+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How tough could it be to get this stuff correct?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: How tough could it be to get this stuff correct?

Reneau's micro managing of the money is what caused issues and stunted growth. He would take from one department to support another all the while not allowing certain alumni to be contacted to give except when it was a project that was personal to Reneau. I am actually referring to academics and not athletics in the first statement. I have family how taught for 30+ years and experienced it first hand, and so did I as a student, and grad student.

I do like most of the things going on at Tech academically under Guice, and I have been happy athletically with more of our sports being competitive. We have been consistent in football, baseball has been up, softball is consistent, soccer is consistent, mens bball has been solid although I personally feel we have underachieved a bit, and women's bball is attempting to put out the dumpster fire that had been set. Even golf has had a little success.

One the athletics side for Reneau, there were some bad hires (everyone has some of those in his position), but what hurt athletics was holding on to the bad hires, or when things went south, holding on to initially good hires too long.

Right now under Dr. Guice we have one bad hire in the major sports and thats Tiny Tommy. We are or have reached the point 2013-18 to have a large enough sample size to know TMAC isnt what we need. Guice is on the clock now to either replace TMAC or somehow get TMAC to improve. Since I don't think there is an improvement in TMAC (he is what he is), I think its time to move on and thats for Guice to pull the trigger.

We are on the cusp of a Reneau/Oakes type of scenario here with Guice/TMAC and we know how much damage that loyalty did to our program.

I view admin in the same vein as coaches. I think they should have 4-6 years to see what they can do with their guys and if it doesn't work can them and move on (except for true disasters). TMAC is now in year 6, and I think some of his biggest accomplishments were started by others, maybe he should get some credit for finishing them off, but how much?

I am currently not impressed with his football scheduling, I am not impressed with his customer service/alumni relations, I am not impressed with promotions coming out of the department either. It's time to move on, and that is on Guice now.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Some things that do not require that much money (promoting through social media) we fail at. Example, no post or videos promoting the upcoming UAB game.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I agree thats why I mentioned promotions as something I am disappointed in. All that takes is a student worker or graduate student with a phone and a laptop to produce some good stuff now days. Posting should be something that happens daily if not multiple times a day.

You could post about different student athletes, teams, all kinds of stuff all day everyday. Literally an about this player graphic and quick hits sheet for every kid we have over the course of the year. That also makes the kids feela little more appreciated and wanted. Builds better alumni. A million options and we choose none of them.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Just like with the poll on Twitter involving Ferguson. I’m not on Twitter, but it seems someone should be responsible for promoting our athletes on Twitter/Facebook/Social Media. Maybe they did on Twitter, I wouldn’t know about that, but I don’t remember seeing it on Facebook on any of the universities various pages. I found it right here on BBB. It’s free publicity for our student athletes, and it generates buzz around the program and helps garner interest in the team/athlete. Someone should be responsible for promoting these things.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I agree thats why I mentioned promotions as something I am disappointed in. All that takes is a student worker or graduate student with a phone and a laptop to produce some good stuff now days. Posting should be something that happens daily if not multiple times a day.

You could post about different student athletes, teams, all kinds of stuff all day everyday. Literally an about this player graphic and quick hits sheet for every kid we have over the course of the year. That also makes the kids feela little more appreciated and wanted. Builds better alumni. A million options and we choose none of them.
    I've done some social media marketing. There are third party apps that you can schedule your post, tweets, etc. It's been around for long time. Build your marketing content and put it on a scheduler. Yes, a student worker can do it.

Also, I've seen young talents do great video editing in this very social media age. We need to find the next Matt Lange and recruit graphic design students.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Some things that do not require that much money (promoting through social media) we fail at. Example, no post or videos promoting the upcoming UAB game.
    I got 10 likes a couple of comments on my Facebook post about the game. That should be enough to get us to 28,000.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

All they’ve done on social media is advertise the coach’s show for UAB week, announce a brisket cookoff, and set the game as an event on facebook. They have also posted that the game will be free to watch on a stream, at least.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He gave a few free tickets to the radio stations.

I expect we will get our 1/2 page ad in TNS on Friday.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I'll be wearing BLUE!!!!!!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

"Be Loyal Blue!"

Maybe don't use this photo for that article...

Do our cheerleaders actually have any blue? Good question

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    "Be Loyal Blue!"

They are hot...and they know it!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    "Be Loyal Blue!"

Beer! I like beer. My pal Brett likes beer too.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

What’s the status of student tailgating this year? I’ve seen numerous stories this week of young kids that were positively influenced by Tech athletes( Green, Mconathey,Barber, Duron, Tilley, Bradshaw, Willis,Smith, Powell, Mchalfey,Malone...) La Tech has a long tradition of producing athletes that are willing to make a difference....Why can’t we put it all together? It can’t be that damn hard....

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

We need leaders with vision and creativity....the next level is possible , just need the people in place to connect all the dots.

I attended a small private school in Shreveport.... these are the Tech Graduates that had some influence on me ....Wayne Smith, Karl Malone, Mike Mcconathey, Ronnie Powell, McHallfey, Wiggins, Pixley, Willis, Carr, Barber,Tilley, Duron...

+ Reply to Thread