+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s time. What will it cost?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Re: It’s time. What will it cost?

Aaron has played in one game, that leaves 3 . For me those 3 are Southern Miss, Western Kentucky and conference championship game . Just my opinion . If he sits JMar I doubt he could come back from it .

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Jim Haslett refused to bench Aaron Brooks for the backup (Jake Delhomme) bc Brooks was the best option. Delhomme took Carolina to Super Bowl a couple years later. Haslett later admitted he was playing the wrong guy, and that he didn’t know what he had in Delhomme or he would’ve made a change.
    I’m not saying we have a Delhomme, but the point is we won’t know as long as J’Mar Smith is still on the field stinking it up.
    I agree with you. JMar is just not the guy, and he has had his shot. BUT, none of us (to my knowledge) have access to the coaching staff, nor the locker room or practice sessions. We don't know who is behind. After watching what I have been able to find film-wise on YouTube, my choice would Aaron Allen. Highly mobile, tight spirals. He reminds me of our version of Michael Vick, AND you could drop Allen into the existing game plan(s) and he would flourish, even enhance it.

There was a comment on the LaTechAthletics Facebook page by "Guy Davis" hinting that Tech would be getting a different QB at least by next year, "if not sooner". From what I could tell, Guy is JMar's Uncle/Dad/Guardian. And Guy makes a very good point: Its a team.

Last thing, especially to whoever keeps downvoting/giving me the "negative reputation". Like Coach Mike Bundy said in his famous speech: "I'm a man", consider what criticism you all are slinging out on this forum and Facebook, etc. and dial it back a few notches. These young men, including JMar, including our O-Line, put in a lot of work, self sacrifice to represent US. IF any of you have been a walk on or scholarship athlete @ Tech then you understand.

Be supportive and encouraging and less Keyboard All-Star Coach..

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I had noticed that at one of our offensive lineman was not suited up for the game. Motes? Anyone else note this. Another, Shipley, kept getting hurt so he might have been a walking wounded. Any others we might not have known about? I'm not making excuses, just wondering. We knew about Dancy and saw the cast on Tucker's hand. He finally put Tucker in any for a couple of quick pitches, the first of which worked for a good gain, but the second for only a couple. Those of you that noticed that Cox took the one snap also saw one of McKnight's better runs. So we don't know what's going on. It looked to me like Holtz was just trying to patch together an offensive unit and hope for the best. Maybe Allen was gimpy, too. This shouldn't be happening with 100 scholarships.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Recruiting or developing? I doubt we are just picking up duds out of High School.
    i never looked at Walker as a dud.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Players in locker room were bad mouthing J’Mar..with J’Mar within earshot. Found this out today from a good source with locker room access..
    I'm not surprised to hear this at all. I'm sure the players have had enough of poor QB play. Skip Holtz will be the absolute LAST person in America to recognize that J'Mar ain't cutting it. Well, Holtz and D65. And DogsWin. They've been J'Mar's biggest defenders.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I agree with you. JMar is just not the guy, and he has had his shot. BUT, none of us (to my knowledge) have access to the coaching staff, nor the locker room or practice sessions. We don't know who is behind. After watching what I have been able to find film-wise on YouTube, my choice would Aaron Allen. Highly mobile, tight spirals. He reminds me of our version of Michael Vick, AND you could drop Allen into the existing game plan(s) and he would flourish, even enhance it.

There was a comment on the LaTechAthletics Facebook page by "Guy Davis" hinting that Tech would be getting a different QB at least by next year, "if not sooner". From what I could tell, Guy is JMar's Uncle/Dad/Guardian. And Guy makes a very good point: Its a team.

Last thing, especially to whoever keeps downvoting/giving me the "negative reputation". Like Coach Mike Bundy said in his famous speech: "I'm a man", consider what criticism you all are slinging out on this forum and Facebook, etc. and dial it back a few notches. These young men, including JMar, including our O-Line, put in a lot of work, self sacrifice to represent US. IF any of you have been a walk on or scholarship athlete @ Tech then you understand.

Be supportive and encouraging and less Keyboard All-Star Coach..
    I'm suspicious of you. You come in from literally nowhere, with only 10 posts --hardly any before this week-- and now you're preaching to us about being "supportive and encouraging". We've seen this act before. Methinks you have a some kind of personal connection/agenda with the team or the coaches that you're protecting. Please feel free to fully disclose and share your connection/agenda with us so we can discuss it.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    As far as trusting our current administration to pick a coach with potential to win a championship, you are probably right. We would be better off with a qualified AD, no doubt about it. My Tech fandom started during the Oakes years. So that means Oakes, Dooley, Van de Velde and McClelland. Only football coach Dooley had a clue. When looking at that list it is a wonder we are not a NAIA school.
    The Davison's pick the coaches. They pick the AD. If they are happy, then nothing will change. If they are unhappy.... well then....

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    The Davison's pick the coaches. They pick the AD. If they are happy, then nothing will change. If they are unhappy.... well then....
    Barring any significant off-the-field shenanigans or scandals … 3-10 is the bar at which we dismiss coaches.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Barring any significant off-the-field shenanigans or scandals … 3-10 is the bar at which we dismiss coaches.
    ...after 2 years of 3 or less. Why start fixing broke a year early?

