+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/6: UAB Game

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Re: 10/6: UAB Game

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    No, he can't play college level baseball. We learned that 2 years ago. Can't hit. Can't judge a fly ball.
    But still ....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    No, he can't play college level baseball. We learned that 2 years ago. Can't hit. Can't judge a fly ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Not sure your intent with the edit(s). But I know this, if Smith would forget football, and provided he actually is good at baseball, then we might have a good football team and a good baseball team.

Smith has now had 19 career starts at QB. We are 10-9. About half of those 9 losses are his fault. None of those 10 wins are because of him. That's all anyone, with a brain, needs to know.
    Okay...scratch baseball too.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Zac Champion > JMar

Ross Jenkins > JMar

Taylor Bennet > JMar

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Troy destroys C Carolina & Coastal beat UAB
    But Skip will swear UAB is the real deal
    He needs to admit it’s time to find a running game & a consistent QB

Big Dog Heavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really nice Heavyarms's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Not that I have a problem with this, but I have no respect for this team. They spent several minutes on two different occasions trash talking fans in the stands and their coaches did nothing about it. Total lack of class and I hope, against all evidence available, that we embarrass them in their house next chance we get.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I've thought he is better than you and others suggest. If you think I'm a J'Mar worshiper, either you don't read well or are convoluted by your own presuppositions. I think he is a hesitant but decent runner. I also believe he has become much more poised in the pocket and makes decent throws the majority of time. There are people outside of the program who believe he is more than capable. You seem to try to find evidence to support your conclusions beyond normal objectivity. I'm actually surprised you call him "serviceable" in light of the vitriol you often spew towards him. I think you aren't balanced in your critic.
    Rafe, you reevaluating this any this morning?

Big Dog Heavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really nice Heavyarms's Avatar

His play last night was a result of how bad the o-line performed. It was a jailbreak in the backfield on just about every play.

On the plus side, J'mar finally used his legs.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Worst football i have seen since Larry Beightol was here and thankfully we fired him!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Worst football i have seen since Larry Beightol was here and thankfully we fired him!
    After just ten games too.

Definitely the worst game I've seen in person at the Joe in 20 years.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Day after thoughts

1. Special teams is still special. Even sunbelt teams have kickers that can kick it out of the end zone. We have scholarship players who can’t. That’s unacceptable. One of our punters is clearly better than the other. Stop playing the other one. Stop giving scholarships to punters who can’t punt. Our coverage scheme is bad.

2. Defense was solid through halftime. They had one breakdown in the secondary on an all out blitz package and it cost us 7, but we lost by more than 7. They wore the defense down. If the QB had made his easy screen and short passes they would have won by a lot more. Early in the game the defense did its job and got off the field with 3 and outs.

3. Offense was nonexistent. I haven’t seen and offensive performance that bad at the joe in sometime. It was pathetic. We absolutely suck on 3rd downs. 2-13 is as bad as it gets. Two fumbles. One interception. Just crappy bad. I saw J’Mar run that stupid slow read option 15 freaking times! It doesn’t work. Stop it please. Cox ran it on his one play and we actually gained yards. I found myself hoping J’Mar would lose his helmet every play so we could get a new QB in.

4. Coaching was worse than our offense. Skip is frustrating because he can coach games and look good and because he can coach games and look like an idiot. Yesterday he looked like a 1st year head coach who didn’t know what was going on. Slow read didn’t work, next play...slow read. Slow read didn’t work, next play...slow read. Screen pass didn’t get us 15 yards, next play...screen pass. We ran maybe six different offensive plays last night.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Revf, you forgot the scramble like your hair is on fire and fling it up hoping for an immaculate reception or incompletion. That is page 7 of the playbook.

Skip doesn't want to tip our hand for future opponents. He's saving the whole playbook for Rice.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Revf, you forgot the scramble like your hair is on fire and fling it up hoping for an immaculate reception or incompletion. That is page 7 of the playbook.
    Yeah I loved watching him throw it into the stands. Maybe we can advertise that to get a better attendance. Chances are good that you might get your very own game used football. Kinda like a baseball thing.

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    That was the worst home beatdown since UCF in 1995.

This was worse than MSU last year.

UAB kicked in our front teeth, took our lunch money and stole our date to the dance.
    Then you come home from the dance and see your dad storming out of the house with suitcases in his hands. You walk into the living room and see UAB setting on the couch with your mom.... UAB breaks the awkward silence by saying, “look...I’m not trying be your new dad, but I would like to be your friend.”

Thanks Holtz and J’mar... UAB officially made us their *****.

+ Reply to Thread