+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/13: @UTSA Game Thread

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UTSA Game Thread 10-13 @ 6pm

You know, it's not even about winning and losing anymore. It's about being BORED to apathy by an offensive idiot coach.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

I canceled my espn+ - rather spend $5 for something else than to watch this pathetic offense.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Maybe it's just "wishful thinking" but I have a good feeling about this game. It helps that UTSA is not very good. And, I think the Dawgs are upset with themselves, as they should be, and are looking to bounce back. Now...I don't know how the team is doing internally. Some have posted rumors about alleged discontent in the ranks. Low morale, disgruntled players, can be a cancer that tears a team apart. If that is happening, Tech is not the first, nor would it be the last, but it is alarming to hear such things. This team lacks leadership. It was obvious last year, and it's even more obvious this year. That's especially true on offense.

I would think, hope, that Ferguson would be a leader for the defense. The other guys will follow his lead. But it takes a certain type of personality to do that, to be successful at it. Some great players simply are not the rah-rah kind of people. They prefer to quietly go about doing their jobs. Overall the defense is doing fine. They certainly deserved a better fate the other night.

If, big IF, there is unrest on the team that is when leaders step up and get everyone back on the same page.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

The WRs are done with J'MAr..... You can see it in their body language and showing their frustration on the field.......Hardy was obvious with it.

The UAB game was the worst performance I have EVER seen in Ruston.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Many of us have been expressing dissatisfaction with Smith for more than a year. Personally, I have tried, really tried to see something in him, even stooping to using his name in the same sentence with Drew Brees! Quite a reach. I have also posted how coaches of very successful programs have benched previous starters....Notre Dame, for instance...and now are reaping the rewards of having a real QB at the helm. The whole team, not just the offense, responds to a good QB.

Smith has 19 career starts. We are 10-9. Half those losses are his fault, none of the wins are because of him. This is a typical Skip Holtz team, exactly the same as he had in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and now this year. What is different about 2017 and 2018 in comparison to the previous three years?

It's still a TEAM game, so I am hopeful we'll get to 6 wins at least. If we beat UTSA, and I think we will, we will likely finish 7-5. And a bowling we will go! The Ruston Establishment will be satisfied....mission accomplished.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    I canceled my espn+ - rather spend $5 for something else than to watch this pathetic offense.
    I'll probably keep it. There are a lot of other games I can watch and its not terrible for a cord cutter like me. Tech football ain't worth a nickel these days.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    The WRs are done with J'MAr..... You can see it in their body language and showing their frustration on the field.......Hardy was obvious with it.

Me too.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Me too.
    I've heard this from many people since half time of the game, but I remember these too...

24-15 loss to Tulane

35-16 loss to Army

28-13 loss to UNT

52-14 loss to Rice

24-14 loss to Tulsa

30-10 loss to UTSA

All these were by the high powered offense we were promised by our new coach. BUT, we had lost 35 seniors from the year before.

Don't forget 2006 with Bicknell on the way out.

After the look back, I'm convinced what I saw on Saturday night was THE WORST offensive football I've ever seen us play.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Where is D65? I cannot wait to hear his words of wisdom and unbridled support for the head coach and QB. I have been going to Tech games since 1964, and I cannot remember a more inept offensive performance. Not only was the QB "at sea" most of the time, the head coach most have thought he was coaching Pop Warner football. I agree that the WR's have totally given up on the qb. Who can blame them? Of course, the head coach is more to blame than the qb for leaving him in and not going to another qb.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I've heard this from many people since half time of the game, but I remember these too...

24-15 loss to Tulane

35-16 loss to Army

28-13 loss to UNT

52-14 loss to Rice

24-14 loss to Tulsa

30-10 loss to UTSA

All these were by the high powered offense we were promised by our new coach. BUT, we had lost 35 seniors from the year before.

After the look back, I'm convinced what I saw on Saturday night was THE WORST offensive football I've ever seen us play.
    Yep. We scored more points in ALL of those games above than we did against UAB Saturday night. And remember, the only reason we scored 7 against UAB is because our defense got an INT, and gave our offense the ball on UAB's 33 yd line to start the game.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

24-15 loss to Tulane

35-16 loss to Army

28-13 loss to UNT

52-14 loss to Rice

24-14 loss to Tulsa

30-10 loss to UTSA

I agree. You have to go back to 2006 when Nevada beat us 42-0 in front of 9,383 at the Joe. That 2006 team won three games.

Before that, you have to go back to 1994 when we lost to Utah State 3-7 in a spectacular defensive struggle () at the Joe in front of, yes, 5,030 fans. That 1994 team also won three games that year.

Based on expectations, this loss and offensive ineptitude is the worst game at the Joe in over a quarter of a century.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Screw it. I just bought my UTSA tickets today. My wife and I will go endure it, haha. Hopefully we win!
    Awesome. I would if I lived close by. Hopefully our guys are sufficiently pissed and will take it out on UTSA. Go Dawgs!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Well, the good news is just about the time J’Mar graduates next year NLULM should be out of business and he would have two years of eligibility left to come on down the road.

I know you are probably half joking, but getting transfer QB's seems to work out well for us. With the new redshirt rules, grad transfers and JUCO's we should be looking for an already developed QB for a 1 to 2 year rental. We do not seem to have the ability to groom most of our high school recruits.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I know you are probably half joking, but getting transfer QB's seems to work out well for us. With the new redshirt rules, grad transfers and JUCO's we should be looking for an already developed QB for a 1 to 2 year rental. We do not seem to have the ability to groom most of our high school recruits.
    I really hate to be the one to say it, but we probably need to be looking at more than one of our coaches, we are having to recruit QB's that are already groomed. Maybe that is why Elliott is number two, JC experience. I think we have a problem recruiting QB's and Kickers now, that has to be corrected. And yes, I do believe that we have lost at least one and probably two QB's from our program because of HCSH being thick headed.

Puppy TheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I didn't see it posted anywhere else here, but there are FREE tickets to the UTSA game.

2 free tickets on Ticketmaster if you use the promo code 958508. It limits it to 2 per person, but a lot better than ~$35/ticket.

+ Reply to Thread