+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Chemistry, Bad Body Language

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Team Chemistry, Bad Body Language

This thread is probably the most appropriate after last night. But I think it should be reserved for the offense. I don't want to call it a lackadaisical attitude, because I think it goes beyond being carelessly lazy. Yes, there was bad body language from every one of our position groups on offense. That was disturbing. Especially the constant walking on and off the field - like a bad high school team.

But what got me the most were the temper tantrums by two of our receivers on the sidelines. If something isn't working tell your position coach or Holtz. Work with your coaches to find something that will work.

But don't make a fool of yourself on the sidelines.

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

OL has and will continue to be the main and predominate problem for years and I don’t believe it is talent issue it is coaching and attitude.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Looked like the receivers are frustrated with their crappy QB.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    OL has and will continue to be the main and predominate problem for years and I don’t believe it is talent issue it is coaching and attitude.
    I think the line play would be a little different if we got the ball out quickly, accurately and on time.

Our QB needs a line that can block for 4-5 seconds to be successful.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

OL can’t fix 100 mph throws in the turf and balls thrown no where near receivers. Jmar best play is the busted play where he can fling it down field in a dream where a wr is open by at least 5 yards. Quick throws, read and timing passes are not his thing and never will be.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

While watching the game last night, after one of the early 3 and outs, the camera panned to J'Mar and Rattay talking. It was obvious that Rattay was giving him direction and encouragement. J'Mar listened for 5 seconds, said nothing and then walked away. To me, #1 you are not listening to your coach, #2 you don't care what your coach is saying, and #3 since the QB coach didn't follow you and get in your face, he knows you won't listen anyway!

J'Mar needs a little humble pie.

Sorry, not a QB fan.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    While watching the game last night, after one of the early 3 and outs, the camera panned to J'Mar and Rattay talking. It was obvious that Rattay was giving him direction and encouragement. J'Mar listened for 5 seconds, said nothing and then walked away. To me, #1 you are not listening to your coach, #2 you don't care what your coach is saying, and #3 since the QB coach didn't follow you and get in your face, he knows you won't listen anyway!

Sorry, not a QB fan.
    Been going on since holtz got here. Love the kids. Give them a good experience and possibly win a few games along the way. Why get you blood pressure up at little ole Louisiana tech

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just about time for the Sunshine Pumpers to tell us how wrong we are!
    I wonder how long before they start saying that our boys aren’t getting any sun with all these night games and we should move back to afternoon day games because the sun gives them power.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

We always seem to play bad against a team that we have “circled on our calendar from last year.”

2016? USM. 2017? USM. 2018? UAB.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quit circling the damn calendar!!!!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    This thread is probably the most appropriate after last night. But I think it should be reserved for the offense. I don't want to call it a lackadaisical attitude, because I think it goes beyond being carelessly lazy. Yes, there was bad body language from every one of our position groups on offense. That was disturbing. Especially the constant walking on and off the field - like a bad high school team.

But what got me the most were the temper tantrums by two of our receivers on the sidelines. If something isn't working tell your position coach or Holtz. Work with your coaches to find something that will work.

What are you referring to?

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post

Sorry, not a QB fan.
    I noticed that too. The pros can get away with that. College shouldn't.
    Go Tech!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post

I didn't see what you are talking about, but with this head coach and some of his staff that frustration may be because they have talked to the coaches. Maybe even more than once and nothing changed. I don't like when players do that either, but I can understand it in some situations especially with young men. Pros are a different story.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    OL can’t fix 100 mph throws in the turf and balls thrown no where near receivers. Jmar best play is the busted play where he can fling it down field in a dream where a wr is open by at least 5 yards. Quick throws, read and timing passes are not his thing and never will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Looked like the receivers are frustrated with their crappy QB.
    I can't blame the receivers for being frustrated. At the UNT game the receivers took a lot of hard hits because the passes were high, late, or behind them. Several times, the receiver caught the ball and was very slow getting up. Trainers came out to check on a receiver at least twice. The receivers probably like the throws into the turf because they know they won't get bruised/cracked/broken ribs while being fully extended trying to catch pass as if rebounding a basketball.
    Last edited by dawg1984; 10-10-2018 at 01:03 PM. Reason: fixed grammar

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    I can't blame the receivers for being frustrated. At the UNT game the receivers took a lot of hard hits because the passes were high, late, or behind them. Several times, the receiver caught the ball and was very slow getting up. Trainers came out to check on a receiver at least twice. The receivers probably like the throws into the turf because they know they won't get bruised/cracked/broken ribs while being fully extended trying to catch pass as if rebounding a basketball.
    Yep, and if a receiver touches the ball is it counted as a drop by our stat people. Our QB got credit for 4 dropped passes last week. I remember 1.

+ Reply to Thread