+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/13: @UTSA Game Thread

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Re: UTSA Game Thread 10-13 @ 6pm

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustonRustler View Post
    I didn't see it posted anywhere else here, but there are FREE tickets to the UTSA game.

2 free tickets on Ticketmaster if you use the promo code 958508. It limits it to 2 per person, but a lot better than ~$35/ticket.
    Sorry not going even for free tickets.. gas to drive, hotel, food etc. nope, nope, nope.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Sorry not going even for free tickets.. gas to drive, hotel, food etc. nope, nope, nope.
    I am going and discovered that there no such thing as a free ticket at Ticketmaster.

I am also paying for gas to drive, hotel, food etc. for two nights. If my son and granddaughter didn't live there, I would be just like you FriscoDog.

Puppy TheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Figured I would help out anyone else wanting to go to the game.
    I'll support my Dogs any chance i get. One disappointing game this season isn't going to make me stop being a fan.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

You helped me for sure, I bought 4 tickets using the promotional code . Thank you.
    The dome seats 72,000 and they are averaging about 16,000 this year and 19,000 last year . I expect more since they are on 3 game winning sfreak.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I really hate to be the one to say it, but we probably need to be looking at more than one of our coaches, we are having to recruit QB's that are already groomed. Maybe that is why Elliott is number two, JC experience. I think we have a problem recruiting QB's and Kickers now, that has to be corrected. And yes, I do believe that we have lost at least one and probably two QB's from our program because of HCSH being thick headed.
    I agree our problems probably lie with more than just the head coach. If we were ever to make a change at the top everyone would probably be gone as well. The new head coach usually wants to bring in "his guys".

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

We plan to be there. The enclosure with the tickets said no parking at the Alamo dome except for utsa boosters. 80% chance of rain Saturday and Saturday night. How are people getting to the game?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

We are using Uber.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

To get to UTSA games, there are 3 VIA Park-n-Ride locations that you can use. It is $2.50 per person each way, so $5/person. The 3 Park-n-Ride locations are at the Tobin parking garage on the main UTSA campus out near 1604, the Crossroads Park-n-Ride at Wonderland Mall in Balcones Heights, and at the Madla Transit Center on the SW side. I live on the NE side, and will probably just use the Crossroads location. I've used that location to take VIA to a couple other large events downtown, and it ain't bad. UTSA's campus has a covered, free parking garage for this, so that could be a good option too, depending on where you live. Parking is free at all 3 of these locations. I would advise either Crossroads or the UTSA location at the Tobin parking garage. Madla is not in the best part of town...

I wish the shiny new VIA transit center at Stone Oak and 281 was one of the available options, but oh well...

See all you glorious blue folks at the dome!!

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

We are staying at the Hilton on the river walk so we would have to drive away to get to a shuttle location

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Screw it. I just bought my UTSA tickets today. My wife and I will go endure it, haha. Hopefully we win!
    looking forward to the games-- will not promise we will win but against UAB we were missing our RB Dancy and backup Tucker. the third string RB was Jr College transfer with solid background but fumbled twice. Poor O line performance and backup RBs did poor blocking . Our 2 susperstar D players had 3 tackles between them -- I am not driving for 7 hours to see us lose -- we have played 5 games and UAB was pathetic but we did not embarrass ourself at LSU and showed a lot of heart at NT. we 3-2 as you know but reading BBB gives impression we are horrible .... Vegas picked us against UAB and wrong--lets hope they are right this week --

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustonRustler View Post
    I'll support my Dogs any chance i get. One disappointing game this season isn't going to make me stop being a fan.
    No one said they were going to stop being a fan. Two people said that they don't want to make the drive from Dallas and incur the added expenses of gas and hotel to see THIS team possibly put up the type of performance that we saw at home versus UAB. They did not say that they will not be watching the game on ESPN+. I am in the same boat. I live in Dallas. I love the Bulldogs. I go to the home games. I have a ticket to the UTSA game. I'm not going. What you don't realize is that for many fans, like those of us in the DFW Metroplex, EVERY game is an away game. Every game has extra incurred expenses above our ticket costs and above our LTAC donations. What I saw in Ruston last weekend will not draw me to San Antonio. I'm sorry. I'm still a fan, but I'm tired. I'll sit this one out and watch on TV.
    Last edited by techfreak; 10-11-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: typo

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
    No one said they were going to stop being a fan. Two people said that they don't want to make the drive from Dallas and incur the added expenses of gas and hotel to see THIS team possibly put up the type of performance that we saw at home versus UAB. They did not say that they will not be watching the game on ESPN+. I am in the same boat. I live in Dallas. I love the Bulldogs. I go to the home games. I have a ticket to the UTSA game. I'm not going. What you don't realize is that for many fans, like those of us in the DFW Metroplex, EVERY game is an away game. Every game has extra incurred expenses above our ticket costs and above our LTAC donations. What I saw in Ruston last weekend will not draw me to San Antonio. I'm sorry. I'm still a fan, but I'm tired. I'll sit this one out and watch on TV.
    Believe me, no one is going to stop being a fan, we would not be here on this board if we were no longer fans. I have to admire all of you guys who are making 4-6 hour drives, hotel stays, and other expenses to be here, you are most surely fans. I have two hours to drive, and it is not a stressful drive so I enjoy the trip up most of the time, the trip home last week, not so much.

Why are some not putting out the extra effort to make a drive-able Tech football game? When is last time that anyone here has seen four full quarters of good, exciting, TECH Football? Anyone?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    When is last time that anyone here has seen four full quarters of good, exciting, TECH Football? Anyone?
    The Frisco Bowl last December. Tech DOMINATED that game from the very first play to the last. But SMU was in total disarray for that game. I had a great time watching that game though and then driving home only 30 minutes.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

There are rentable scooters all over downtown for that, plus a free downtown trolley bus line that should take you there. Uber and Lyft are cheap for that too. With good weather, you could maybe walk, but it will be rainy anyway. Check out the scooters for fun. They are basically littered all over on purpose, and you use an app with a credit card to rent it.. Then you leave it right there you are done with it. If it is gone after your event, you can just catch a ride. Uber is easy though.

Crap, the E Line (trolley) downtown would only get you within still a couple blocks of the Alamodome, because it turns around on Commerce, in front of the convention center.

+ Reply to Thread