+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s time. What will it cost?

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: It’s time. What will it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    If you want to build support for your program, you MUST win at home. You can’t consistently lose winnable games at home to teams you should beat and expect lots of support. With our track record, Vegas should never give us points for home field advantage. I think I’m more pissed about the game today than I was on Saturday.
    Well said. KILLING momentum especially when you consider we only have FIVE home games. Terrible.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    This situation would never be allowed to occur, because 1) TMac can't get good opponents here and 2) if he lucked into something, he'd let them charge *us* to move it.
    Lets be fair to TMac. He isnt the only AD that was unable to bring good opponents. Dooley is the only one who ever arranged for an SEC team to show up and that one, Ms State, does not bring notoriety when discussing millions.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Lets be fair to TMac. He isnt the only AD that was unable to bring good opponents. Dooley is the only one who ever arranged for an SEC team to show up and that one, Ms State, does not bring notoriety when discussing millions.
    Who arranged for Ms State last year? I know it was a two for one, but facts are facts. I guess it was Oakes that got Miami to Shreveport and the original Aggie game there. The highest ranked opponents we have played in Ruston have been from the old WAC -- Fresno State and maybe Hawaii. Being in a good conference helps. Except for the traveling the WAC was by far the best conference we have been in.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Who arranged for Ms State last year? I know it was a two for one, but facts are facts. I guess it was Oakes that got Miami to Shreveport and the original Aggie game there. The highest ranked opponents we have played in Ruston have been from the old WAC -- Fresno State and maybe Hawaii. Being in a good conference helps. Except for the traveling the WAC was by far the best conference we have been in.
    Don't forget our old pals Boyzee!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Wrong. BVDV got us more games (also turned down more) than any AD we've ever had. He got lucky on A&M.

Jim Oakes also got Miami and Oklahoma State in Shreveport. He was up against the wall more than any AD we've ever had.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

So I’ve mentioned it before, but it goes without saying...

Skip Holtz is Jeff Bower. Very nice. Very genuine. Not going to leave town anytime soon. Will have you playing for a conference championship maybe 1 out of 5/6 years (let’s not forget the first two were in years with a terrible USM, terrible NT, no UAB). Will win most of the games we are favored to win in (except the annual wtf game). Will be in a bowl game every year in our current everyone gets a bowl system.

I think many people are happy with 7-9 wins a year. I think many of us dream of something more.

To me the weird thing about Skip is that he has shown he can be a great coach and have success, and then he has games like the UAB game where he looks like he has never seen a football game before. I mean I watch us run the same slow read play over and over and over again. Defense doesn’t have to change if we run the same play expecting a different result. It’s just odd.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    So I’ve mentioned it before, but it goes without saying...

Skip Holtz is Jeff Bower. Very nice. Very genuine. Not going to leave town anytime soon. Will have you playing for a conference championship maybe 1 out of 5/6 years (let’s not forget the first two were in years with a terrible USM, terrible NT, no UAB). Will win most of the games we are favored to win in (except the annual wtf game). Will be in a bowl game every year in our current everyone gets a bowl system.

I think many people are happy with 7-9 wins a year. I think many of us dream of something more.

To me the weird thing about Skip is that he has shown he can be a great coach and have success, and then he has games like the UAB game where he looks like he has never seen a football game before. I mean I watch us run the same slow read play over and over and over again. Defense doesn’t have to change if we run the same play expecting a different result. It’s just odd.
    Not even close. Bower
    won championships. Our coach NEVER has.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Not even close. Bower
    won championships. Our coach NEVER has.
    Yes, Bower won championships in a different era of bowl games....Holtz has had opportunities, has yet to capitalize.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Yes, Bower won championships in a different era of bowl games....Holtz has had opportunities, has yet to capitalize.
    Horse crap! Bower won in a tougher time. Holtz can't beat Simsboro.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Horse crap! Bower won in a tougher time. Holtz can't beat Simsboro.
    He could probably beat Simsboro since they don't have a football team, but I agree the comparisons to Bower need to stop.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    He could probably beat Simsboro since they don't have a football team, but I agree the comparisons to Bower need to stop.
    Neither did UAB two years ago.

Puppy BirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really niceBirdDawg is just really nice BirdDawg's Avatar

Georgia just announced they were benching Jake Fromm and Kirby Smart was being bought out of his contract......

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BirdDawg View Post
    Georgia just announced they were benching Jake Fromm and Kirby Smart was being bought out of his contract......
    But they went to a bowl game last year!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    But they went to a bowl game last year!
    And Kirby Smart is a nice guy, and I heard that he really loves Athens.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

A win against a team that has never threatened us does not change my opinion.

Time for Holtz and Jmar to move on.

+ Reply to Thread