+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Time is Now

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The Time is Now

Sagarin will likely predict W’s for Tech until the MSU game...with no WTF games, we’ll be bowl eligible by that game.

Getting by UNT at their place was huge for getting to the CG.

It’s going to take better play all around, but we’re in a great position to finally win the CG.

Next week is a must win on that quest.

The time is now.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Time is Now

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Sagarin will likely predict W’s for Tech until the MSU game...with no WTF games, we’ll be bowl eligible by that game.

It’s going to take better play all around, but we’re in a great position to finally win the CG.

The time is now.
    I agree and did not predict we would already be in this position this year. Time to buckle down and take care of business now! And I want a MState win too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Stay focused! As long as Coach "play not to lose" is in charge it is all a crap shoot. We could easily lose on a bad special teams play or to last second FG in any game remaining

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Stay focused! As long as Coach "play not to lose" is in charge it is all a crap shoot. We could easily lose on a bad special teams play or to last second FG in any game remaining
    OR we could see that this team has HEART! They don't panic and have toughed out some bad situations, when they could have folded. That means a LOT for a team like we have this year. The comeback against lsu and last night's winning comeback show me that the blocked field goal was no fluke. This seems like a team that has the "never die" attitude. We will face more talented teams, but if we keep that, we will be a great team this year. A surprise team this year....

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    OR we could see that this team has HEART! They don't panic and have toughed out some bad situations, when they could have folded. That means a LOT for a team like we have this year. The comeback against lsu and last night's winning comeback show me that the blocked field goal was no fluke. This seems like a team that has the "never die" attitude. We will face more talented teams, but if we keep that, we will be a great team this year. A surprise team this year....
    Last night is in the past but what I saw was a hand full of players who wanted to win along with HORRIBLE technique on defense, a really bad QB, a lot of luck, and a decent UNT team.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The time is now.
    Yep, Louisiana Tech controls it's own destiny. The C-UAB game next Saturday will be HUGE!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think PawDawg is referencing the ZERO kill factor that our head coach has. He refuses to step on the throat of a team when he has them down to take them out. I shouldn't be shocked or mad b/c he has never had that killer instinct. In the words of Jack Bicknell, its "frustrating" to watch year after year... Luck was on our side last night and in the midst of a season, a team that makes a run will have some luck. We should win by 35 next week.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

As a long time observer, I would concur with you about the lack of audacity by our coach. It's HARD to argue with winning, but I truly we would have won MORE if the audacity had been there. As an alum and supporter, I'm very happy with 4 winning seasons and 4 bowl games; but, we all know that with a TAD bit of audacity, there might have been a couple of 10 win seasons in there and maybe some conference championships....but I wouldn't trade where we are now with any time in recent memory. We are competitive every week, and I hope it improves.

+ Reply to Thread