+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s time. What will it cost?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: It’s time. What will it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    A win against a team that has never threatened us does not change my opinion.

Time for Holtz and Jmar to move on.
    Concur. I will definitely enjoy this win though.

But it doesn't change the facts.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Agreed. Just because a bad offense beats a truly awful defense. A good UTSA defense and we would have been in the same spot as we were against UAB.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Yesterday was the first time in a LONG time that I didn’t follow the game via radio/tv/attendance. I had a good feeling that we’d win, but it wouldn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Unless CUAB falls apart, we probably have a 6th year of no conference championship. Yeah we will play in another obscure bowl at years end, and we will all pat ourselves on the back about 5 bowls in a row. We have arrived in the promised land boys, let’s enjoy it!!

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Wrong. BVDV got us more games (also turned down more) than any AD we've ever had. He got lucky on A&M.

Jim Oakes also got Miami and Oklahoma State in Shreveport. He was up against the wall more than any AD we've ever had.
    My bad. I was talking about games scheduled to be played in Ruston.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    My bad. I was talking about games scheduled to be played in Ruston.
    A&M was scheduled for Ruston initially. BVDV moved it Shreveport to gain a feather from his peers. He could have left the game in Ruston. We NEVER found out how much we received for playing the game in Shreveport.

Kansas called J.O. needing to fill an away game in their schedule. We not only filled the spot, we agreed to go there for a payday instead.

BYU called needing a home and home deal. They wanted to come to Ruston in 2012. Sonny Dykes pitched a fit and begged BVDV to delay the decision. We ended up passing on the deal.

There are plenty of low P5s needing to fill dates, but relationships are key. BVDV had many. Our current AD has none outside of the SLC.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

There are plenty of low P5s needing to fill dates, but relationships are key. BVDV had many.
    That's interesting. I remember telling you guys that, and some of you not taking it so well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's interesting. I remember telling you guys that, and some of you not taking it so well.
    Many of us assumed that we could do better. Some of us, including me, were taken in by our current AD and believed that he was ready for an FBS program. Many of us, including me, were wrong. Our current AD is totally inept. BVDV was a bumbling goof ball with many bad deals, but he had connections.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

A&M was scheduled for Ruston initially. BVDV moved it Shreveport to gain a feather from his peers. He could have left the game in Ruston. We NEVER found out how much we received for playing the game in Shreveport.

Kansas called J.O. needing to fill an away game in their schedule. We not only filled the spot, we agreed to go there for a payday instead.

BYU called needing a home and home deal. They wanted to come to Ruston in 2012. Sonny Dykes pitched a fit and begged BVDV to delay the decision. We ended up passing on the deal.

There are plenty of low P5s needing to fill dates, but relationships are key. BVDV had many. Our current AD has none outside of the SLC.
    Not a "cherished" P5, but who was it that screwed up the Home/Home with BYU? Was it BVDV?

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Not a "cherished" P5, but who was it that screwed up the Home/Home with BYU? Was it BVDV?
    He made the decision to try to delay, but he and our President were up Sonny Dykes' butt trying to keep him and Franklin satisfied and building their future resumes. It was a joint decision between BVDV, Dykes, and D.R.. Nothing happened w/out Reneau touching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    He made the decision to try to delay, but he and our President were up Sonny Dykes' butt trying to keep him and Franklin satisfied and building their future resumes. It was a joint decision between BVDV, Dykes, and D.R.. Nothing happened w/out Reneau touching it.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Not taking a home game with BYU has to go down as one of Reneau’s biggest flubs, and that’s saying something.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    A win against a team that has never threatened us does not change my opinion.

Time for Holtz and Jmar to move on.
    YAWN. you a joke --- I will not mention our 5th bowl game and holtz has signed more 3 star players since coming to Tech than all previous coaches combined -- I do not know you but think you are ULL guy wanting us to ruin our program like ULL by changing coaches-- YAWN ---

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    holtz has signed more 3 star players since coming to Tech than all previous coaches combined
    Great! Maybe in 6 more years he'll be able to do something with them.

Puppy BDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her game

I just want to put a stat and I am sure you Holtz haters are going to bash me.

Holtz is the only coach in the last 40 years (80s to now) to have 3 consecutive winning seasons. That's right people, the only coach to have a 3 straight winning seasons. The first since Maxie Lambright in the late 70s. Dooley had 1 winning season and Dykes had 2, but he had one foot out of the door before he arrived. This coach has made it a priority to make Tech a football program and not a stepping stone.

We talk about not wanting to be mediocre. What were we before Holtz? Please define being complacent and excited about middle of the road. Would you be willing to go back to having fly by the night coaches swing through Ruston have 1 really good season and leave in the middle of the night with us holding our ... pride? Dykes left arguable one of the best Tech teams I have witnessed to go to Cal for a payday. Those seniors lost a chance to go to a bowl game because our coach was more worried about trying to get interviews then finish the season and beat Utah State. We have not only had a winning record 3 straight seasons, but Holtz has had a winning team every year, but his first, 5 straight years (unless I just pulled the ultimate hoax and jinxed us). 4 straight bowl wins, NFL draft picks multiple years. Hell, I remember my senior year being excited we made a bowl game "Independence Bowl." We beat Northern Illinois and you would have thought we had made it.

I agree there should be continued growth and we should want more, but find me a coach who wants to come to Ruston and build a program. There are not many around. I love what Skip is building and am glad to be a Bulldog fan. I think a lot of you forgot watching Ross Jenkins try to throw an out right. Or maybe Zach Champion running 35 draw plays in a game under Dooley in front a thunderous crowd of 5k people. I have seen our Program grow in a short 6 seasons under Holtz. Should we compete for a Conference championship every year (YES!) Should we expect to go to a bowl game every year (YES!) Should we criticize the coach when the team under performs (YES!), but we should also remember we are building something great. It is a marathon not a sprint. If you all want this to accelerate faster, pull out your check books.

Holtz is still here because nobody else wants him.

He is coaching great talent in a weak conference. 6-7 wins is not a great feat.

We are not growing. Attendance is flat lining.

+ Reply to Thread