+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Embrace the suck

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Embrace the suck

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    As I just posted on the game thread...have to give UAB's defense, especially their Front 7, credit.

But, we need a change at QB. You see it all over the country, and in the NFL too. I've posted what has happened to Notre Dame since they benched their 2-yr starter, Winbush. They are a totally different team with that kid, Ian Book, starting at QB. If they don't have a WTF game, ND is heading to the four-team playoffs. And Skip Holtz, who grew up while his dad was coaching ND, should look at that for inspiration.

J'Mar Smith is as bad a QB as I've ever seen at Tech. That Georgia Tech transfer, what's his name, was pretty bad. But, as I've posted before, you can't fool we Tech fans. We KNOW what a good college QB looks like. And it doesn't look like Smith. He sucks. Period. QB is the single most important position on any football team. You HAVE to get that one right.

I hate it that he's just a junior. That's effectively two more years of this crap!
    I've been telling you people this for the last year and a half. Now all the sudden, some of you want to actually complain about J'Mar. Where the hell have ya'll been? J'Mar didn't just get awful last night. He's been awful for a long time.

I also took Holtz to task on this board for allowing 3 (now) backup QB's to transfer out, when J'Mar is already so bad. Of course one of those QB's is already the starting QB at Southern Miss now, and he's doing very well.

KNOW THIS: J'mar Smith and Skip Holtz are KILLING LA Tech football. No exaggeration. The game day environment at JAS has already changed dramatically (for the worse) since J'Mar started being our starting QB 18 starts ago. Our fans have given J'Mar a ton of support, and he just can't deliver. I'm not even sure his team like's him now. And yes, fans DO matter. Experiences like the one ChipDog witnessed in the parking lot last night are very real. I know several people who won't go back to JAS until we get a new QB. There were only about 8K to 10K people in JAS last night. And maybe 100 students. How bad does it have to get before people demand change?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

What did Chipdog witness in the parking lot?

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

For the most part, we are playing a boring brand of football, and if Skip has his way it will remain conservative, vanilla, and much less than exciting. We are not part of top 25, we cannot afford to play a boring conservative brand of football. It does not win games nor attract fans!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

FWIW, Holtz took the blame for the loss, saying he did not have the team prepared. Then he began making excuses. UAB's defense is great because most of the defensive players are 6th year guys. I stopped listening after he said that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Some of y'all really need some perspective. My freshmen year at Tech we went 3-9. We lost 54-10 to Kansas State. We lost 67-7 to Penn State. We lost to Stephen F. Austin at home. That was a miserable season. At least we had some hope with a young freshman QB who became the starter midway through the season and stood toe to toe with Auburn and Miami. At least we beat both ULL and ULM that year. But that team was much worse than this one. This team went down to Baton Rouge and battled. Just last weekend, this team beat the division favorite. We didn't show up to play yesterday. It's so frustrating to look as awful as we did, but we aren't the only team in the country to lay an egg this year. Welcome to college football.

During my five football seasons as a Tech student, we went a combined 25-35. We had some great players in Luke McCown and Ryan Moats. We played an excited brand of football. We also weren't very good. My fandom survived. The kids today can survive this.
    Professor, it's not about the loss last night. It's really not. Some of those losses you mentioned from the Luke McCown days were actually very exciting games. And with McCown being only a freshman, Tech fans had a reason to be excited about the future.

But not right now. Last night was the most B-O-R-I-N-G football game I've ever witnessed, bar none. In the 3rd quarter, I would have preferred to have been almost anywhere else. Not only was LA Tech getting it's faced punched in, the game was just a sleeper, because LA Tech is just so predictable. The game day experience has gotten exponentially worse too.

Fans have to know that their team and their coach really care. Neither Holtz or J'Mar are sending that message right now.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I could really admire a guy who would just own it and leave the podium. I would admire a reporter who would ask him the questions they need answered. I know he didn’t fully own it if he made any excuses about any of it. Not sure if he got asked any hard questions in postgame.

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Did you go to the LSU game? I watched that one in person, and if you can honestly describe that as "boring" football, then I don't think you know how football should be played. We followed that up by beating North Texas, the team expected to win our division. Yes, Saturday night absolutely sucked. It was awful. But you can't allow that one game to wipe out the other games. They exist, too.
    Did you actually see last nights game? Your comments lead me to believe you did not.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    FWIW, Holtz took the blame for the loss, saying he did not have the team prepared. Then he began making excuses. UAB's defense is great because most of the defensive players are 6th year guys. I stopped listening after he said that.
    Same here. I quit listening to Holtz when he started complaining about "UAB's 6th year players" being "real grown men over there". What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    What did Chipdog witness in the parking lot?
    I'm sorry. I thought Chipdog's post was in this thread, but it was in another. I've copied it below for your reading pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    In the parking lot there was a family of four getting in their car and the dad said, “we’ll be back when anybody but J’Mar is playing quarterback.” Then the mom added, “or Skip Holtz is gone, whichever happens first.” And the teenage daughter said, “I can’t believe we sat in the rain to watch that train wreck.” It was sad to hear.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Same here. I quit listening to Holtz when he started complaining about "UAB's 6th year players" being "real grown men over there". What a loser.
    Always an excuse. He’s got a magic eight ball full of them.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Thank you. This was to HogDawg.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Holtz is meeting the expectations of those who make decisions. Going 6-6 , 7-5 with a meaningless bowl appearance is our ADs definition of success
    He will only make a change when certain donors demand it
    Holtz is still in the building phase
    Gonna take another 10 yrs

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I've been telling you people this for the last year and a half. Now all the sudden, some of you want to actually complain about J'Mar. Where the hell have ya'll been? J'Mar didn't just get awful last night. He's been awful for a long time.

I also took Holtz to task on this board for allowing 3 (now) backup QB's to transfer out, when J'Mar is already so bad. Of course one of those QB's is already the starting QB at Southern Miss now, and he's doing very well.

KNOW THIS: J'mar Smith and Skip Holtz are KILLING LA Tech football. No exaggeration. The game day environment at JAS has already changed dramatically (for the worse) since J'Mar started being our starting QB 18 starts ago. Our fans have given J'Mar a ton of support, and he just can't deliver. I'm not even sure his team like's him now. And yes, fans DO matter. Experiences like the one ChipDog witnessed in the parking lot last night are very real. I know several people who won't go back to JAS until we get a new QB. There were only about 8K to 10K people in JAS last night. And maybe 100 students. How bad does it have to get before people demand change?
    There were a decent amount of students there during pre-game, considering it was in moderate rain, right before they delayed it.

+ Reply to Thread