+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s time. What will it cost?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: It’s time. What will it cost?

Thank you, Sicem. You are too kind. I'm not worthy.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Just in case any of you think you are the only ones questioning Skip's play calling his dad demoted him from offensive coordinator when he was Head coach at South Carolina.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Just in case any of you think you are the only ones questioning Skip's play calling his dad demoted him from offensive coordinator when he was Head coach at South Carolina.
    When even your dad sees the writing on the wall.......

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Thanks for the background on yourself, RJ. It's easier to understand your position when we know you are a true Dog fan, and not just a players relative complaining, or a coaches wife defending her husband (yes, that's happened). And of course, we have to deal with the occasional ULL fans who systematically stroll over here to criticize our fan base after a loss.

Just know, that telling the folks on this board to be "supportive and encouraging" is laughable. Most of the people here on this board are LA Tech's best fans. Most here are members of LTAC (Louisiana Tech Athletic Assn) who give annually to the football program, hold season tickets and personally attend most, if not all of the games. So yeah, after all that, when the team absolutely FAILS TO SHOW UP AT ALL against UAB, the players deserve the criticism we dish out.
    I know, and I don't question any of your loyalty. I'm just glad I found this board and hope to add to the discussion.

They didn't show @ UAB. A buddy of mine and I discuss daily on the phone what's going on and war game how to fix it. It's frustrating.

I can tell you I WAS impressed how they did not give up against LSWHO and UNT. Let's hope that team shows up this Saturday.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I think most of us have been here supporting for a long time. I don’t know a single person on this board that wants to tear down anything. What we do want is the team to succeed in the worst conference in the NCAA under a coach in his 6th year and stop losing at home in embarrassing fashion every year. That’s seems like a lot to ask I know... You can have your opinion, That’s fine. Like him or hate him, HD has been proven right in most cases. And there isn’t anybody on this board that cares about Tech football more than he does.
    Thank you. And I certainly don't want to step on toes. And I meant no personal harm to HD, or anyone. We ARE all fans and I do get that many of you are beyond frustrated because we all know that having Louisiana Tech's rep and tradition , able to pull talent from talent rich Louisiana and Texas, we should be breaking into the Top 25 every year.
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 10-10-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post

Thank you. And I certainly don't want to step on toes. And I meant no personal harm to HD, or anyone. We ARE all fans and I do get that many of you are beyond frustrated because we all know that having Louisiana Tech's rep and tradition , able to pull talent from talent rich Louisiana and Texas, we should be breaking into the Top 25 every year.
    You’re gonna have to do a lot worse than that to offend most
    We are all very passionate about Tech. All different types of personalities are present here, but the one constant is we all want Tech to be the absolute best school it can be, on the field and off. I’ve only personally met a few of the people on this board, but I feel like I’ve known them my whole life. Welcome to the board, RJ, it’s good to have you.
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 10-10-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I would think most of us are looking in, but many have been looking in at this situation for a looong time. One can begin to come to some intelligent conclusions once you have this much time and evidence, we may not know everything, but I think we have seen enough.

1. We have a coach who will no matter what, not try another QB. What if he tries one, two, or three other QB's and none of them work out, he has nothing to lose and the fanbase would be satisfied. How stubborn and pig headed do you have to be to follow the path HCSH is following.

2. Not only are we hearing of a loss of respect for our QB and probably coach, we are actually seeing it on the field.

3. When HCSH was hired, some guys from Florida got on the board and warned us, "He will choose a QB and stick with him no matter what" and stick with him to the point of turning your program into a Dumpster fire. Does this sound Familiar?

4. There is absolutely no Chemistry or leadership on this team that I can see, they are simply following the coaches example I am afraid. I think a lot of the guys are really trying to find that Chemistry and leader, just too many things working against them.

5. La Tech has a pretty good reputation of turning out good QB's and Kickers and playing a very exciting brand of Football, where has that gone?

6. Our attendance numbers are going the wrong way, Fans do not like to see you lose, but most can tolerate it if the team goes down fighting. No one wants to watch a slow agonizing death like we did this past Saturday.

7. We all want to find something positive going on with this program, other than the normal things you should expect out of a program and coaches, what are the positive things? Anyone...Anyone...

8. HCSH has had plenty time to get a winning program going, He apparently is not going to win any of the games he is not supposed to win, will always lose at least one toss up, USM will always be his daddy, and he strives for that ever so rare bowl game instead of a Championship.

Welcome to Mediocrity

Glad to see you on the board and posting RJ, Welcome!
    Great points and I remember hearing here (I'm in Florida) the fan base's anger @ USF about Skip. They could not wait to send him packing. And you're right, Tech has played many games that were just ELECTRIC.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Great points and I remember hearing here (I'm in Florida) the fan base's anger @ USF about Skip. They could not wait to send him packing. And you're right, Tech has played many games that were just ELECTRIC.
    Hope you are getting out of Destin for a few days.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Well, I haven't posted since last week. I was SHOCKED at the Dawgs' poor performance last Saturday!!!! I always drink my coffee out of a TECH mug, but last Sunday I could not! My brother gave me some cups with kitty cats on them several years ago. I was so pissed off, I drank my Sunday coffee out of a cat cup!!! Damn!!!
    What happened to passes over the middle??? Trent Taylor made a career out of catching those passes and NO ONE has stepped up and filled his shoes!!! UAB knew we weren't going to pass over the middle and didn't protect that part of the field... And, what about a screen pass to slow the pass rush??? I saw NO IMPROVEMENTS made after halftime!
    No, I haven't given up on my Dawgs. Every year we have a WTF game in Ruston and I will count that as the WTF game for this year! But, there is no more slack to cut!!!!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Something else......it seemed like the Dawgs do better when they do a hurry-up play after getting in the red zone. J'Mar can't hurry up if he keeps taking 8-9 seconds looking over the field before the snap!

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

You are 100% correct .

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Your 100% correct .
    You are = You're

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post 70. You describe the collective disgust perfectly. It is sad that we have reached a point where we just assume there will be a WTF game. I am glad that, as I get older, this has become more and more my hobby instead of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    as I get older, this has become more and more my hobby instead of my life.
    ...which is why a very small percentage of our alumni will ever be fanatics and many will wear purple and yellow when Tech travels to play lsu.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

If you want to build support for your program, you MUST win at home. You can’t consistently lose winnable games at home to teams you should beat and expect lots of support. With our track record, Vegas should never give us points for home field advantage. I think I’m more pissed about the game today than I was on Saturday.

+ Reply to Thread