+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off topic: I have to find a new home for my boxer Sunny

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Re: Off topic: I have to find a new home for my boxer Sunny

Had three inquiries in the last hour from the Natchitoches Humane Society Facebook listing. Lots of people trying to help

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

There's a group that tag teams delivering dogs around the country. They drive a few hours and hand them off to the next person in the chain. I'm not sure who to contact to inquire about how that works, but would be glad to check if you didn't want to make that entire trip.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    There's a group that tag teams delivering dogs around the country. They drive a few hours and hand them off to the next person in the chain. I'm not sure who to contact to inquire about how that works, but would be glad to check if you didn't want to make that entire trip.
    It's a network of groups. The Natchitoches Humane Society is a member of that national network. Using various outlets, including social media, a group in the network puts out a call, announcing the origin and the destination, and volunteers step up.

Recently, there were two dogs in a New Mexico shelter bound for Georgia, one member of the NHS met someone along I-20 in Shreveport, got the two dogs, and carried them to a volunteer in Alabama, who then took them the rest of the way to their new home. BTW, animals rescued and saved by the NHS have found new homes as far away as Canada. Last year the NHS saved the lives of 218 dogs, a bunch of cats, several horses, and a pet pig!

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

I have a very good friend in Winnsboro that has done quite a bit of this through the years. It is a worthy cause.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It's a network of groups. The Natchitoches Humane Society is a member of that national network. Using various outlets, including social media, a group in the network puts out a call, announcing the origin and the destination, and volunteers step up.

Recently, there were two dogs in a New Mexico shelter bound for Georgia, one member of the NHS met someone along I-20 in Shreveport, got the two dogs, and carried them to a volunteer in Alabama, who then took them the rest of the way to their new home. BTW, animals rescued and saved by the NHS have found new homes as far away as Canada. Last year the NHS saved the lives of 218 dogs, a bunch of cats, several horses, and a pet pig!
    Wow I never heard of such groups, but this is very cool to hear about. Some good in the world, and people helping each other.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Foster families are always needed. We foster when a dog needs a temporary place to stay. Usually it's when there is a dog, or dogs, who have 24 hours to live. There are "kill shelters" that when they run out of room, put out the word they will be killing a dog, or dogs, to make room for incoming new ones. The NHS has a "hotline" to the local kill shelter, which is operated by the Natchitoches Sheriff's Office. We (my wife and I) will always step up when a dog has run out of time. Others will too.

We kept one. Our Heidi, 1 of 4 we have, was in that situation. We tried to place her in a home, but Heidi has a "rough" side. She is my little "killer." I pity the fool who breaks into our house... But, usually, after a couple of weeks, our fosters have all found good homes. The longest we kept one was a pit bull female, Bree. She was not a vicious dog...she just looked that way. We fostered her for about 2 1/2 months before she was placed. Sometimes it's only a few days, but usually a couple of weeks. And yes! sometimes we kind of get attached to 'em and it's hard to let them go.

If anyone reading this wants to get involved, or knows someone who might, please contact me, or contact the Natchitoches Humane Society directly OR! find a group near you. WE NEED THE HELP!

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Unfortunately, it did not work out with the people in Indianapolis. We had the car loaded with her bed and stuff so we could get away early this morning. We volunteered to drive 8.5 hours to Marion IL which is 3.5 hours for them The husband said it was too far since he had to be at work early the next day. We volunteered to get up at 4 and drive about 10 hours to effingham which would 2 for them and he said he wanted to put it off until Sunday which did not work for us. So, there was a couple on Toledo Bend who lost their boxer last year who contacted us after friends told them they saw Sunny on Natchitoches Humane Society Facebook page and they will take her. I am driving over today and if all works out, she will have a good home. So thanks to Mrs Dawg80 and the wonderful people at the Natchitoches Humane Society

Happy it all worked out! Hooray for Sunny!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    Unfortunately, it did not work out with the people in Indianapolis. We had the car loaded with her bed and stuff so we could get away early this morning. We volunteered to drive 8.5 hours to Marion IL which is 3.5 hours for them The husband said it was too far since he had to be at work early the next day. We volunteered to get up at 4 and drive about 10 hours to effingham which would 2 for them and he said he wanted to put it off until Sunday which did not work for us. So, there was a couple on Toledo Bend who lost their boxer last year who contacted us after friends told them they saw Sunny on Natchitoches Humane Society Facebook page and they will take her. I am driving over today and if all works out, she will have a good home. So thanks to Mrs Dawg80 and the wonderful people at the Natchitoches Humane Society
    That's AWESOME! Thanks TD, D80 & Mrs D80.

With a team like that, Sunny was bound to have a good outcome.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I bet more of these animals could get adopted if Tech played nlu in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I bet more of these animals could get adopted if Tech played nlu in football.
    Nah! there would be a disturbance in the Force.

Sunny is as happy as can be. The new family is great. We will be making a nice donation to the Natchitoches Humane Society. Wonderful people who made many contacts with other organizations

+ Reply to Thread