+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s time. What will it cost?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: It’s time. What will it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I thought we hired him because we got him on the cheap.
    Yes for sure. The money was shifted to the soon to be Florida MBB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    None of them.
    All of them. See below. Holtz is just hanging on for a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I agree. Given the resources of the present... I would take EVERY one of those guys over the now.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I agree. Given the resources of the present... I would take EVERY one of those guys over the now.
    same

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Agreed.

I'm a whole lot more mellow than I used to be. But, I thrived on emotion....mostly because God didn't bother to bless me with too much athleticism, and that pissed me off!..as a player, and even as a young coach. I was always so hyped I was bouncing off the ceiling! I loved my coaches because they were azzholes and treated us like it was US Marines' boot camp. Well, I didn't like them too much at the time, but I respected them, we all did! and were afraid (terrified!) to disappoint them. I love 'em now. They were like those hardazz teachers we all had and it was only many years later that we are able to look back and realize what a huge service they did us.

One of my coaches used to call me "Peanut." I finally asked him, why do you call me that? He growled, "Because I know you don't like it. You have a problem with that!?" All I could do was mutter, "No sir." We never did anything right....according to them. Even if we made a play, we would later learn, usually in practice the following week, we could have done it even better. But ya know what I remember the most...

I picked off a swing pass to preserve a win. While the offense was taking a knee to run out the clock, that coach looked at me, winked, and said, "Good job, Peanut."

Those coaches made us better, more successful, than we had any business being. Talent-wise we were a 2-8 team. Yet, we routinely won 8-10 games and made the state playoffs.
    We need a lot more coaches and teachers like you mentioned in the lives of our kids these days. I fear that we have become soft in this country and are ripe for the picking.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

YEAH!! found a rating of a thread -- never saw that before--so happy I got a chance to express my rating -- TERRIBLE THREAD -- haters gonna hate -- maybe I appreciate what we are doing with what we have and enough history of what happens with coaches who are looking for stepping stone-- JR college athletes -- couple of years and off to California-Tennessee for real money-- Kiffin gets 10 yr Million contract and after 1 yr he showing up on bottom of CUSA in some categories-- look at Rivals recruit for 2018 and compare to Tech. many of you folks want to follow the steps of ULL .
    In my 50 yrs we have NEVER BEEN IN 4 bowl games in a row and much less won !! I am so damn proud of how far our program has progressed and the reputation we have. good news is only a handful of folks still look at BBB and see all the negativity because they seldom get information worth reading--just a handful of sad, haters posted same old BS

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    YEAH!! found a rating of a thread -- never saw that before--so happy I got a chance to express my rating -- TERRIBLE THREAD -- haters gonna hate -- maybe I appreciate what we are doing with what we have and enough history of what happens with coaches who are looking for stepping stone-- JR college athletes -- couple of years and off to California-Tennessee for real money-- Kiffin gets 10 yr Million contract and after 1 yr he showing up on bottom of CUSA in some categories-- look at Rivals recruit for 2018 and compare to Tech. many of you folks want to follow the steps of ULL .
    In my 50 yrs we have NEVER BEEN IN 4 bowl games in a row and much less won !! I am so damn proud of how far our program has progressed and the reputation we have. good news is only a handful of folks still look at BBB and see all the negativity because they seldom get information worth reading--just a handful of sad, haters posted same old BS
    Thank you! If you look at the preseason write ups on CUSA teams, every year TECH is described as a team with solid footing and likely to challenge for at least the division championship. We have built a solid foundation and are doing it in a way that allows us to continue to build without violations and cutting corners. That is what we were looking for when we hired Skip and I think it is the right way to go. Steady growth is not sexy but it is better than what I see at many other schools who cut corners. Give Skip a better budget and we might get some more zing in our situations. Until then, I think we are on solid ground and getting better.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Here you go again...get out that big old BROAD BRUSH!

"many of you folks want to follow the steps of ULL."

OK, with a show of hands, or posts, how many of you rascals want to follow in the footsteps of ULL? Come on now, let's hear from ya!

