+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s time. What will it cost?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Re: It’s time. What will it cost?

He needs to start anyone but JMar, his offense needs chunk plays and JMar can't deliver . We watched the paint dry last year and the bowl game wiped out memories I guess. If he doesn't make a change we will have 5000 people at the last game . We are stuck with him , we can only pray now . I like Aaron Allen and would be playing him now !

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It was just a question. Thanks for your thoughts. If you recall, he was fired because the fans felt he could no longer deliver the titles and he had a penchant for losing to UAB.

I'm guessing that all would not be forgiven with Skip had he beat Marshall a few years back in the CG. My position on Holtz's hiring are well documented here. I want what we all want. I'm just not sure that I trust the guys who can't structure ticket prices or keep concession stands stocked to hire a replacement that is going to do any better.

Just like our passing game whoas...the solutions are not simple.
    I know one thing, UNT is awfully happy they got away from their "status quo" coach (Dan McCarney), and hired Seth Littrell. Their fans love it, and it shows during their game day experience in Denton.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I know one thing, UNT is awfully happy they got away from their "status quo" coach (Dan McCarney), and hired Seth Littrell. Their fans love it, and it shows during their game day experience in Denton.
    I'm in favor of full stands and exciting football. Think we've got the folks in place to make the hires and fill the stands? Sign me up.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Folks, LA Tech CAN'T SCORE. That's why the games are boring. With J'Mar at QB, we don't have anyone that can score TD's. Against FBS competition, J'Mar has thrown 7 TD passes and 5 INT's. He's averaging 219 yds per game in the air.

This season, LA Tech has averaged a whopping (said in jest) 21.75 pts per game against its 4 FBS competitors. That lack of point production will get you beat almost every week in FBS college football.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    He needs to start anyone but JMar, his offense needs chunk plays and JMar can't deliver . We watched the paint dry last year and the bowl game wiped out memories I guess. If he doesn't make a change we will have 5000 people at the last game . We are stuck with him , we can only pray now . I like Aaron Allen and would be playing him now !
    Students will be out for Thanksgiving for last game, historically we have lite crowd on that Saturday ...

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I really do try to take a step back and look around me here in Georgia. I try to remember that in general, nobody notices. BUT when we only score 7 points in the whole game against UAB in our own house. That is something I can't get past. I have been disappointed in close losses and struggles where there was some fight.

I take conceited pride in what Louisiana Tech football generally means...and that is/was no opponent will have an easy time in our place. There were times back in the WAC where the opponent was just better than us but there was generally a fight (except for that Hawaii game).

Nothing will change right now, but it has been a tough Monday.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I like Dr. Guice. Always have. I think he's a real good man. But Dr. Guice should have woken up this morning with legitimate concerns about the state of our entire athletic program. But especially the one that pays the bills: Football. Holtz is killing the energy in the stadium, and I can't imagine that Dr. Guice isn't already hearing from local merchants about the poor attendance.
    I agree. But there is a huge contingent of alumni who refuse to allow any criticism of Guice.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I like Dr. Guice. Always have. I think he's a real good man. But Dr. Guice should have woken up this morning with legitimate concerns about the state of our entire athletic program. But especially the one that pays the bills: Football. Holtz is killing the energy in the stadium, and I can't imagine that Dr. Guice isn't already hearing from local merchants about the poor attendance.
    That is the one point that I see that can actually get the ball rolling towards change. Mayor Ronny Walker has went all out to make the Ruston-Tech relationship a symbiotic relationship and has pushed, and begged, and pleaded to make sure Ruston Merchants support Tech. There are more hotels coming, there are more eateries coming, there is more coming and they are expecting a true college town environment. Skip Holtz and Tmac are killing that, they killed it last year which was the most promising year we have had for our merchants in a while.

There is a much bigger picture here than just our disappointment as fans, it is affecting cash flow, and money talks!
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 10-08-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

And with all the money Ruston has out and is planning to put out, we need the tax revenue badly.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    planning to put out
    labg

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    labg
    When football is bad, 967 is at his best!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    labg
    Nicely done.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

I'm Listening to Holtz on the afternoon show on 97.7. i don't think Tech wins another game based on how Holtz feels. get him out of Ruston.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    I'm Listening to Holtz on the afternoon show on 97.7. i don't think Tech wins another game based on how Holtz feels. get him out of Ruston.
    Can you give us the talking points?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Anybody that watched Saturday knows this team is dead in the water. The defense literally just gave up in the 4th quarter. Can’t say I blame them much, as they were getting no help from the offense. None. And I know everybody is hoping for change; that’s a fools hope. Holtz will double down on the same mindless and predictable offense with a QB who is completely demoralized and apathetic about being out there. UAB had read the scouting report, and every time Smith handed the ball off, the DE was nearly looking the ball carrier in the face. They knew there was no chance of Smith keeping it. And there’s not going to be any change anytime soon in leadership. Welcome to Tech football for the foreseeable future.

+ Reply to Thread