Saying that, I still think we'll win 6 or 7 games which is not good for a 6th year HC.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm suspicious of you. You come in from literally nowhere, with only 10 posts --hardly any before this week-- and now you're preaching to us about being "supportive and encouraging". We've seen this act before. Methinks you have a some kind of personal connection/agenda with the team or the coaches that you're protecting. Please feel free to fully disclose and share your connection/agenda with us so we can discuss it.
    I just found out about this board from another member this season, and I have not been able to post for some techincal reason. I just got the admins to fix it, so here we are baby.

Sure, I tell you a little about me so you can criticize and go negative on me as well. As Coach Bundy famously said, "I'm a man".

My grandfather graduated Tech. Most of my family has graduated Tech. My mom's side of the family is old school Ruston, her grandfather owned a haberdashery (The Hub) in downtown Ruston. As for me, I was Orientation Leader, SGA, Cheerleader(thus the Rama Jama ) during AL Williams days, and Karl Malone days. I reveal this to show that my blood runs deep in Red and COLUMBIA blue. So what, doesn't matter who I am or any of us are really. What matters is are you here to tear down or build up and support our guys.

I WISH I had inside knowledge of the locker room or the coaching staff or the athletic department. I don't. DO YOU HOGDAWG? As far as I know we are all looking in. It EASY to sit outside of the malestrom and criticize. No one more than HCSH, QB1, and the others know when/where they missed a play. THEY WATCH FILM OF THEMSELVES THE NEXT DAY. In front of their teammates.

Enough for now. I care about our Dawgs and I want them to win just as much as any of you.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

I just found out about this board from another member this season, and I have not been able to post for some techincal reason. I just got the admins to fix it, so here we are baby.

Sure, I tell you a little about me so you can criticize and go negative on me as well. As Coach Bundy famously said, "I'm a man".

My grandfather graduated Tech. Most of my family has graduated Tech. My mom's side of the family is old school Ruston, her grandfather owned a haberdashery (The Hub) in downtown Ruston. As for me, I was Orientation Leader, SGA, Cheerleader(thus the Rama Jama ) during AL Williams days, and Karl Malone days. I reveal this to show that my blood runs deep in Red and COLUMBIA blue. So what, doesn't matter who I am or any of us are really. What matters is are you here to tear down or build up and support our guys.

I WISH I had inside knowledge of the locker room or the coaching staff or the athletic department. I don't. DO YOU HOGDAWG? As far as I know we are all looking in. It EASY to sit outside of the malestrom and criticize. No one more than HCSH, QB1, and the others know when/where they missed a play. THEY WATCH FILM OF THEMSELVES THE NEXT DAY. In front of their teammates.

Enough for now. I care about our Dawgs and I want them to win just as much as any of you.

Coach Mike Gundy, of Oklahoma State, once said, "I'm a man! I'm 40!" Actually he screamed it.

Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdowns in one game for Polk High School. Al Bundy is a fictional character though, so that really didn't happen.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

And we all know who McGeorge Bundy was. Or do we?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I think most of us have been here supporting for a long time. I don’t know a single person on this board that wants to tear down anything. What we do want is the team to succeed in the worst conference in the NCAA under a coach in his 6th year and stop losing at home in embarrassing fashion every year. That’s seems like a lot to ask I know... You can have your opinion, That’s fine. Like him or hate him, HD has been proven right in most cases. And there isn’t anybody on this board that cares about Tech football more than he does.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I would think most of us are looking in, but many have been looking in at this situation for a looong time. One can begin to come to some intelligent conclusions once you have this much time and evidence, we may not know everything, but I think we have seen enough.

1. We have a coach who will no matter what, not try another QB. What if he tries one, two, or three other QB's and none of them work out, he has nothing to lose and the fanbase would be satisfied. How stubborn and pig headed do you have to be to follow the path HCSH is following.

2. Not only are we hearing of a loss of respect for our QB and probably coach, we are actually seeing it on the field.

3. When HCSH was hired, some guys from Florida got on the board and warned us, "He will choose a QB and stick with him no matter what" and stick with him to the point of turning your program into a Dumpster fire. Does this sound Familiar?

4. There is absolutely no Chemistry or leadership on this team that I can see, they are simply following the coaches example I am afraid. I think a lot of the guys are really trying to find that Chemistry and leader, just too many things working against them.

5. La Tech has a pretty good reputation of turning out good QB's and Kickers and playing a very exciting brand of Football, where has that gone?

6. Our attendance numbers are going the wrong way, Fans do not like to see you lose, but most can tolerate it if the team goes down fighting. No one wants to watch a slow agonizing death like we did this past Saturday.

7. We all want to find something positive going on with this program, other than the normal things you should expect out of a program and coaches, what are the positive things? Anyone...Anyone...

8. HCSH has had plenty time to get a winning program going, He apparently is not going to win any of the games he is not supposed to win, will always lose at least one toss up, USM will always be his daddy, and he strives for that ever so rare bowl game instead of a Championship.

Welcome to Mediocrity

Glad to see you on the board and posting RJ, Welcome!

Thanks for the background on yourself, RJ. It's easier to understand your position when we know you are a true Dog fan, and not just a players relative complaining, or a coaches wife defending her husband (yes, that's happened). And of course, we have to deal with the occasional ULL fans who systematically stroll over here to criticize our fan base after a loss.

Just know, that telling the folks on this board to be "supportive and encouraging" is laughable. Most of the people here on this board are LA Tech's best fans. Most here are members of LTAC (Louisiana Tech Athletic Assn) who give annually to the football program, hold season tickets and personally attend most, if not all of the games. So yeah, after all that, when the team absolutely FAILS TO SHOW UP AT ALL against UAB, the players deserve the criticism we dish out.

+ Reply to Thread