Traffic Warning (State Line LA/TX)

There's no good way to go around it that I've found....unfortunately.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Can you get off at green wood and take hwy 80 ? Will this be a problem at 8:00am Saturday?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Can you get off at green wood and take hwy 80 ? Will this be a problem at 8:00am Saturday?
    You can do that and get back on in Waskom.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    You can do that and get back on in Waskom.
    I was going to post that exact same thing.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

You can but I found that so many people were doing the same thing it was about 6 one way and a half dozen the other

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

How long are the delays? Looks like there are multiple construction zones on I-20. You can run backroads out of Shreveport to Jefferson through Dangerfield and hit 380 through McKinney.

About two or three beers oughtta get you through the delay

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Pawdawg just texted me and said that traffic is really bad at the stateline. The road narrows to one lane and gets congested. If you can go around it (US 80) then try to do so.

When I saw the title of the thread I was going to post the exact same thing.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Had no trouble at all getting through it on the drive to Denton Saturday. We barely even slowed down. It was really bad coming home yesterday afternoon, though.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post

Google Maps and Waze are awesome. Except I turned them on too late Sunday afternoon. I took the first Waskom exit and went to the old standby, US 80, and saved at least 30 minutes. Whomever invented those two apps are brilliant when it comes to interstate slowdowns.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Google Maps and Waze are awesome. Except I turned them on too late Sunday afternoon. I took the first Waskom exit and went to the old standby, US 80, and saved at least 30 minutes. Whomever invented those two apps are brilliant when it comes to interstate slowdowns.
    Yes, it saved us some time this weekend, but it did not try to direct us around the state line deal on the way. It was not a big deal on the way home, but we were there around noonish.

Note: The app did try to make us stay on I-20 instead of taking 80 at Terrell. It wanted us to go all the way down to 175, I took a gamble and hit 80 as usual and it was all good.

+ Reply to Thread