Reneau's micro managing of the money is what caused issues and stunted growth. He would take from one department to support another all the while not allowing certain alumni to be contacted to give except when it was a project that was personal to Reneau. I am actually referring to academics and not athletics in the first statement. I have family how taught for 30+ years and experienced it first hand, and so did I as a student, and grad student.

I do like most of the things going on at Tech academically under Guice, and I have been happy athletically with more of our sports being competitive. We have been consistent in football, baseball has been up, softball is consistent, soccer is consistent, mens bball has been solid although I personally feel we have underachieved a bit, and women's bball is attempting to put out the dumpster fire that had been set. Even golf has had a little success.

One the athletics side for Reneau, there were some bad hires (everyone has some of those in his position), but what hurt athletics was holding on to the bad hires, or when things went south, holding on to initially good hires too long.

Right now under Dr. Guice we have one bad hire in the major sports and thats Tiny Tommy. We are or have reached the point 2013-18 to have a large enough sample size to know TMAC isnt what we need. Guice is on the clock now to either replace TMAC or somehow get TMAC to improve. Since I don't think there is an improvement in TMAC (he is what he is), I think its time to move on and thats for Guice to pull the trigger.

We are on the cusp of a Reneau/Oakes type of scenario here with Guice/TMAC and we know how much damage that loyalty did to our program.

I view admin in the same vein as coaches. I think they should have 4-6 years to see what they can do with their guys and if it doesn't work can them and move on (except for true disasters). TMAC is now in year 6, and I think some of his biggest accomplishments were started by others, maybe he should get some credit for finishing them off, but how much?

I am currently not impressed with his football scheduling, I am not impressed with his customer service/alumni relations, I am not impressed with promotions coming out of the department either. It's time to move on, and that is on Guice now.