Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
As I just posted on the game thread...have to give UAB's defense, especially their Front 7, credit.

But, we need a change at QB. You see it all over the country, and in the NFL too. I've posted what has happened to Notre Dame since they benched their 2-yr starter, Winbush. They are a totally different team with that kid, Ian Book, starting at QB. If they don't have a WTF game, ND is heading to the four-team playoffs. And Skip Holtz, who grew up while his dad was coaching ND, should look at that for inspiration.

J'Mar Smith is as bad a QB as I've ever seen at Tech. That Georgia Tech transfer, what's his name, was pretty bad. But, as I've posted before, you can't fool we Tech fans. We KNOW what a good college QB looks like. And it doesn't look like Smith. He sucks. Period. QB is the single most important position on any football team. You HAVE to get that one right.

I hate it that he's just a junior. That's effectively two more years of this crap!
I've been telling you people this for the last year and a half. Now all the sudden, some of you want to actually complain about J'Mar. Where the hell have ya'll been? J'Mar didn't just get awful last night. He's been awful for a long time.

I also took Holtz to task on this board for allowing 3 (now) backup QB's to transfer out, when J'Mar is already so bad. Of course one of those QB's is already the starting QB at Southern Miss now, and he's doing very well.

KNOW THIS: J'mar Smith and Skip Holtz are KILLING LA Tech football. No exaggeration. The game day environment at JAS has already changed dramatically (for the worse) since J'Mar started being our starting QB 18 starts ago. Our fans have given J'Mar a ton of support, and he just can't deliver. I'm not even sure his team like's him now. And yes, fans DO matter. Experiences like the one ChipDog witnessed in the parking lot last night are very real. I know several people who won't go back to JAS until we get a new QB. There were only about 8K to 10K people in JAS last night. And maybe 100 students. How bad does it have to get before people demand change?