"NEVER BEEN IN 4 bowl games in a row"

True! but then it's only been recently there have been 40 bowls. Still, I cannot recall a single post, by any of those dastardly haters, saying winning 4 bowls in a row is a bad thing. I have seen posts desiring something more, every once in awhile.

"all the negativity"

Hmmm, I think it is negative, no! worse than that, it is despicable to assign Tech Football to a ceiling of winning 6 games and becoming bowl eligible. How dare you!? You are the real hater! Oh....we're not almighty LSU...so, poor little Tech should be happy with the crumbs of college football. Just take your minor bowl, little doggies, and be damn happy you got that! When I read crap like that my blood boils!

Oh, and my favorite part, "only a handful of folks still look at BBB" Really? how did you gather this data? One of the moderators can post the stats, I'm sure.

Whew! enough of this negativity.

Let the 8-5 season continue!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, if there are posters leaving, it’s probably a lot more likely they’re tired of reading your moronic, rambling, bullshit.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Here you go again...get out that big old BROAD BRUSH!

"many of you folks want to follow the steps of ULL."

OK, with a show of hands, or posts, how many of you rascals want to follow in the footsteps of ULL? Come on now, let's hear from ya!

"NEVER BEEN IN 4 bowl games in a row"

True! but then it's only been recently there have been 40 bowls. Still, I cannot recall a single post, by any of those dastardly haters, saying winning 4 bowls in a row is a bad thing. I have seen posts desiring something more, every once in awhile.

"all the negativity"

Hmmm, I think it is negative, no! worse than that, it is despicable to assign Tech Football to a ceiling of winning 6 games and becoming bowl eligible. How dare you!? You are the real hater! Oh....we're not almighty LSU...so, poor little Tech should be happy with the crumbs of college football. Just take your minor bowl, little doggies, and be damn happy you got that! When I read crap like that my blood boils!

Oh, and my favorite part, "only a handful of folks still look at BBB" Really? how did you gather this data? One of the moderators can post the stats, I'm sure.

Whew! enough of this negativity.

Let the 8-5 season continue!
    You are too fast, you have to give some of the rest of us a chance. I think these folks pounding their chests about these bowl games forget that if things in college football were like the JRP, Crowton and Bicknell years we would have made no bowl games. Heck we had to beat a start-up UTSA team to even make a bowl game last season. I guess we better be glad they decided earlier in the decade to start playing football. And, let's talk about Skip's biggest win at Tech. You know the one, beating SMU in Frisco last year. Again SMU, another 6-6 juggernaut, coached by a member of the student body. Of course, the are crushing it this year (2-4). Six years and that is his biggest win? To quote a real winner from the football field, "Come on man!"

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Tech with every fiber of my being. It pains me to see every sport outside of baseball, softball, and soccer losing excitement, losing fans, and losing steam. The tortoise and hare analogy will get us left in the dust. Slow and steady doesn’t win this race.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    You are too fast, you have to give some of the rest of us a chance. I think these folks pounding their chests about these bowl games forget that if things in college football were like the JRP, Crowton and Bicknell years we would have made no bowl games. Heck we had to beat a start-up UTSA team to even make a bowl game last season. I guess we better be glad they decided earlier in the decade to start playing football. And, let's talk about Skip's biggest win at Tech. You know the one, beating SMU in Frisco last year. Again SMU, another 6-6 juggernaut, coached by a member of the student body. Of course, the are crushing it this year (2-4). Six years and that is his biggest win? To quote a real winner from the football field, "Come on man!"
    You are calling SMU Skips biggest win? Really?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    You are calling SMU Skips biggest win? Really?
    I wouldn’t consider that a big win, but I can’t name another one to take its place.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

How about Navy ?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I wouldn’t consider that a big win, but I can’t name another one to take its place.
    That time we beat a P5 team. The one time.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

3 options: 7-6 SMU, 9-5 Navy, or 6-7 Illinois.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Sorry dude, I appreciate your support of Tech but your point of view is a joke.

+ Reply to Thread